Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I forgot to get the multiplier

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2012, 9:39 am - IP Logged

The multiplier doesn't help the JP so why really pay it??

Why pay for anything.  What?

I'm in the process of negotiating my lottery tickets for free, by giving my state free word of mouth advertising.   Cussing Face

My message will be simple, clear and direct. Play the lottery, so I can get my tickets for free.  Wink

The lottery director should be returning my call this morning with the good news!   Yes Nod   Try it with your state.   Thumbs Up

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2012, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Excellent idea mcginnin56, except we may have to get into a "bread" line

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
      Columbus, Ohio
      United States
      Member #128906
      June 5, 2012
      592 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2012, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I just bought my 6 MM tickets for tonights drawing, this time I remembered the multiplier

Jersey City, NJ
        United States
        Member #132076
        August 26, 2012
        13 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2012, 1:00 am - IP Logged

<snip> I only have until 9:59... unless the lotto people are lazy and just turn off the machine early.  I had a guy once, I walked into the store, with my cards, and he's like, "f'in ... S man i just turned off the machine"

I was like, well turn that sucker back on so you can make your $0.50 on my $10 worth of tickets.  Chop Chop...

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2012, 6:37 am - IP Logged

<snip> I only have until 9:59... unless the lotto people are lazy and just turn off the machine early.  I had a guy once, I walked into the store, with my cards, and he's like, "f'in ... S man i just turned off the machine"

I was like, well turn that sucker back on so you can make your $0.50 on my $10 worth of tickets.  Chop Chop...

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

LOL

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2012, 6:39 am - IP Logged

Excellent idea mcginnin56, except we may have to get into a "bread" line

Haven't most of us been in this bread line since "08" What?

Hopefully relief will be on the way in a couple of months.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2012, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I won $10,000 on PB. If I had played the multiplier I would have won $40,000.

BUT!

The winning ticket was the last of 12 tickets that I played.

So if I would have played the multiplier I probably would have played 6 tickets and would have won NOTHING!

You are better off play without the multiplier and buy extra tickets with the saved money.

Just my opinion.

Realistically, 12 chances out of 175 million ain't much better than 8 chances out of 175 million.

I'd put the extry buck on 8 tickets rather than get 12 tickets without it, cuz you're much more likely to win 2nd or 3rd prize than the jackpot, if by a miracle you achieve even that.