Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

depositing check

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 4 years ago by kyokushin187.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2012, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Right, I have given them ckecks and they take 3 weeks to deposit the stupid thing.

kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
    cornwall,ct
    United States
    Member #102636
    December 23, 2010
    245 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2012, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

If you are financing the car they will likely let you drive away. But if you are paying full price with a check they will likely want to verify the funds or even take the funds electronically.

So if you show them the bank deposit slip and the ticket that should be enough. And if i had enough to pay cash i sure ad heck wouldnt want to finance. And with the way the economy is i would hope that they would jump to sell a car cash vs finance.

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

cornwall,ct
      United States
      Member #102636
      December 23, 2010
      245 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2012, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Which lottery did you win that all that loot kyok?

Personally I would just stuff the cash in three different mattresses. Plus you will sleep so much better resting on all those benjamin's!  Bed

When you won mcginn how long did it take for your funds to be available?

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2012, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

When you won mcginn how long did it take for your funds to be available?

When I won a second prize (200K) for Powerball in "07", they gave me a lottery check for $150K (after taxes), that was drawn on the same bank

which I already had. Because of that, the funds were available the very next day.

If it was a different bank, usually 2-3 business days is the most you'd have to wait before clearing.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2012, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

When I won a second prize (200K) for Powerball in "07", they gave me a lottery check for $150K (after taxes), that was drawn on the same bank

which I already had. Because of that, the funds were available the very next day.

If it was a different bank, usually 2-3 business days is the most you'd have to wait before clearing.

Nice to have the same bank as the lottery.... Comes in handy for cashing those big checks.... lol. lol.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2012, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Nice to have the same bank as the lottery.... Comes in handy for cashing those big checks.... lol. lol.

What's funny is since then, NH lottery has switched banks from Citizens to TD bank, which is the same bank I switched to last year.

That came in handy, when cashing a pick 4 check a few months ago for $2500.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2012, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

What's funny is since then, NH lottery has switched banks from Citizens to TD bank, which is the same bank I switched to last year.

That came in handy, when cashing a pick 4 check a few months ago for $2500.

Great minds think alike mcginnin56.

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2012, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm assuming that taxes had already been taken out...and I think you only need that FDIC insurance if the bank goes under or is robbed for more assets that it has on hand or in holding...When was the last time anybody needing that...Bank of America got bailed out...my bank Wachovia got bailed out which doesn't exist anymore is now Wells Fargo..I think they got bailed out...so put your money in a bank that's too big to fail  and you don't have to worry about FDIC insurance

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2012, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

So if you show them the bank deposit slip and the ticket that should be enough. And if i had enough to pay cash i sure ad heck wouldnt want to finance. And with the way the economy is i would hope that they would jump to sell a car cash vs finance.

Not really, I workerd in auto sales for a while,

and they also make money on the financeing

If you want them to jump at the chance, pay the sticker price.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: September 12, 2012, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

When I bought my pick-up I wrote a check for it and the salesman tried to convince me that I would be ahead leaving my money in the bank and making a loan. I told him I couldn't see leaving my money in the bank earning 1% interest when I would have to pay 10% interest to the bank for loaning me my own money.  I later learned the salesmen/dealership got a kick back from the banks for any loans they bought them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: September 12, 2012, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Not really, I workerd in auto sales for a while,

and they also make money on the financeing

If you want them to jump at the chance, pay the sticker price.

If you really want to get them drooling, pay thousands over the MSRP.

That would be the equivalent of bending over, and saying "take me" I'm all yours.  Hyper

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                        Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: September 12, 2012, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Not yet mcginn.but i fell my time is comming.got 5 of 6 on classic lotto in july. And then 4 of 6 in the same game friday so i'm guess i'm just thinkin ahead.but i always wondered how you would deposit a check over 250k.the maximum insured amount by the fdic

I'm curious whether you won by playing your all time numbers or just a quick pick. If its a quick pick, was it just one ticket or do you buy more than 5..

Disregard the question if you feel I'm invading your privacy. I think you're very lucky

That money's gone fo ever

cornwall,ct
                          United States
                          Member #102636
                          December 23, 2010
                          245 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2012, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm curious whether you won by playing your all time numbers or just a quick pick. If its a quick pick, was it just one ticket or do you buy more than 5..

Disregard the question if you feel I'm invading your privacy. I think you're very lucky

Ur not invading at all.i have a set of numbers i play on advance action that are my picks and quick picks also. The two times i won were the self picks.

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"