Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Meeting of the Minds: President Wins PB-Mitt Romney Wins MM's!

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1654 Posts
Posted: October 15, 2012, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Sure, it's far fetched! But, let's entertain it a bit. The main objective here is to establish how people think financially in relation to our current economic state. We have the total amount of $161M to work with because, due to the winners in question, no taxes are taken...they receive the whole amount in their respective lump sums. However, they must put it all completely back into the economy.

Now, these are OUR monies that we've put in which they've won. Where in the economy would you like to see the money spent in order to "speed things up" as this is the general complaint. What area(s) need the most immediate attention?  I realize that $161M isn't any where close to a "world changer" but, it can definitely put a good dent into some area(s) of the economy and jump start something. Agree? I'd prefer to keep the thread constructive/positive towards the subject matter and respectable towards each other as well as the winners in questions.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: October 15, 2012, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

For when the lottery lines become excessively long, I would like to see this money spent on providing luxury massage chairs.

Preferably they should offer 3D heated massages, computer-phone- HDTV provisions, as well as a self-contained refreshment center.

This would be a welcome relief for the overworked, stressed out lottery players, who need to take a load of their feet.

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: October 15, 2012, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

For when the lottery lines become excessively long, I would like to see this money spent on providing luxury massage chairs.

Preferably they should offer 3D heated massages, computer-phone- HDTV provisions, as well as a self-contained refreshment center.

This would be a welcome relief for the overworked, stressed out lottery players, who need to take a load of their feet.

Thats a lot of chairs mcginnin!!! That would definately help the economy because you would need people to build those chairs and also need to build structures to store all those chairs, when the jackpots are measly.  Also the chairs should have wheels, so that when the line moves, you could move the chair without lifting the chairs. And the chairs should be motorized with joysticks.

I would like to see an investment into a new nationwide lottery network for the next big game which will be available in all 50 states, also in the virgin islands, puerto rico, and samoa.

This game will allow me the option of cost. So i could play a .25 bet, or a 1.00 bet depending on my desire, and the payout will be prorated accordingly.

With this network i would like the ability to play my games online from the comfort of my kingsized bed with plush pillows and silk linens.

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: October 15, 2012, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Thats a lot of chairs mcginnin!!! That would definately help the economy because you would need people to build those chairs and also need to build structures to store all those chairs, when the jackpots are measly.  Also the chairs should have wheels, so that when the line moves, you could move the chair without lifting the chairs. And the chairs should be motorized with joysticks.

I would like to see an investment into a new nationwide lottery network for the next big game which will be available in all 50 states, also in the virgin islands, puerto rico, and samoa.

This game will allow me the option of cost. So i could play a .25 bet, or a 1.00 bet depending on my desire, and the payout will be prorated accordingly.

With this network i would like the ability to play my games online from the comfort of my kingsized bed with plush pillows and silk linens.

Excellent suggestions Boner!  Yes Nod

Motorized with joysticks should be standard equipment.

Perhaps another enhancement could be an ejection seat for unruly players.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: October 15, 2012, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

We need more activities for people who are out of work........

Community centers

Overnight basketball courts

More light rails between malls

Better nutrition assistance

Low cost health care

Just to name a few.................

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: October 15, 2012, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Community centers

Low cost health care

Another activity might be a new job.

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: October 15, 2012, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Another activity might be a new job.

New Jobs are boring.  Especially when their only intention is to suck the soul out of the human being.

I would rather drink beer, smoke pot, and try to win the lottery, instead of having my soul sucked dry by the means of a nefarious corporation like Monsanto, or Halliburton, or Raytheon. 

I mean when did being a murderous, lying, stealing prick become so profitable?

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: October 15, 2012, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

New Jobs are boring.  Especially when their only intention is to suck the soul out of the human being.

I would rather drink beer, smoke pot, and try to win the lottery, instead of having my soul sucked dry by the means of a nefarious corporation like Monsanto, or Halliburton, or Raytheon. 

I mean when did being a murderous, lying, stealing prick become so profitable?

Yeah,

and the same goes for McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell...... The filthy rats.

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: October 15, 2012, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Yeah,

and the same goes for McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell...... The filthy rats.

Hey now.  I like Micky D McNuggets.

And i also like TB Steak fajitas.  But for some reason steak fajitas were removed from the menu.Crying

Filthy Rats!!

