Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has Todd won the Lottery?

Topic closed. 77 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Artist77.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11979 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2012, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

To keep asking the same question after being provided with an answer, would be considered a Mental Disease, yes.     Yes Nod

I WILL PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY TO AVOID THE LOTTERY INSANITY. IT IS OKAY TO DREAM.

ALL YOU NEED IS A LOTTERY TICKET AND A DREAM.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: October 2, 2012, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

I WILL PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY TO AVOID THE LOTTERY INSANITY. IT IS OKAY TO DREAM.

ALL YOU NEED IS A LOTTERY TICKET AND A DREAM.

It's okay to WAKE UP

"Everything works  ONCE!"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19840 Posts
      Posted: October 2, 2012, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

I was just about to helpYOUwin. Ahhh forget about it. Go beg Mirlande for some of her stash.

i think i got it, but thanks anyways Hyper

Let it Snow Snowman

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4792 Posts
        Posted: October 2, 2012, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

I think Todd had a vision and a goal and followed through!

J'aime La France.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5121 Posts
          Posted: October 2, 2012, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Think about it seriously. This is the most expansive and detailed and complex and sophisticated lottery website in the world and most of the features are available for FREE. Who does that? I think this is his secret charity initiative to help fellow players achieve what he already has!

Thoughts?

Think about it seriously ^^^ Hiding Behind ComputerDanceLeavingPuke

Todd invented the Lottery Post!!!!!

Jack-in-the-Box

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
            Beautiful Florida
            United States
            Member #5709
            July 18, 2004
            20117 Posts
            Posted: October 2, 2012, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

This Lottery site commonly known as LP is a true piece of ingenuity by a ingenious person.

Todd reveals his true character in his site and it shows, or we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we...?

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
              Member #133462
              September 30, 2012
              5946 Posts
              Posted: October 2, 2012, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

This Lottery site commonly known as LP is a true piece of ingenuity by a ingenious person.

Todd reveals his true character in his site and it shows, or we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we...?

I Agree!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                East of Columbus, OH
                United States
                Member #120843
                December 28, 2011
                451 Posts
                Posted: October 3, 2012, 7:44 am - IP Logged

I sincerely hope that Todd has won the lottery.  However, there are many websites that are just as nice as this that are dedicated to guns, cars, campers, tractors, tattoos, etc that are free as well.  My point is that it can be done without having a boatload of cash on hand.  But I'm sure the cash wouldn't hurt. ;)

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23267 Posts
                  Posted: October 3, 2012, 8:05 am - IP Logged

Interesting theory.  No, I have not won the lottery.

This site and USA Mega (and some others) were founded and created by me starting in 1999 (13 years ago), opening in 2000.  I created them at night, while during the day I worked as a technology consultant.

I decided to create the web sites because at the time there was very little reliable information on the Internet about lotteries.  The use of technology on the sites that did exist was very poor, and much of what existed was "scammy".  (Sadly, I guess not much has changed in that department.)

I had no previous knowledge how to do this kind of thing, no advice from anyone, and there was nothing out there to copy or model anything on.  I basically dreamed up in my head how it should work and how people would use it.

You have to be very driven and self-motivated over a very long stretch of time to make something like this happen.  Everyone has seen a multitude of web sites get started and disappear over the years.  That's because most people look at sites like Lottery Post and not realize the magnatude of effort over the course of many years that goes into it.  It becomes overwhelming -- unless you are expecting it and you WANT to take on the huge effort for the long stretch.

The other thing that becomes necessary is developing a thick skin to the constant barrage of negativity that comes your way.  You realize that no matter how hard you try to please people, there will always be a certain group of people that basically say "you suck", or people that write nice things to you and then talk trash behind your back, or people who hate every single time you make any changes.  You learn to separate "pure negativity" from actual useful negative feedback, and you learn to greatly appreciate when people take a moment from their day to share some kind words, just because the site has helped them in some way.

As someone earlier had mentioned, in 2007 I put together a brief history of Lottery Post including some screen captures showing the progress.  It is available here.  (You can also find it by clicking my name and then selecting "See Todd's shared favorites" in the popup menu; it is under Favorite Blog Entries.)

But that was done in 2007, and in the 5 years since that point the site has changed a great deal more -- so much that the last snapshot in that article is not very recognizable.

Technology has changed greatly since 1999, and the way people use the Internet has also changed with more people using mobile devices and tablets to browse the Web.  So Lottery Post will indeed continue changing and adapting.

With regard to the initial question "Has Todd won the Lottery?":  not only did I NOT win the lottery, but unfortunately since I started I have a lot less opportunity to even play the lottery.  I guess that may be another reason why many who start lottery sites don't last very long.  It takes so much time to do this stuff that you basically sacrifice your own ability to participate in a meaningful way.

