Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 10:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Meeting of the Minds: President Wins PB-Mitt Romney Wins MM's!

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2012, 12:16 am - IP Logged

There's been some good points made here but in reality, if this was the case:

Meeting of the Minds: President Wins PB-Mitt Romney Wins MM's!

Obama would send himself and his family on multiple around the world vacations, talk more of his friends into creating bogus "green" companies, and demand that Romney take his share and subsidise them to the tune of millions.

Wink

Seriously though, I think one of the best things that could happen would be to somehow stop hundreds of thousands of college seniors a year from fraduating and being eyeball deep in student loans.

Something between not letting colleges charge exorbitant tuitions and fees and gdetting employers to stop demanding college degrees for entry level jobs.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Texas
    United States
    Member #132455
    September 4, 2012
    483 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2012, 7:09 am - IP Logged

With these....

What could the next government do with people who are out of work???

Uhhmmm... let me guess... promise them the sun, the moon and the stars...

Let's just see and wait for these things to happen after the election.

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2012, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, this is true. It was purely hypothetical just to generate some constructive thoughts from the masses...an effort to see how much, if anything, people have in common. In all honesty, it's probably way too sensitive to be discussing, but I went out on a limb with it seeking common grounds. Hmmm, more people putting in than taking out...it genuinely seemed like a good , fundamental idea to me. Oh, well.

Thanks for the input, b2b. Take care!!

L.L. 

Ok Im sorry just reread your post ...So here goes my ideas......maybe use it for micro-loans for small businesses or small community college grant money....hmmmm is that what your talking about L.L.? Or am I still off? I think your right 161 million is not alot in Federal terms..but in state or local govt. I think it definetly would go alot futher....

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2012, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

Ok Im sorry just reread your post ...So here goes my ideas......maybe use it for micro-loans for small businesses or small community college grant money....hmmmm is that what your talking about L.L.? Or am I still off? I think your right 161 million is not alot in Federal terms..but in state or local govt. I think it definetly would go alot futher....

Lets take it a step further and set aside $300 billion and divide it evenly between those who filed a schedule C form on their taxes last year. If they can give it to the banks, they can give it to small business.