Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are People Who Rarely Play The Lottery More Lucky?

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2012, 9:44 am - IP Logged

I feel renewed and energized after only putting up 26 posts yesterday. Perhaps Tue. I will hit MM 5+1 What?

You appear to be highly energized and fully renewed Ronnie316!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1648 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2012, 11:32 am - IP Logged

You hear it all the time, someone who rarely buys a ticket wins a jackpot on their first attempt.

Could it be just beginners or newbie luck. What?

Do we build up a bad "karma" after playing for so many years without winning much of anything.  What?

It might also be that people who rarely play, aren't brainwashed yet to all the systems and methodology's that we are exposed to daily.

Perhaps the old timers just get burned out, and need some time away from everything, to re-energize and renew their excitement again. What?

I do believe that there's such a thing as trying too hard...especially with JACKPOT games. There is absolutely no respect of persons, skill level, education, money, or total time invested with playing the lottery as a whole. Recently, there was a discussion similar to this regarding a very young man (22 yrs. old) that won. He's only been playing, off and on, for four years and now he's rich. All the while, there are others who have been playing 3-4 times as long and still haven't been lucky enough to win.

It can be very good to take a break and then come back "re-energized" as you say. But, the caveat to this is that if you have a dedicated set of numbers then, they're also on "vacation" with you. To have them hit while you're on break would be nothing short of devastating. Quick Picker's, on the other hand, will never know as long as they don't retain old tickets and review 'em. 

To me, players that are somewhat passive and just having fun with the game seem to win 2:1 over those trying to force, or, expect to win based on "dues paid" in relation to time and money. That's a no-no.No No

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

California
      United States
      Member #134386
      October 26, 2012
      22 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2012, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I do believe that there's such a thing as trying too hard...especially with JACKPOT games. There is absolutely no respect of persons, skill level, education, money, or total time invested with playing the lottery as a whole. Recently, there was a discussion similar to this regarding a very young man (22 yrs. old) that won. He's only been playing, off and on, for four years and now he's rich. All the while, there are others who have been playing 3-4 times as long and still haven't been lucky enough to win.

It can be very good to take a break and then come back "re-energized" as you say. But, the caveat to this is that if you have a dedicated set of numbers then, they're also on "vacation" with you. To have them hit while you're on break would be nothing short of devastating. Quick Picker's, on the other hand, will never know as long as they don't retain old tickets and review 'em. 

To me, players that are somewhat passive and just having fun with the game seem to win 2:1 over those trying to force, or, expect to win based on "dues paid" in relation to time and money. That's a no-no.No No

L.L.

imma take a break then come back "re-energized". i usually play when its over $30 million grrrrrrrChair

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11978 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2012, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

I think people are encouraged to buy 1 ticket at the time, because from $1 buys most profits are made by lottery company, because those people practically never win.

Buying multiple lines versus buying a single line? I have to agree with you.

Buying more lottery tickets increases your chances of winning. I rarely win whenever I buy a single line.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2012, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Buying multiple lines versus buying a single line? I have to agree with you.

Buying more lottery tickets increases your chances of winning. I rarely win whenever I buy a single line.

You said rarely, but you have won the lottery at least once with a single line.  What?

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

Thanks for the insight LL.

Im happy to report that I have created a systematic approach that is now on autopilot and I'm no longer trying at all or even picking my own numbers. 

This is so easy I think a caveman could do it,............

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11978 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

You said rarely, but you have won the lottery at least once with a single line.  What?

I feel that buying multiple lines with a lottery stop loss limit to minimize losses allow us to win a jackpot sooner.

US Flag

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11978 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Buying more lottery tickets increases your chances of winning smaller prizes more often versus buying a single line.

Buying 2 lines for a particular drawing is better than buying a single line.

US Flag

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

I feel that buying multiple lines with a lottery stop loss limit to minimize losses allow us to win a jackpot sooner.

I take it sooner is better than later!   Yes Nod

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11978 Posts
                    Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

I take it sooner is better than later!   Yes Nod

I still buy a single line once in a while, but I feel luckier when I buy more than a single line.lol

US Flag

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

I still buy a single line once in a while, but I feel luckier when I buy more than a single line.lol

I'm with you there, at least two lines is my minimum.  Yes Nod

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

You appear to be highly energized and fully renewed Ronnie316!

Thank you, I feel refreshed, renewed, regenerated, rewarded, relaxed, reborn, reinvigorated, reinvented, reaccelerated, reaccepted, reacclimatized, reaccredited, reassured, reaquainted, reactivated, renegotiate, reauthorized, reloaded, reflown, refracted, recanalized, reglued, refilled, reexpectorated, and regroomed.

JUST TO NAME A FEW.............

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Im going with a 66 line minimum........

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11978 Posts
                            Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

The September 26, 2012 powerball jackpot of $202M was won in Iowa with a $4 powerball quick pick ticket.

US Flag

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: November 5, 2012, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, I feel refreshed, renewed, regenerated, rewarded, relaxed, reborn, reinvigorated, reinvented, reaccelerated, reaccepted, reacclimatized, reaccredited, reassured, reaquainted, reactivated, renegotiate, reauthorized, reloaded, reflown, refracted, recanalized, reglued, refilled, reexpectorated, and regroomed.

JUST TO NAME A FEW.............

Wow you must have had the "R" words on your mind today, that's refutably regal of you.