Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your Lottery Career

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 4 years ago by WaLottoDude.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How Long have you been playing the Lottery?

Less than a year [ 9 ]  [9.28%]
1-2 years [ 6 ]  [6.19%]
3-5 years [ 7 ]  [7.22%]
5-9 years [ 13 ]  [13.40%]
10-15 years [ 13 ]  [13.40%]
Since it's inception in my state [ 23 ]  [23.71%]
So long I can't remember [ 16 ]  [16.49%]
Other [ 10 ]  [10.31%]
Total Valid Votes [ 97 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
Member #133462
September 30, 2012
5946 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2012, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

One of the things I always look out for in winner's story is how long the pool, couple or individual has been playing the lottery. Sometimes the Lady endow us with "beginner's luck" and other times rewards us for our long term commitment. So tell us, how long have you been in?

What got you started?

Comments welcomed.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: October 12, 2012, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

I picked other, been playing since 73 except when living in no lottery states.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: October 12, 2012, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

I walked around gathering signatures before its inception, so AZ could has a lottery!!

United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2012, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

I walked around gathering signatures before its inception, so AZ could has a lottery!!

When did AZ start ?

Did they start w/scratchers like most places ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
          Member #122468
          February 1, 2012
          530 Posts
          Posted: October 12, 2012, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

One of the things I always look out for in winner's story is how long the pool, couple or individual has been playing the lottery. Sometimes the Lady endow us with "beginner's luck" and other times rewards us for our long term commitment. So tell us, how long have you been in?

What got you started?

Comments welcomed.

I've been playing for almost 3 years consistently but prior to that only played the Mega Millions when it would get over 100 million. The reason 3 years ago I started playing more regularly was because I was hoping for a miracle win to pay for my daughter's college education (well that never happened, lol).

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
            East of Columbus, OH
            United States
            Member #120843
            December 28, 2011
            451 Posts
            Posted: October 12, 2012, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Started playing in about 1989 with the Ohio Lottery.  I have never been much of a pick 3 or pick 4 kind of person.  Over the years I have tracked the pick 6 game off and on, but a lack of success usually leads me to stop tracking and give it up as hopeless.  This last year of so, I have really enjoyed tracking the Classic Lottery and while I haven't had much success, it has been a nice experience.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
              Mcminnville, Oregon
              United States
              Member #3013
              December 13, 2003
              3052 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2012, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing since 1996.  Waiting patiently and I am not bitter about it either.  Just saying.-weshar75

US Flag

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2012, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

My first time playing the lottery was in Germany in the early 1970's, the Hessen Lotto. Neat game, was a 6/49 with the Zuzahtspielen - exrtra play bonus ball. If you had 5 of 6 and the Zuzahtspielen # you got paid a loit more than 5 of 6 did.

Didn't get to play again until living in Vegas and going to California to play in the late 1980's, - Nipton, pre-Primm. Have lived in a lottery state ever since then - Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri, and Illinois.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2012, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

My first time playing the lottery was in Germany in the early 1970's, the Hessen Lotto. Neat game, was a 6/49 with the Zuzahtspielen - exrtra play bonus ball. If you had 5 of 6 and the Zuzahtspielen # you got paid a loit more than 5 of 6 did.

Didn't get to play again until living in Vegas and going to California to play in the late 1980's, - Nipton, pre-Primm. Have lived in a lottery state ever since then - Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri, and Illinois.

Cointoss,

I think you lived in more places than me.

Nipton, LOL

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: October 12, 2012, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Just started playing.

I think I'm hooked! 

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: October 12, 2012, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

What got you started?

Comments welcomed.

NC didnt get the lottery til 06...but the very first time I played...I bought two scratch-offs and won 40 dollars driving thru Va...and mailed in my tickets and got a check for 40 bucks sent to me....I was hooked Cool

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        5603 Posts
                        Posted: October 12, 2012, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

I started playing in Ohio sometime in the 1980's, sometime.... too long ago.....

I got 5 out of 6 on the lotto, can't remember what it was called. But it paid $998. That I do remember. I think the jackpot at that time was $250,000.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Japan
                          Member #131605
                          August 14, 2012
                          372 Posts
                          Posted: October 13, 2012, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Never gave a thought on the Lottery really. I remember being in school and every so often my father would get a ticket say something like man "70Million I can quit work and be set and you guys to." Though honestly I can only think of two times I saw him get a Florida Lotto ticket. Lol.

Living in Japan but went home to florida around june and july 2012 and...my grandfather got his routine $30,000 scratch off and I just noticed the Powerball logo with the Jackpot and said what the hell an got 20. So been playing off an on for about 1 month. Been back in Japan since August so can't play. Although....I'm gonna start playing Loto 6. Cool

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19828 Posts
                            Posted: October 13, 2012, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Never gave a thought on the Lottery really. I remember being in school and every so often my father would get a ticket say something like man "70Million I can quit work and be set and you guys to." Though honestly I can only think of two times I saw him get a Florida Lotto ticket. Lol.

Living in Japan but went home to florida around june and july 2012 and...my grandfather got his routine $30,000 scratch off and I just noticed the Powerball logo with the Jackpot and said what the hell an got 20. So been playing off an on for about 1 month. Been back in Japan since August so can't play. Although....I'm gonna start playing Loto 6. Cool

You could send money and numbers to the kin folks and ask them to buy tickets for you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

TaKe51021's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                              Levittown, NY
                              United States
                              Member #133800
                              October 9, 2012
                              31 Posts
                              Posted: October 13, 2012, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

For a couple months.

Take 5 kinda lured me in as bait and i've been hooked ever since, i'm captivated.

and these scratch off's are the icing on the cake,  I have a hint of addiction, lol.

a bad one you can say, i guess it depends on how you look at it.

I set myself a limit, and hopefully ill reach it soon, so i can stop.