And I love whopper juniors.

Hey these corporation get a free pass because they tingle my tastebuds so.Lovies

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: October 15, 2012, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

I personally like the EKV that Raytheon serves...........

It can stop a high speed balistic missile warhead in mid-flight.

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/ekv/

Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86154
                      January 30, 2010
                      1654 Posts
                      Posted: October 15, 2012, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Okay, from a lottery-based perspective, I can see where all things online are needed. The current system is way out dated, and, inconvenient. I suppose there are some who enjoy going to the store to run their tickets, but with most households having computers and internet, they should take advantage of the latest technologies. Convenience, privacy, and safety are the latest and future trends.

On at least half a dozen occasions, I've witnessed customers being turned down because they have no cash to pay for tickets...only their debit cards. Really? Why haven't they implemented a debit system like everyone else for purchases? I mean, the system should only allow the purchase(s) if there's sufficient funds to cover the point of sale. Beyond that, I see no problem. This would allow them activate an online system by which players can both play and be credited for wins via account.

This wouldn't totally destroy the convenience stores either because all the "late", "last minute", and "on the way home" players that don't have cash can still stop and play. Seems a win-win to me. Maybe I'm missing something there...

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1654 Posts
                        Posted: October 15, 2012, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Community centers

Low cost health care

While I like everything else from an entertainment perspective, this is really what I was hoping for. Personally, I see where our unemployment centers need real help. They're very good with providing the insurance for those out of work, but I see where the same efforts and much stricter provisions- programs need to be developed and implemented to get people working. Become more interactive with the employers.

The present method of people only being required to call in, however often that may be, should be revised completely. The job contacts and tracking methods for the unemployed needs closer monitoring in order to help get people back working quicker so we have more going in than coming out. More people working means lower unemployment. I also agree that healthier people equals lower health care. Preventive and wellness check-ups only promote health.

Also, government sponsored programs (welfare) need a COMPLETE OVERHAUL to force those that are healthy and able-bodied to get a job...even two jobs. If those people aren't handicap/disabled then there's no reason to sit at home an draw a check or food stamps. This is for those out of work (temporarily-short term) and in transition to a job. It's being taken advantage of in its' fullest form.

Finally, those that are purposely avoiding child support for children brought into this world...a tracking system and mandatory program is needed to force them to work and pay support. These, to me, are just a few ideas that would jump start the economy by a very large number of working individuals. Just my .02.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
                          Member #130815
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: October 15, 2012, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Sure, it's far fetched! But, let's entertain it a bit. The main objective here is to establish how people think financially in relation to our current economic state. We have the total amount of $161M to work with because, due to the winners in question, no taxes are taken...they receive the whole amount in their respective lump sums. However, they must put it all completely back into the economy.

Now, these are OUR monies that we've put in which they've won. Where in the economy would you like to see the money spent in order to "speed things up" as this is the general complaint. What area(s) need the most immediate attention?  I realize that $161M isn't any where close to a "world changer" but, it can definitely put a good dent into some area(s) of the economy and jump start something. Agree? I'd prefer to keep the thread constructive/positive towards the subject matter and respectable towards each other as well as the winners in questions.

L.L.

Don't believe they need to win...... they've already won cause they already got ALL our money...and they're spending it like Leroy Fick LOL

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1654 Posts
                            Posted: October 15, 2012, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Don't believe they need to win...... they've already won cause they already got ALL our money...and they're spending it like Leroy Fick LOL

Yeah, this is true. It was purely hypothetical just to generate some constructive thoughts from the masses...an effort to see how much, if anything, people have in common. In all honesty, it's probably way too sensitive to be discussing, but I went out on a limb with it seeking common grounds. Hmmm, more people putting in than taking out...it genuinely seemed like a good , fundamental idea to me. Oh, well.

Thanks for the input, b2b. Take care!!

L.L. 

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1654 Posts
                              Posted: October 15, 2012, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Community centers

Low cost health care

Also, Ronnie, I'm in complete support of your idea for more activities for all the above. The entertainment I was referring to was lottery improvements suggested elsewhere. You know, I'm looking into obtaining the proper training to become an inspector for the food trucks in Houston. We have lots of trucks that go around and provide hot foods, which are very good. But, there aren't near enough inspectors to quality control on 'em.

You know, food temperature, cleanliness, storage, etc etc.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living