I hope this answers the questions raised here.  I very much appreciate the nice comments made by some!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: October 3, 2012, 8:19 am - IP Logged

Interesting theory.  No, I have not won the lottery.

This site and USA Mega (and some others) were founded and created by me starting in 1999 (13 years ago), opening in 2000.  I created them at night, while during the day I worked as a technology consultant.

I decided to create the web sites because at the time there was very little reliable information on the Internet about lotteries.  The use of technology on the sites that did exist was very poor, and much of what existed was "scammy".  (Sadly, I guess not much has changed in that department.)

I had no previous knowledge how to do this kind of thing, no advice from anyone, and there was nothing out there to copy or model anything on.  I basically dreamed up in my head how it should work and how people would use it.

You have to be very driven and self-motivated over a very long stretch of time to make something like this happen.  Everyone has seen a multitude of web sites get started and disappear over the years.  That's because most people look at sites like Lottery Post and not realize the magnatude of effort over the course of many years that goes into it.  It becomes overwhelming -- unless you are expecting it and you WANT to take on the huge effort for the long stretch.

The other thing that becomes necessary is developing a thick skin to the constant barrage of negativity that comes your way.  You realize that no matter how hard you try to please people, there will always be a certain group of people that basically say "you suck", or people that write nice things to you and then talk trash behind your back, or people who hate every single time you make any changes.  You learn to separate "pure negativity" from actual useful negative feedback, and you learn to greatly appreciate when people take a moment from their day to share some kind words, just because the site has helped them in some way.

As someone earlier had mentioned, in 2007 I put together a brief history of Lottery Post including some screen captures showing the progress.  It is available here.  (You can also find it by clicking my name and then selecting "See Todd's shared favorites" in the popup menu; it is under Favorite Blog Entries.)

But that was done in 2007, and in the 5 years since that point the site has changed a great deal more -- so much that the last snapshot in that article is not very recognizable.

Technology has changed greatly since 1999, and the way people use the Internet has also changed with more people using mobile devices and tablets to browse the Web.  So Lottery Post will indeed continue changing and adapting.

With regard to the initial question "Has Todd won the Lottery?":  not only did I NOT win the lottery, but unfortunately since I started I have a lot less opportunity to even play the lottery.  I guess that may be another reason why many who start lottery sites don't last very long.  It takes so much time to do this stuff that you basically sacrifice your own ability to participate in a meaningful way.

I hope this answers the questions raised here.  I very much appreciate the nice comments made by some!

I have a solution for not having the time to play the lottery Todd.

Jot down your favorite or system generated numbers, and get a season pass. Everything is now on auto-pilot.

While your sleeping, cruising in your vette, or hard at work tinkering with LP, you may just win the lottery!  Lep

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                      Member #52345
                      May 21, 2007
                      2659 Posts
                      Posted: October 3, 2012, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Jot down your favorite or system generated numbers, and get a season pass. Everything is now on auto-pilot.

While your sleeping, cruising in your vette, or hard at work tinkering with LP, you may just win the lottery!  Lep

Green laugh

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23267 Posts
                        Posted: October 3, 2012, 9:45 am - IP Logged

Buying a "season pass" is good for casual players who don't have a system and/or wheels they are playing.  Not really good for a serious player.  A knowledgeable gambler would not wager and play the same way every time.

Apparently hearsetrax found your comment absolutely hilarious, but I'm having trouble seeing it.  Maybe because I'm taking this topic seriously?

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: October 3, 2012, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Buying a "season pass" is good for casual players who don't have a system and/or wheels they are playing.  Not really good for a serious player.  A knowledgeable gambler would not wager and play the same way every time.

Apparently hearsetrax found your comment absolutely hilarious, but I'm having trouble seeing it.  Maybe because I'm taking this topic seriously?

Just a thought for someone with no time on their hands. I take it that "serious players" would probably never win on a season pass?

Hearsetrax is simply a horse of a different color, and much like a fine wine, is a taste that must be acquired. Get serious hearse!  No No

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23267 Posts
                            Posted: October 3, 2012, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Just a thought for someone with no time on their hands. I take it that "serious players" would probably never win on a season pass?

Hearsetrax is simply a horse of a different color, and much like a fine wine, is a taste that must be acquired. Get serious hearse!  No No

No, you are changing the meaning of what I said.  Frankly I'd rather not have a verbal joist with you, thanks.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: October 3, 2012, 10:58 am - IP Logged

I actually quite literally agree on this point Todd. I have come to respect and appreciate the wheeling resources made available here at LP........ 

I have found that with the use of a wheel, a group of lines can be reduced by 97% and still retain a 1 in 5 chance of holding the winning combination. (someone else do the math please. lol. lol.)