Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you still??

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 4 years ago by hearsetrax.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
Member #134627
November 2, 2012
1001 Posts
Posted: November 5, 2012, 6:55 am - IP Logged

Question: If person who won big sum in lottery ended up being deceased prior to receiving the win, does the sum go to his relatives as inheritance? it's not like they can claim they won this lottery, because video camera recorded the deceased person buying the ticket... Did such thing ever even happen in history of lottery? if not, then may be buying lottery tickets is preventative of death, because everyone wants to survive until the results and see... :)

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: November 5, 2012, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Question: If person who won big sum in lottery ended up being deceased prior to receiving the win, does the sum go to his relatives as inheritance? it's not like they can claim they won this lottery, because video camera recorded the deceased person buying the ticket... Did such thing ever even happen in history of lottery? if not, then may be buying lottery tickets is preventative of death, because everyone wants to survive until the results and see... :)

Depending on whether the ticket was already signed, what agreements they had with family members, etc.  you would need to talk to an

estate attorney to figure out that tangled mess.

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #79502
      September 2, 2009
      6394 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2012, 7:32 am - IP Logged

At first I would check back to see if anyone else from lp was part of the winning jackpot. From there I probably wouldnt be back to check.

Id just be on to my new next bad habit.  Stretch

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2012, 7:47 am - IP Logged

At first I would check back to see if anyone else from lp was part of the winning jackpot. From there I probably wouldnt be back to check.

Id just be on to my new next bad habit.  Stretch

Green laugh

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
          Gurnee, Illinois
          United States
          Member #49731
          February 12, 2007
          917 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2012, 8:26 am - IP Logged

yes I'd check in to LP once in a while if I ever won, why not? They have wi-fi available on the beach in the Cayman Islands. I'd be sitting on the beach checking LP and sipping a mai tai. LOL

no one here would ever know if I won though because I'd keep that information to myself and a few close relatives. I don't see any benefit in telling the whole world I won a jackpot. There would be scammers coming out of the woodwork.

I would let the whole world know I won.  I would show up for my jackpot winner news conference wearing either a Predator or Chubaka costume. May the force be with me!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2657 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2012, 8:59 am - IP Logged

I would let the whole world know I won.  I would show up for my jackpot winner news conference wearing either a Predator or Chubaka costume. May the force be with me!

Green laugh now that would be a press conference worth watching