Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What about the kids??

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 4 years ago by gogidolim.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: October 30, 2012, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

My son exploded his scholarship opportunity during his senior year thinking I would just go ahead and pay for it......  (which I could have easily done) Instead of going to college he got a ride down to the Army recruiting office at the mall.........

HA HA Way to go Ronnie make that boy tow the LINE LOL

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: October 30, 2012, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

HA HA Way to go Ronnie make that boy tow the LINE LOL

Exactly right b2b, some people are responsible and effective parents, while others have their ass where their face is supposed to be,,,,, And of course everything in between...........

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: October 30, 2012, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Exactly right b2b, some people are responsible and effective parents, while others have their ass where their face is supposed to be,,,,, And of course everything in between...........

That's very true LOL...............I've seen some at Wal-mart as well.......

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: October 30, 2012, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

So I had a conversation with a friend/neighbor aboout hitting a big jackpot..his 20 y.o. son was leaving for work and heard us...he piped up and said Daddy if you win , I want a Ferrarri..to which his dad said for what... 200 grand for you to wrap around a tree and then your mother will try to kill me...? No thanks son...So I got to thinking...where would you draw a line on spoiling the kids?? Or would you?.......We all know what happened to poor Jack Whittaker's little granddaughter......I personally think it would kill me if I gave someone something like a sports car or motorcycle and they ended up getting hurt really bad on it if not killed....but that's me....What would you get your kids? Or not get for that matter???

I'd give him his portion of the money I thought he deserved at his age. You can only control your children up to a point. After that point, they are close enough to being an adult at 20 and choose how they conduct their lives, good or bad.

More people die from auto related/drunk driving incidents every year, about 50,000, and the majority aren't "lottery rich". So the money isn't the issue obviously, it's reckless behavior.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19817 Posts
          Posted: October 31, 2012, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

I'd give him his portion of the money I thought he deserved at his age. You can only control your children up to a point. After that point, they are close enough to being an adult at 20 and choose how they conduct their lives, good or bad.

More people die from auto related/drunk driving incidents every year, about 50,000, and the majority aren't "lottery rich". So the money isn't the issue obviously, it's reckless behavior.

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: October 31, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Forget about the kids, what about us.  What?

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: October 31, 2012, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

"Us" can fend for themselves.......LOL

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19817 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2012, 10:32 am - IP Logged

you have to take care of yourself #1 or you will not be able to care for others Lovies

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: November 1, 2012, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

you have to take care of yourself #1 or you will not be able to care for others Lovies

"Others" also goes in the category of fend for themselves......LOL

Inland Empire
                    United States
                    Member #118116
                    October 22, 2011
                    317 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2012, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

As for college, it's not for everyone. In US, 1/4 of population have the BA or BS and that's the adequete number of people. Still, getting some GE won't hurt. At least gives you some perspective. If you go for college, be sure to take the right major. In my case, I still need to go to a trade school in Hollywood, CA because state university has a rather poor program for my major. (my field is computer animation/entertainment design).