Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I bought my Powerball tickets in Iowa, why didn't I win?

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Original Bey.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11979 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2012, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

You didn't win the jackpot cuz there was no jackpot winner.

You would have won the second prize though if you had driven to  Connecticut, Florida,
Louisiana, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas or Virginia.

So do that next time.

lol, lol, lol. You are a funny man ridge road runner AkA Rick Rubin.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11979 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2012, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I drove up to Iowa to buy Powerball tickets for last nights drawing.  I only matched 4 white balls.  Why didn't I win the jackpot?  I thought for sure I'd win if I bought in Iowa.

Buying more lottery tickets in the lottery retailers closer to your house will increase your chances of winning the MM and PB. It is like having a time travel machine. Did I say time travel?

I am more serious than Jerry Seinfeld when I say this.

US Flag

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: October 2, 2012, 11:03 am - IP Logged

I drove up to Iowa to buy Powerball tickets for last nights drawing.  I only matched 4 white balls.  Why didn't I win the jackpot?  I thought for sure I'd win if I bought in Iowa.

When you cross the state line and see the sign that says Welcome to Iowa you are suppossed to pull over, get out of your car, cup your hands over your mouth, and shout,

SOOOOEEEEEE       HERE PIG         PIG PIG PIG

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19826 Posts
        Posted: October 2, 2012, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Buying more lottery tickets in the lottery retailers closer to your house will increase your chances of winning the MM and PB. It is like having a time travel machine. Did I say time travel?

I am more serious than Jerry Seinfeld when I say this.

I Agree!Traveling farther away to buy tickets just waste money for fuel that could be used to buy more tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3157 Posts
          Posted: October 2, 2012, 11:21 am - IP Logged

You did'nt win because the white balls were on different lines. Only Mirlande can win like that. You also need to be a farmer so plant some corn to increase your chances.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
            East of Columbus, OH
            United States
            Member #120843
            December 28, 2011
            451 Posts
            Posted: October 2, 2012, 11:28 am - IP Logged

I'm seeing a lot of sarcasm in the responses contained in this thread and no one is really addressing the complaint posed by the OP. 

jj, it appears to me that the Iowa Lottery has made a grievous error.  I believe that you were supposed to win and they failed to draw the numbers that matched the ones on your ticket.  I suggest that you go to their HQ and file a complaint.  If that does not work, the Powerball HQ is also in Iowa.

Powerball contact info: http://www.powerball.com/pb_contact.asp

Iowa Lottery contact info: http://www.ialottery.com/ContactUs/LotteryOfficeLocations.asp

I support your efforts to right this wrong.  Good Luck!!

Thumbs Up

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: October 2, 2012, 11:48 am - IP Logged

I'm seeing a lot of sarcasm in the responses contained in this thread and no one is really addressing the complaint posed by the OP. 

jj, it appears to me that the Iowa Lottery has made a grievous error.  I believe that you were supposed to win and they failed to draw the numbers that matched the ones on your ticket.  I suggest that you go to their HQ and file a complaint.  If that does not work, the Powerball HQ is also in Iowa.

Powerball contact info: http://www.powerball.com/pb_contact.asp

Iowa Lottery contact info: http://www.ialottery.com/ContactUs/LotteryOfficeLocations.asp

I support your efforts to right this wrong.  Good Luck!!

Thumbs Up

That has been tried and failed before.  The numbers posted as winners are the only official winning numbers.

Evil Looking       

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                Member #133462
                September 30, 2012
                5946 Posts
                Posted: October 2, 2012, 11:49 am - IP Logged

You were supposed to tip the clerk an ear of corn. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. He knew you were from out of state and didn't qualify for the secret program.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11979 Posts
                  Posted: October 2, 2012, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Traveling farther away to buy tickets just waste money for fuel that could be used to buy more tickets.

Winning the lottery is a numbers game, although I have tried to minimize my spending by using mind over matter techniques.

Buying more tickets increases your chances of winning.You can also spend a life time buying tickets and never win.

I wonder how much time have we, lottery players wasted playing the lottery?

Time is Money.

US Flag

Bahamas
                    Member #133462
                    September 30, 2012
                    5946 Posts
                    Posted: October 2, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery is a numbers game, although I have tried to minimize my spending by using mind over matter techniques.

Buying more tickets increases your chances of winning.You can also spend a life time buying tickets and never win.

I wonder how much time have we, lottery players wasted playing the lottery?

Time is Money.

I am on to you Thrifty!

Trying to talk us goons into building this jackpot to your magic number so you can SWOOP in and badda bing badda boom win and take all.

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11979 Posts
                      Posted: October 2, 2012, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

That has been tried and failed before.  The numbers posted as winners are the only official winning numbers.

I feel that it is insane going to another state to play MM and PB when you can play these games in your state.I understand that it is frustrating playing the lottery in a state where a lottery jackpot is rarely won.

You have the choice of playing for a second prize or quit playing all together. You can also play a single line per drawing.

Play less often for less lines= buy a single line monthly. It is okay to dream.

US Flag

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11979 Posts
                        Posted: October 2, 2012, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I am on to you Thrifty!

Trying to talk us goons into building this jackpot to your magic number so you can SWOOP in and badda bing badda boom win and take all.

Which powerball jackpot is enough for thrifty to retire $40M, $50M, $60M, $70M, $80M, $90M, $100M etc.?

These powerball jackpots build up so fast by increasing $10M per drawing that I am running out of money to play. It isn't bad to dream about winning $40M on powerball for $2.

Are you playing powerball? I might win any jackpot amount over $40M someday. lol, lol, lol

US Flag

Bahamas
                          Member #133462
                          September 30, 2012
                          5946 Posts
                          Posted: October 2, 2012, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Which powerball jackpot is enough for thrifty to retire $40M, $50M, $60M, $70M, $80M, $90M, $100M etc.?

These powerball jackpots build up so fast by increasing $10M per drawing that I am running out of money to play. It isn't bad to dream about winning $40M on powerball for $2.

Are you playing powerball? I might win any jackpot amount over $40M someday. lol, lol, lol

SOMEDAY...Good cover! lol

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11979 Posts
                            Posted: October 2, 2012, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

SOMEDAY...Good cover! lol

I do not play powerball on every drawing, but any powerball jackpot amount will do it for me. I start playing mega millions when it goes over $40M. lol, lol

US Flag

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19826 Posts
                              Posted: October 2, 2012, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

I feel that it is insane going to another state to play MM and PB when you can play these games in your state.I understand that it is frustrating playing the lottery in a state where a lottery jackpot is rarely won.

You have the choice of playing for a second prize or quit playing all together. You can also play a single line per drawing.

Play less often for less lines= buy a single line monthly. It is okay to dream.

Those folk feel that where you play counts more than what you play.

Evil Looking