Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are People Who Rarely Play The Lottery More Lucky?

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: November 3, 2012, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

You hear it all the time, someone who rarely buys a ticket wins a jackpot on their first attempt.

Could it be just beginners or newbie luck. What?

Do we build up a bad "karma" after playing for so many years without winning much of anything.  What?

It might also be that people who rarely play, aren't brainwashed yet to all the systems and methodology's that we are exposed to daily.

Perhaps the old timers just get burned out, and need some time away from everything, to re-energize and renew their excitement again. What?

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2012, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

You hear it all the time, someone who rarely buys a ticket wins a jackpot on their first attempt.

Do we build up a bad "karma" after playing for so many years without winning much of anything.  What?

It might also be that people who rarely play, aren't brainwashed yet to all the systems and methodology's that we are exposed to daily.

Perhaps the old timers just get burned out, and need some time away from everything, to re-energize and renew their excitement again. What?

Naaaaaaaahhh...........I think there are more winners that play on a regular basis and win, than there are people who win on their very first try.....cause I think the media and everyone else focuses on that one fact when they hear about it....

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: November 3, 2012, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Karma would exist If it helped people who acted according to it's laws, but it doesn't because  even the very few really good people still get hurt. I'ts all about being at the right place at the right time and getting paid for it. Period.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: November 3, 2012, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

To briefly shine a little perspective, I have a friend who had a stroke two years ago. His wife left him and his son. Nice way to treat a family member in his most desperate time in life. If that wasn't bad enough, his doctors told him one of his kidneys developed cancer. He took care of that since, but he's still waiting on more tests to see if the cancer spread. He lives a meager life via disability and owes out of pocket costs not covered by Medicare, which he can't afford.

Without depressing you anymore, I will sum it it up this way. Everyday that I wake up still in one piece, I've won the lottery !    No amount of money will save you from an uncurable ailment.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: November 3, 2012, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

To briefly shine a little perspective, I have a friend who had a stroke two years ago. His wife left him and his son. Nice way to treat a family member in his most desperate time in life. If that wasn't bad enough, his doctors told him one of his kidneys developed cancer. He took care of that since, but he's still waiting on more tests to see if the cancer spread. He lives a meager life via disability and owes out of pocket costs not covered by Medicare, which he can't afford.

Without depressing you anymore, I will sum it it up this way. Everyday that I wake up still in one piece, I've won the lottery !    No amount of money will save you from an uncurable ailment.

Roger that.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: November 3, 2012, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

In many circles peple who play the lottery are viewed as losers or sinners, and because of that, I think some people lie about how much they play.  I bet some of those "beginners" have actually spent hundreds or even thousands before they win.

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2012, 3:43 am - IP Logged

Sometimes we all need to be reminded of this simple fact.  Thumbs Up

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19767 Posts
                Posted: November 4, 2012, 4:53 am - IP Logged

Love multiple questionsWhat? 

1) A 

2) B

3)  Both A and B

4) All of the above 

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: November 4, 2012, 4:55 am - IP Logged

Love multiple questionsWhat? 

1) A 

2) B

3)  Both A and B

4) All of the above 

Good choice!  Hyper

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
                    Member #134627
                    November 2, 2012
                    1001 Posts
                    Posted: November 4, 2012, 5:00 am - IP Logged

I think people are encouraged to buy 1 ticket at the time, because from $1 buys most profits are made by lottery company, because those people practically never win.

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
                      Member #134627
                      November 2, 2012
                      1001 Posts
                      Posted: November 4, 2012, 5:43 am - IP Logged

If people who buys 1 ticket would win very often, this would  be discouraged by commercials and instead lottery company would allow people to join virtually into the groups while buying the tickets, and then share the win. Such option, I believe, does not exist, because groups are more successful at hitting wins. Not everyone can find a reliable group of willing payers, so I think it would be nice if such arrangement was created for the customers by lottery company, where one does not have to know the other players in a group, but the set up is run automatically, if people choose to join.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: November 4, 2012, 9:20 am - IP Logged

If people who buys 1 ticket would win very often, this would  be discouraged by commercials and instead lottery company would allow people to join virtually into the groups while buying the tickets, and then share the win. Such option, I believe, does not exist, because groups are more successful at hitting wins. Not everyone can find a reliable group of willing payers, so I think it would be nice if such arrangement was created for the customers by lottery company, where one does not have to know the other players in a group, but the set up is run automatically, if people choose to join.

You wouldn't happen to have a group we could all join and send you money, would you?  Hyper

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: November 4, 2012, 9:27 am - IP Logged

Perhaps the people who SAY its their first attempt are hiding their abusive obsessive gambling habit What?

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: November 4, 2012, 9:30 am - IP Logged

I feel renewed and energized after only putting up 26 posts yesterday. Perhaps Tue. I will hit MM 5+1 What?

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: November 4, 2012, 9:32 am - IP Logged

Can I join your pool.... What?