Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do You Think That Lotteries Are Draining Money From Addicted Lottery Players Everyday?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2012, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

You only live once.

Go for the gusto.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Keke242's avatar - nicebear
    Florida
    Bahamas
    Member #130323
    July 11, 2012
    451 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2012, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

No I think that's up to the people if they don't have enough dont play. I always make sure to pay off other things before playing. You can only lose what you spend. But you can win way more :p

Good luck and blessings to all 

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2012, 4:08 am - IP Logged

wellsure is sucking this dupe dry,

<---------------

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
        Texas
        United States
        Member #92330
        June 5, 2010
        887 Posts
        Posted: August 4, 2012, 5:59 am - IP Logged

Meh.

Look at how much some people spend on other things and those numbers don't look like anything. The average cell phone bill per individual is $71, which is at $852 a year. I found another number that puts the average amount spent on soda is over $300 a year. I'm sure there are other luxuries that we don't realize how much we spend on but I'm too tired to look.

Because it's gambing people put a negative mark on the lottery even though people spend the same or more on other things. Honestly I don't mind giving up that soda for the week in exchange for winning tons of money. Worst case scenario after going for the lottery is I have nothing to show for it, and with the soda all you ever have to show for it is extra calories.

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: August 4, 2012, 6:17 am - IP Logged

Meh.

Look at how much some people spend on other things and those numbers don't look like anything. The average cell phone bill per individual is $71, which is at $852 a year. I found another number that puts the average amount spent on soda is over $300 a year. I'm sure there are other luxuries that we don't realize how much we spend on but I'm too tired to look.

Because it's gambing people put a negative mark on the lottery even though people spend the same or more on other things. Honestly I don't mind giving up that soda for the week in exchange for winning tons of money. Worst case scenario after going for the lottery is I have nothing to show for it, and with the soda all you ever have to show for it is extra calories.

I dont worry much about the cost of soda unless there is a correlation with maybe diabetes and lots of cavities.

I am not too much worried about lotteries draining money,  i am more worried about lotteries draining spirit.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: August 4, 2012, 8:23 am - IP Logged

You play to win the game .......... The only addiction I have are shoes & handbags Wink

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
              Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1649 Posts
              Posted: August 4, 2012, 8:54 am - IP Logged

No, they're not draining the monies at all. As I've stated before before, there is a balance in these games within the odds to where there must absolutely be more losers than winners at any given time. Is has to be this way as it's how revenues are generated, and, it's also how the winners of the games (s) get paid. Can't have lots of revenue with mostly winners and only a few losers. Most people that play the Pick 3/4 games are running purely on luck and hope that they'll hit pretty good at some point. Even then, upon getting a big hit, they must still hope that it's enough to recover what've been spending and losing the last few weeks are so. 

Otherwise, although it's a win, the player is still in the red in terms of funds tied up. Most of the time, small losses continue to add up with an occasional win from time to time. A few years ago, I brought up this same basic topic and shared the same views which I am now and most people simply wrote it off as having fun and that they knew they were supporting their state with losses. Well, this is a lot of support when you consider the average loss per player everday...twice a day. I suppose there's a happy medium between players and the states

Now, the more experienced players that know what they're doing have no problem with this. Why? Because, based on how they play, they're in that winner percentile and understand that they must win very soon although they've endured a couple of losses already. It takes money to be remain in this percentile...something most players aren't willing to part with in order to give themselves the opportunity. Patience is also imperative. In the end, the lottery gives everyone the same chance to win the same money everday. It's up to player how they approach the game, how much they want to spend, and, how often they expect to win or lose.

L.L.