Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Not Again!!

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2012, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

OMG freakin California wins Mega-Millions AGAIN!!! C'mon CA I know your economy is bad....... so is every where else....... but do you all mind if the rest of the country gets a bite of the golden apple...Hey NY this also is directed at you....The rest of the country wants to win too LOL

United States
    Member #106134
    February 13, 2011
    806 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2012, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I think California needs to be kicked out of Mega millions honestly.  Let them have their own lottery so all 38,000,000 residents can win every single drawing.  Must be some good cheat codes floating around California.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: October 18, 2012, 12:17 am - IP Logged

There were two JP winners.....not just California

Winning Tickets From 10/16/2012 Were Sold:
      Match 5 + 1 Jackpot Winners: California(1) and
      Massachusetts(1)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: October 18, 2012, 12:17 am - IP Logged

OMG freakin California wins Mega-Millions AGAIN!!! C'mon CA I know your economy is bad....... so is every where else....... but do you all mind if the rest of the country gets a bite of the golden apple...Hey NY this also is directed at you....The rest of the country wants to win too LOL

The state is broke, give them a break !  Green laugh

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: October 18, 2012, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I think California needs to be kicked out of Mega millions honestly.  Let them have their own lottery so all 38,000,000 residents can win every single drawing.  Must be some good cheat codes floating around California.

Cheat codes?

I believe RJOH eloquently remarked on this subject a week or so ago in a similar setting, in another thread. He clearly demonstrated why the wins were greater. The population is considerably higher, thus more wins.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2657 Posts
            Posted: October 18, 2012, 6:48 am - IP Logged

Cheers

heres to california falling into the pacific

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2012, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Hurrah for California!!!

Well deserved, and long overdue.  Banana

United States
                Member #106134
                February 13, 2011
                806 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2012, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Cheat codes?

I believe RJOH eloquently remarked on this subject a week or so ago in a similar setting, in another thread. He clearly demonstrated why the wins were greater. The population is considerably higher, thus more wins.

Yep, let them have their own lottery so all 38,000,000 residents can win every single drawing.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                  San Angelo, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1097
                  January 31, 2003
                  1394 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2012, 9:51 am - IP Logged

The head of the Texas lottery told commissioners that California is joining Powerball soon.

Now they can win both games!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5588 Posts
                    Posted: October 18, 2012, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Uhhhh,

They have their own lotto. Super Lotto Plus.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40262 Posts
                      Posted: October 18, 2012, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Uhhhh,

They have their own lotto. Super Lotto Plus.

LOL,

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                        San Angelo, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #1097
                        January 31, 2003
                        1394 Posts
                        Posted: October 18, 2012, 10:06 am - IP Logged

The head of the Texas lottery told commissioners that California is joining Powerball soon.

Now they can win both games!

Here is Texas lottery transcript about California joining Powerball:

AGENDA ITEM NO. VIII

8                 CHAIRMAN WILLIAMSON:  The next item is the

9   report by the Executive Director and/or possible

10   discussion and/or action on the agency's operational

11   status, agency procedures, awards and FTE status.

12                 Gary, this is also your item.

13                 MR. GRIEF:  Commissioners, other than the

14   items in your notebook, I do have one item I would like

15   to report on this morning.

16                 Last week I participated in the World

17   Lottery Summit 2012.  This was a joint venture between

18   the World Lottery Association, otherwise know as WLA,

19   and the North American Association of State and

20   Provincial Lotteries, know as NASPL.  This event was

21   hosted by Lotto Quebec, and it featured the largest

22   lottery industry trade show in history.  The summit also

23   involved a three-day business program involving leaders

24   from the international lottery community as well as some

25   very notable outside speakers as well.
                                                                                               25

1                 I participated in one session which was

2   called a lottery pep talk in which I moderated a

3   discussion between the directors of the Mexico, the

4   French and the Kentucky lotteries.  This session

5   demonstrated how the mission and values of governmental

6   lotteries around the world are very similar but, even

7   more important, very critical to our role in trying to

8   fend off the competition from the growing number of

9   gambling entities in the private sector.

10                 A meeting of the Mega Millions group, of

11   which I'm a lead director, also occurred during this

12   conference.  And I'm pleased to report that the

13   initiative that I'm spearheading to try to consolidate

14   Mega Millions and the Multi-State Lottery Association

15   which oversees Powerball is still active, and we're

16   making slow but steady progress in that regard.

17                 Also of note, MUSL, which does oversee the

18   Powerball game, took a vote in their meeting during the

19   week to allow the State of California to begin selling

20   Powerball around January of next year.  And California

21   has not been selling Powerball up to this point.

22                 No changes to the Powerball game, no

23   changes to the matrix are anticipated.  My understanding

24   is, that game is geared to handle the influx of

25   population from California.  And the expectation is that
                                                                                               26

1   jackpots will grow faster ........

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: October 18, 2012, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Do you really believe there are such things as lottery cheat codes?  If you do, how do you explain the winners being all different and unrelated?  Do you think these so called "cheaters" are fair minded people who once they win pass these codes on to other randomly chosen lottery players in their state?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: October 18, 2012, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Do you really believe there are such things as lottery cheat codes?  If you do, how do you explain the winners being all different and unrelated?  Do you think these so called "cheaters" are fair minded people who once they win pass these codes on to other randomly chosen lottery players in their state?

The cheater code people, conspiracy theory people and the rigged lottery people need to throw a big party together.  Party

There's going to be a big hangover the day after however.  Pumpkin

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                              Member #52345
                              May 21, 2007
                              2657 Posts
                              Posted: October 18, 2012, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

The cheater code people, conspiracy theory people and the rigged lottery people need to throw a big party together.  Party

There's going to be a big hangover the day after however.  Pumpkin

and it would serve them right Stooges