Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When playing scratch tickets do some people just go to many different locations to play?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 4 years ago by shyguitar.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2012, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Hello,

I'm wondering if some people go to many different locations when they buy their scratch tickets or just stay local only going to one or two different places. I tend to stay in my hometown but go to about 5  places but every now and then I wonder about taking a road trip through my state and just randomly stopping at different places to play. Gas money usually stops me from doing that but I'm contemplating taking a weekend day and just going to different towns hoping for better luck. Yes it's all random when it comes to winning. I've been good about staying on budget with buying tickets but feel like being less cautious and seeing what might happen by going to places I've never tried before in different towns in my state.  Have some people found that their luck changes somewhat when they go to places they have never played? I realize it's random but I feel like changing things up from my normal routine. Any thoughts of people's experiences doing that?

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2012, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

I've tried doing that road trip thing before in MA.

Went to 5 new locations in towns I've never been to before. As I remember I just about broke even.

Probably something you'd have to try several times, to get some idea of the payoff. I'm always up for anything new that might help my luck.  Lep

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2012, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Next time try buying 200-300 times as many tickets at each stop and see if it doesnt work out BETTER  What?

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2012, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Next time try buying 200-300 times as many tickets at each stop and see if it doesnt work out BETTER  What?

So instead of buying 500 tickets, buy 150,000 tickets. Brilliant concept.

For $20 scratchers, that would only run me $3 million dollars.

I'll try that method on my next road trip.

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: October 17, 2012, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I only buy 1 ticket when I go on a road trip, which is about once every 50 to 60 years. The first 3 tickets didn't win anything, so I'm hoping my next trip will.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: October 17, 2012, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

I'm wondering if some people go to many different locations when they buy their scratch tickets or just stay local only going to one or two different places. I tend to stay in my hometown but go to about 5  places but every now and then I wonder about taking a road trip through my state and just randomly stopping at different places to play. Gas money usually stops me from doing that but I'm contemplating taking a weekend day and just going to different towns hoping for better luck. Yes it's all random when it comes to winning. I've been good about staying on budget with buying tickets but feel like being less cautious and seeing what might happen by going to places I've never tried before in different towns in my state.  Have some people found that their luck changes somewhat when they go to places they have never played? I realize it's random but I feel like changing things up from my normal routine. Any thoughts of people's experiences doing that?

Ive won on the road and at home........... sometimes Ill buy tickets at different gas stations on the was home from work or if i had to go across town

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: October 17, 2012, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

So instead of buying 500 tickets, buy 150,000 tickets. Brilliant concept.

For $20 scratchers, that would only run me $3 million dollars.

I'll try that method on my next road trip.

A small price to pay for a 1 in 240,000 chance of winning a big prize.

United States
                Member #122468
                February 1, 2012
                530 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2012, 8:40 am - IP Logged

I've tried doing that road trip thing before in MA.

Went to 5 new locations in towns I've never been to before. As I remember I just about broke even.

Probably something you'd have to try several times, to get some idea of the payoff. I'm always up for anything new that might help my luck.  Lep

Hi mcginnin56,

Thanks for responding to my post. I'm assuming you are pretty close to Mass since you live in NH.  You said you broke even, that sounds good to me.  I've gone to some places out of my hometown to buy scratch tickets but haven't done a road trip yet. How are scratch tickets in NH?

United States
                  Member #122468
                  February 1, 2012
                  530 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2012, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Hi Ronnie,

Wish I could afford to play that many, lol.  Do you play at the same places or do you change it up a bit when you buy scratch tickets?

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: October 18, 2012, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Hi mcginnin56,

Thanks for responding to my post. I'm assuming you are pretty close to Mass since you live in NH.  You said you broke even, that sounds good to me.  I've gone to some places out of my hometown to buy scratch tickets but haven't done a road trip yet. How are scratch tickets in NH?

Your welcome.

I'm about a 20 minute drive from MA, a straight shot down the Everett Turnpike. (Route 3). I usually buy my tickets in Tewksbury.

Scratch tickets seem to be about the same odds as in MA. Timing is everything they say, that and a half bushel of good luck.  Lep

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22908 Posts
                      Posted: October 18, 2012, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Agreed...timing and being at the right place.
                      You have to switch up the places you buy your tickets. Some places just stink all around for anything...instants, big games,
                      jackpots, ie.
                      Buy a few from a handful of stores, find the one that does the best...make that your first choice store but keep others in
                      mind too.
                      That's what I do..I'll go to a few stores and buy a few from each...radius: about 10 miles.
                      If you're talking just other states, I don't do that.
                      Even with a crummy store - right place, right time is key, that's why it's a good idea to limit your purchases to a few.
                      Get a feel for what kind of ticket day it is...if you can play like that. Buy a couple of each and see what's working for
                      that day. Some days, I gotta avoid $20's...some days I play $2's depends on what's winning....like today, seems like a $2
                      ticket day...I found one, ticket #021 for a double $50 prize. That's the bulk of what I'll play today unless a $20 proves
                      otherwise.
                      So get around....UNLESS of course, you find a HOT store....keep at it and keep it to yourself. Thumbs Up
                      GOOD LUCK!

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3157 Posts
                        Posted: October 18, 2012, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Some spots never have the new tickets so i always hit different stores. I get better results from stores that sell alot of tics. Usually play within a half-hour drive.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40469 Posts
                          Posted: October 18, 2012, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Some spots never have the new tickets so i always hit different stores. I get better results from stores that sell alot of tics. Usually play within a half-hour drive.

I'll buy the same game at different stores, I have better luck.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                            Member #122468
                            February 1, 2012
                            530 Posts
                            Posted: October 18, 2012, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Ive won on the road and at home........... sometimes Ill buy tickets at different gas stations on the was home from work or if i had to go across town

Hi billionaire2bee,

Thanks for your response. Guess you have won both at home and on the road. I still play close by and always wondered if my luck might be better playing in different parts of my state.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: October 18, 2012, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Hi billionaire2bee,

Thanks for your response. Guess you have won both at home and on the road. I still play close by and always wondered if my luck might be better playing in different parts of my state.

I think road trips are a fun idea.