Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Are The Hurricane Sandy Storm Conditions Where You Are?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Harve$t Moon.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
22882 Posts
Posted: October 29, 2012, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Misleading here...rain, some wind, wondering where the things that are showing on the radar are What?

I read somewhere: Don't let it fool you. I suppose it'll get worse tonight in my area - some distance from and west of Philly.

luckyshoes, perfect sum 15...I get it in w/o's: 159....nice pick 4 too. I've got lights - so far and heat - so far and ambition - so

far. If it comes to 7pm and 668 or 688 doesn't come, my ambition will be watered down and I guess, so will my area. Please

spare the wind Sandy. Good luck all. Stay safe.

642, 921, 742, 964

1001 here and would like to also hit 1001 as a matter of fact...wind blowing, she didn't listen.

PA didn't cooperate tonight, 964 went somewhere lol....PA flipped my 9 to bring a 664 blah, didn't like that one.

(probably was a 9 but with all this wind....No Nod)

I hope everyone is okay, sounds bad out here.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
    Member #2217
    September 1, 2003
    985 Posts
    Posted: October 29, 2012, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Power back on after 4+ hours but not too sure it's here to stay.  Rain and wind continue to rock this world with the wind like clockwork every several minutes.  Water still rising but had a break in the deluge for at least a few minutes, thank goodness.  Unfortunately already crested and over banks so we need full stop asap.   Happy to hear LP family trudging on and making good number calls.  That's the Spirit!   I have to take a nap now but hopefully back in the wee hours.   I guess though technically started by HM (hey HM!!)   - this would have to be Sandy's "thread" -right?    Pumpkin    J

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23261 Posts
      Posted: October 29, 2012, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Here in NJ the power has been out since around 7:30 this evening.  Operating by generator now, not fun.  Let's hope the power company gets things working in the morning.  With all the millions of people in the area without power tonight, I am hopeful but not optimistic that will happen.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
        Member #76986
        July 10, 2009
        8034 Posts
        Posted: October 30, 2012, 1:56 am - IP Logged

The winds are still swaying the trees!

The winds are still howling like distant train sounds.

Did any of you have lots of lightening?

Many schools and many businesses will be closed.

Many transit systems are shut down and will not

be running in the morning.

If you don't have to leave your house, stay indoors.

United States
          Member #76986
          July 10, 2009
          8034 Posts
          Posted: October 30, 2012, 1:58 am - IP Logged

Here in NJ the power has been out since around 7:30 this evening.  Operating by generator now, not fun.  Let's hope the power company gets things working in the morning.  With all the millions of people in the area without power tonight, I am hopeful but not optimistic that will happen.

Todd's generator is keeping Lottery Post open in this extreme weather! Hurray!

United States
            Member #76986
            July 10, 2009
            8034 Posts
            Posted: October 30, 2012, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Power back on after 4+ hours but not too sure it's here to stay.  Rain and wind continue to rock this world with the wind like clockwork every several minutes.  Water still rising but had a break in the deluge for at least a few minutes, thank goodness.  Unfortunately already crested and over banks so we need full stop asap.   Happy to hear LP family trudging on and making good number calls.  That's the Spirit!   I have to take a nap now but hopefully back in the wee hours.   I guess though technically started by HM (hey HM!!)   - this would have to be Sandy's "thread" -right?    Pumpkin    J

Yes, this is the " Sandy Storm Thread ", Jake! 

We can all take turns, watching the

monitors and responding to LP citizens. Sun Smiley

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
              Nova Scotia
              Canada
              Member #9934
              December 27, 2004
              884 Posts
              Posted: October 30, 2012, 5:12 am - IP Logged

The wind has picked up quite a bit here, and we have more rain.Things are flown around people's yards. Not sure where the power is out right now in the province.. Wish I had a generator, in case I lose my power!

Have been watching the storm in the United states occuring on television..

Take care of your pets..And take shelter somewhere if needed!

United States
                Member #76986
                July 10, 2009
                8034 Posts
                Posted: October 30, 2012, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

The fury of Mother Nature is very humbling!

It is still raining. We have not ventured outside to survey the damage. I've been watching the news and seeing the dramatic pictures of the Sandy Aftermath. The damage is devestating and dramatic! It will take some communities and families years to recover! Astonishing! Prayers out to everyone! Safety first. It is not over,  yet! Please be careful. Help your neighbors, if they need help. There will be a lot of clean up.  If we work together and we will all be okay! Use your common sense. All that I can say is ... WOW!

136  212  870  591  262  210  0289  8096  2279  3080  2764  1769

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22882 Posts
                  Posted: October 30, 2012, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Misleading here...rain, some wind, wondering where the things that are showing on the radar are What?

I read somewhere: Don't let it fool you. I suppose it'll get worse tonight in my area - some distance from and west of Philly.

luckyshoes, perfect sum 15...I get it in w/o's: 159....nice pick 4 too. I've got lights - so far and heat - so far and ambition - so

far. If it comes to 7pm and 668 or 688 doesn't come, my ambition will be watered down and I guess, so will my area. Please

spare the wind Sandy. Good luck all. Stay safe.

642, 921, 742, 964

912 delivered, next day to my own PA!! I combo'd x 2 it so I'm happier...I say 'happier' because I wasn't too happy last

night...

Sandy update..power went out at about 10pm and the wind was awful, trees falling, stuff banging, wind blowing. I actually

thought before all that came that it wasn't going to be that bad...what I read rang true. It wasn't fooling around. I was totally

shocked this morning when the power went back on by 10:40am...that wasn't bad at all.

I know millions more are w/o power and I wish for a speedy fix to that - it's cold and it's miserable w/o power. It's something

that's taken for granted I think until it's gone.

Everyone please be careful, there is still danger of falling trees...people are dying, please be careful.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

United States
                    Member #76986
                    July 10, 2009
                    8034 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2012, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

If you or someone that you know has need of FEMA

(Federal Emergency Management Agency),

here is the contact information.

1-800-621-FEMA(3362)

www.fema.gov

Please help your neighbors rebuild their lives, if you can. Blue Angel