Welcome Guest
You last visited April 26, 2017, 3:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mistake Tickets!

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 5 years ago by jamella724.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3910 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2012, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Last time I came across a mistake ticket, it was the cashier printing my tickets. He added powerplay, which I did not want, so he printed another without powerplay. But when I said I'd buy the mistake ticket, he said no, he was keeping it.   O_O

Looks like what we have here is a clerk who is superstisious about mistake tix.

Go Lions !

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2012, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Last time I came across a mistake ticket, it was the cashier printing my tickets. He added powerplay, which I did not want, so he printed another without powerplay. But when I said I'd buy the mistake ticket, he said no, he was keeping it.   O_O

I don't like the sound of that at all, Piaceri.

By keeping that ticket he created a pool with just you and him so you'd be splitting the JP with him if your numbers came in.

Guy's gotta be a jerk to say he's keeping it after you asked for it.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
      upstate NY
      United States
      Member #108791
      March 31, 2011
      549 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2012, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

I don't like the sound of that at all, Piaceri.

By keeping that ticket he created a pool with just you and him so you'd be splitting the JP with him if your numbers came in.

Guy's gotta be a jerk to say he's keeping it after you asked for it.

Indeed.  It may even be against lottery regulations.  (I say "may" because I don't know for certain, but it definitely sounds shady.)

Piaceri, perhaps you should contact your state's lottery commission.  I don't know if they'll investigate, but this should be reported at the very least.

dannyboyhouston's avatar - lottery scratch_off_light_shirt-p235645499971128473gyb4_400.jpg
        houston texas
        United States
        Member #130267
        July 10, 2012
        6300 Posts
        Posted: September 21, 2012, 9:44 am - IP Logged

The cashiers were I get my tickets allways know that I will by all mistake tickets no matter what the price is. I haven't hit on any of them yet, let me give that a big YET. I know when HE is ready for me to win, then it will be worth the wait.

DannyDance

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1661 Posts
          Posted: September 21, 2012, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

The cashiers were I get my tickets allways know that I will by all mistake tickets no matter what the price is. I haven't hit on any of them yet, let me give that a big YET. I know when HE is ready for me to win, then it will be worth the wait.

DannyDance

Well, danny, I dove in head first tonight! I stopped at the Shell to pick up my "sip 'n snacks" and when I got to the checkout counter, the clerk began to chat with me (I know her). Then, right in the middle of everything, she asked if I wanted some misprinted MM's tickets. Man, I was actually floored because this was the second time it's happened to me...AND AT THE SAME STORE! Last time, I just passed the tickets up and thought nothing of it.

This time, though, I just got a good feeling that I needed to take them...and I did. It was $10 worth of MM's tickets for tonight's draw. If it's my time, GREAT! If it's not, then no love lost and no hurt feelings. However, I had an obligation to entertain the re-occurrence of events "just in case". The good part about the deal is that I saved the clerk from having to come out of her pocket for the misprints. I'm feelin' pretty good right now.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Elgin, IL
            United States
            Member #93542
            July 2, 2010
            318 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2012, 2:50 am - IP Logged

I never had any luck with mistake tickets. I've read many stories about people winning big with them, but it never happened to me.  I still accept them because you never know.

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: September 27, 2012, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

It would be a "mistake", to not accept a "mistake" ticket.  Please do not make this "mistake".  No No

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19967 Posts
                Posted: September 29, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

It would be a "mistake", to not accept a "mistake" ticket.  Please do not make this "mistake".  No No

I Agree!

Patriot

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #94283
                  July 17, 2010
                  2284 Posts
                  Posted: September 29, 2012, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I used to be offered mistake tickets all the time.  Then that store got a new manager and cashiers and now there are a lot less.  In fact, I'd say they're now rare.  I never won a thing off of the ones I bought.

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #132455
                    September 4, 2012
                    483 Posts
                    Posted: September 30, 2012, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Mistakes are unavoidable.  Who knows, that "mistake"will give you thousands of bucks...