Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 10:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I bought my Powerball tickets in Iowa, why didn't I win?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Original Bey.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2012, 11:48 am - IP Logged

I drove up to Iowa to buy Powerball tickets for last nights drawing.  I only matched 4 white balls.  Why didn't I win the jackpot?  I thought for sure I'd win if I bought in Iowa.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2012, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

You better discuss this with Pattel. GL!

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
      NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      12118 Posts
      Posted: September 30, 2012, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

I drove up to Iowa to buy Powerball tickets for last nights drawing.  I only matched 4 white balls.  Why didn't I win the jackpot?  I thought for sure I'd win if I bought in Iowa.

The lottery did not pick one of your combinations as the jackpot winner. lol

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: September 30, 2012, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

In the first place you needed to play the 8 ball which I said would hit in the next few draws. But other than that a rumour is going around that you need to be real ugly to win a JP. We are talkin butt ugly here.

You must not qualify... What?

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          12118 Posts
          Posted: September 30, 2012, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

In the first place you needed to play the 8 ball which I said would hit in the next few draws. But other than that a rumour is going around that you need to be real ugly to win a JP. We are talkin butt ugly here.

You must not qualify... What?

Some lottery players have gotten surgery done to look like a horse ass in order to qualify. I haven't done it yet.lol

US Flag

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: September 30, 2012, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear about your bad fortune.

It is unbelievable that you only hit for four numbers. Like a good fisherman who throws back the small ones, hopefully you donated the small

morsels you won to a good charity.

Next time try New York, then California. When you hit the jackpot, let us know what state it was from.

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              12118 Posts
              Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

I would never spend my lottery dollars on another state. Jimmy freeman played the lottery for years in Massachusetts and he won.The only problem is that he can barely cross the streets by himself.He improved his odds of winning the powerball by not traveling too far to buy his tickets. Maybe he was afraid of being hit by a meteor.lol

US Flag

United States
                Member #128373
                May 22, 2012
                201 Posts
                Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Four white balls should be an accomplishment.  Many people match one or two white balls, which doesn't win anything.  Four match wins $150.

The lottery is NOT a tax on the poor.  By calling it a tax, you are calling it mandatory, which is what taxes are.  But the lottery is NOT mandatory, therefore calling it a tax highly inaccurate.

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Four white balls should be an accomplishment.  Many people match one or two white balls, which doesn't win anything.  Four match wins $150.

Trouble is you can't retire and live the good life on $150. At least some people can't. I could probably do it on $500, if invested properly.  Thumbs Up

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19904 Posts
                    Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

You felt entitled to win and you didn't do what it takes to win and that is pick the winning numbers.  I'm sure you weren't the only player to feel that way, there seem to be more Americans feeling that way every day and they usually blame it on the government.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

You felt entitled to win and you didn't do what it takes to win and that is pick the winning numbers.  I'm sure you weren't the only player to feel that way, there seem to be more Americans feeling that way every day and they usually blame it on the government.

Yeah why doesn't Obama guarantee everyone who plays the lottery, can be a big jackpot winner?

We need a new president who is more sympathetic to us lottery losers. Were entitled, dam it!  Cussing Face

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        12118 Posts
                        Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Yeah why doesn't Obama guarantee everyone who plays the lottery, can be a big jackpot winner?

We need a new president who is more sympathetic to us lottery losers. Were entitled, dam it!  Cussing Face

Do not worry mc. I will become the USA president someday. We will work together by sharing resources for the common good of the aliens race.lol

US Flag

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Do not worry mc. I will become the USA president someday. We will work together by sharing resources for the common good of the aliens race.lol

You must be running as an independent. Based on your personal pledges, and love of the alien races, I for one will cast my vote for you.  Patriot

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            12118 Posts
                            Posted: September 30, 2012, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

You must be running as an independent. Based on your personal pledges, and love of the alien races, I for one will cast my vote for you.  Patriot

Mc, I might have some financial backing from the Catholic church. The Vatican published something where they said that they believe in the existence of aliens. I need to be adopted by the aliens first in order to become the USA president.I wonder if I would rule the world from planet earth from the aliens planet. lol.

There is so much trouble in the world today that I would rather pursuit my lottery dreams.

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: September 30, 2012, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

You didn't win the jackpot cuz there was no jackpot winner.

You would have won the second prize though if you had driven to  Connecticut, Florida,
                              Louisiana, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas or Virginia.

So do that next time.