Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

And now time for some frivolity: JP winners 'toys'

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2012, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

That's nice to know that people buy stuffs they want after hitting a jackpot.  Though, there are issues on what they bought and how much they spent.  Some bought stuffs that are merely for decorative puposes, while some buy stuffs that are helpful companion.  No matter what they're into, jackpot winners should still consider the fact that they must learn to value the money they have received as prize for the winning lottery ticket.

jamella724,

The theme of the tread is frivolity, have a little fun.

Relative to the amount of an average jackpot, which is multi-millions the cost of the stuff being mentioned here is chump change.

Ever notice that your junk is stuff and other people's stuff is junk?

George Carlin

mcginnin56,

I can't wait to see what else you post in this thread!

billionaire2bee,

I'd have to add about a dozen of those Spetznatz spring-loaded knives.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2012, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

This is a personal jet pack made by a New Zealand based company, Martin Aviation. Retails for around $100K

No flying license is required, only a company provided and mandated lesson. Top speed of 63 MPH, range 30 miles. Has a 5 gallon fuel capacity.

Could potentially reach an altitude of 25,000 feet, but breathing would be very difficult and air temps would be freezing.

Every new lottery winner deserves to have one of these to blast off in!  Banana

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2657 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2012, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

This is a personal jet pack made by a New Zealand based company, Martin Aviation. Retails for around $100K

No flying license is required, only a company provided and mandated lesson. Top speed of 63 MPH, range 30 miles. Has a 5 gallon fuel capacity.

Could potentially reach an altitude of 25,000 feet, but breathing would be very difficult and air temps would be freezing.

Every new lottery winner deserves to have one of these to blast off in!  Banana

Type  now that looks like fun ...... martin jetpack

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2012, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Spring-loaded knives hmmm didn't think of knives thanks Coin-toss...ooooh how how bout that exploding navy seal shark knife...now that's a weapon!!!!!

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2012, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Somehow I don't think the energy absorbing undercarriage would absorb much energy if impacted.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2012, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Somehow I don't think the energy absorbing undercarriage would absorb much energy if impacted.

The idea is to not be screaming out of the sky and impact the ground at 300 MPH.

Of course it goes without saying, fly at your own risk. That being said, how about trying some inside loops over the Empire state building?   Yes Nod

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2012, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Spring-loaded knives hmmm didn't think of knives thanks Coin-toss...ooooh how how bout that exploding navy seal shark knife...now that's a weapon!!!!!

billionaire2bee,

A while back the Military Channel ran a series comparing all the elite forces around the world.

It came down to US Army Special Forces (gee, your location makes me think you're a wee bit familiar with this) and Spetznatz. The Russians won based on these knives.

If in a "hands up" situation they would put their hands up with the knife in one hand, then turn their wrist down, point the knife, hit a release, and the spring loaded blade would fly out like a crossbow bolt. Dang!

____________________________________________________________________

mcginnin56

Now that jet pack is a neat toy!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                Republic of Texas
                United States
                Member #57557
                January 9, 2008
                1095 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2012, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

billionaire2bee,

A while back the Military Channel ran a series comparing all the elite forces around the world.

It came down to US Army Special Forces (gee, your location makes me think you're a wee bit familiar with this) and Spetznatz. The Russians won based on these knives.

If in a "hands up" situation they would put their hands up with the knife in one hand, then turn their wrist down, point the knife, hit a release, and the spring loaded blade would fly out like a crossbow bolt. Dang!

____________________________________________________________________

mcginnin56

Now that jet pack is a neat toy!

I'll take one.. or more. One for each purse, one for each car. Where do I get one?  Blue Angel

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2012, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Wee yes...... Im from the home of the Special forces but was never a member....and I learn new things everyday....like the Spetnatz knife...thank you AGAIN for that information...what's the range on that btw cause Im sure my AA-12 would make hamburger out of the guy holding it and yeah I could still get a shot off...Silly Russians bringing knives to a gun fight.....

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10348 Posts
                    Posted: September 13, 2012, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Piaceri,

Not sure they can be had in the US, that's why I put them here.

billionaire2bee,

In the situation shown the guys with the knives had AKs pointed at them. Granted it was a traning film but these guys were like lightning.

Lep

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                      NY
                      United States
                      Member #121961
                      January 21, 2012
                      3157 Posts
                      Posted: September 13, 2012, 1:41 am - IP Logged

The idea is to not be screaming out of the sky and impact the ground at 300 MPH.

Of course it goes without saying, fly at your own risk. That being said, how about trying some inside loops over the Empire state building?   Yes Nod

I don't think the Ape would let your do that.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: September 13, 2012, 4:36 am - IP Logged

I don't think the Ape would let your do that.

Yes Nod     Would have to keep an eye out for ol' Kong and his monkey tricks.   

United States
                          Member #130815
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: September 13, 2012, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Ahhhh training film...so no one was hit by the spring knives huh...I'm still putting my money on the gun...Anyway what's that old saying? "Faster than a speeding bullet"....i think it refers to Superman...and everyone knows he dead...

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: September 13, 2012, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

Ahhhh training film...so no one was hit by the spring knives huh...I'm still putting my money on the gun...Anyway what's that old saying? "Faster than a speeding bullet"....i think it refers to Superman...and everyone knows he dead...

I beg to differ!!!   Mad