Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What are some of the best quotes that you have read about playing the lottery?

Topic closed. 149 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Artist77.

Page 7 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2012, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

This one is very good, too. Although my playground gives me more room to run around, I still spend $375-$450 on each draw. I'm actually afraid of not spending it because then, I compromise the consistency of my whole approach. I have yet to not at least recover my cost on a single draw...even when I don't make money. Recovery, to me, is the single most important factor when playing. If you don't fully recover your costs, at some point, then you're really just losing all the time.

The state run lotteries are masters of ensuring that players remain in the red with the odds (payouts) they extend to the players. The still have some of my money, but that's okay.

L.L.

Really LL? How can they still have some of your money,

The still have some of my money, but that's okay.

If you cover your cost on every single draw??

I have yet to not at least recover my cost on a single draw

Just wondering??

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1649 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Really LL? How can they still have some of your money,

The still have some of my money, but that's okay.

If you cover your cost on every single draw??

I have yet to not at least recover my cost on a single draw

Just wondering??

They still have the monies that I couldn't win back when I was playing the state. Due to the odds, $250 on a str8 play, my win/loss ratio was in the red because I couldn't play enough numbers to see any real profit, or, consistency. Back then, I didn't quite understand the pre-tests deal, and, it was hell trying to run around to different stores just to get all my tickets played...very tedious. I didn't know anything near what I know now in terms of approach, and, I learned of better resources to implement what I did know and cause me to win more frequently. I'm pretty sure I've more than recovered the losses, per se, just through a different venue. Texas can have that money.

Now, I have the ability to ensure recovery of my costs, even when I over spend, and can only break even when I play. It took a long time for me to discover "how" to spend my money wisely and give myself the opportunity, FIRST, to recover my money. I treat this game like a business, Ronnie, and you and I both know that you must recover expenses before you can actually make money and generate profit. How I play my numbers isn't possible with a state run lottery at all. But, the states don't care about the players...only about how much money it can pull in. I'm not raising all the hell in the lotto world, and, neither am I the holy grail of Pick 3 players, but I'm not losing like I was...and I actually make money. I'm happy.Wink

L.L. 

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
      Nova Scotia
      Canada
      Member #9934
      December 27, 2004
      884 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

A person can't  win if they don't buy a ticket, I have heard the saying over the years, and I have told other people!

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

They still have the monies that I couldn't win back when I was playing the state. Due to the odds, $250 on a str8 play, my win/loss ratio was in the red because I couldn't play enough numbers to see any real profit, or, consistency. Back then, I didn't quite understand the pre-tests deal, and, it was hell trying to run around to different stores just to get all my tickets played...very tedious. I didn't know anything near what I know now in terms of approach, and, I learned of better resources to implement what I did know and cause me to win more frequently. I'm pretty sure I've more than recovered the losses, per se, just through a different venue. Texas can have that money.

Now, I have the ability to ensure recovery of my costs, even when I over spend, and can only break even when I play. It took a long time for me to discover "how" to spend my money wisely and give myself the opportunity, FIRST, to recover my money. I treat this game like a business, Ronnie, and you and I both know that you must recover expenses before you can actually make money and generate profit. How I play my numbers isn't possible with a state run lottery at all. But, the states don't care about the players...only about how much money it can pull in. I'm not raising all the hell in the lotto world, and, neither am I the holy grail of Pick 3 players, but I'm not losing like I was...and I actually make money. I'm happy.Wink

L.L. 

How do you play pick 3 in other states? Sorry if its a stupid question. I only ever play MM and never paid attention to much else.

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

A person can't  win if they don't buy a ticket, I have heard the saying over the years, and I have told other people!

Exactly Elizabeth! And preferably it should be a lottery ticket, if at all possible!  Yes Nod

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2012, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I hit the MM jackpot without buying a ticket.

Friday, August 10, 2012    10 · 18 · 36 · 38 · 44    + 08    4    $29 Million

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2012, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

It was George Bush's fault..................

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2012, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

L.L. 

That is awesome LL, I would like to play pick 4 in other states. How do I place my bets?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4792 Posts
                  Posted: August 14, 2012, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I won the lottery but I forgot where I hid the ticket.

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: August 14, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I won the lottery but I forgot where I hid the ticket.

I hid the ticket, but forgot I won the lottery.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4792 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I hid the ticket, but forgot I won the lottery.

lol

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11979 Posts
                        Posted: August 16, 2012, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Losing $2 to win a Powerball jackpot will not hurt your heart. You have to play to win.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: August 16, 2012, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Losing $2 to win a Powerball jackpot will not hurt your heart. You have to play to win.

If you win the PB jackpot, you didn't lose your $2.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: August 16, 2012, 10:47 am - IP Logged

If you win the PB jackpot, you didn't lose your $2.

And your ROI would have been 640,000,000 %.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: August 16, 2012, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

And your ROI would have been 640,000,000 %.

If Thrifty started betting my system every draw it would cost him $512,928. per year.

Page 7 of 10