Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Florida Lottery's Popular Millionaire Raffle Is Back!

Topic closed. 116 replies. Last post 4 years ago by PrisonerSix.

Page 1 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3459 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2012, 9:51 am - IP Logged

I finally track down the information about the new raffle a day before the tickets go on sale. I got a good feeling the tickets will sell out fast because it is a short raffle time. Who's buying?

THE FLORIDA LOTTERY'S POPULAR MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE™ IS BACK -WITH THE BEST ODDS TO WIN $1 MILLION
                                                 ~ A New Millionaire Every Monday and a $2 Million Grand Prize ~

To celebrate the Florida Lottery's upcoming 25th Anniversary and the Year of the Flamingo, the Lottery is launching the 25th Anniversary MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE™. With only one million tickets available, the game offers the best odds of winning $1 million among all Lottery games currently on sale. The $20 tickets go on sale Friday, November 9, and will remain on sale through Sunday, December 30, or until all one million tickets sell out - whichever occurs first.

"Florida Lottery players love Raffle games and this is a way to give back to our players," said Florida Lottery Secretary Cindy O'Connell. "With six weekly drawings for $1 million and a $2 million Grand Prize, players will love this 25th Anniversary MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE!"

Each ticket features a unique number that will be automatically entered into one of six weekly 25th Anniversary MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE drawing(s) depending on the date of purchase. Weekly drawings will be held from November 19 through December 24, and the Grand Prize drawing will be held on December 31, 2012. Tickets purchased by December 23, 2012 will qualify for a weekly drawing and the New Year's Eve Grand Prize drawing. Tickets purchased after December 23, 2012 will qualify only for the Grand Prize drawing.

Total Weekly Draw Prizes

Prize

Winners

Est. Odds*

$1,000,000

1:142,857.14

$1,000

1:2,857.14

*Estimated odds if tickets are sold proportionally throughout the promotion and if all MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE tickets are sold. The actual odds of winning depend on the number tickets sold for each weekly drawing.

Grand Prize Draw Prizes

Prize

Winners

Est. Odds**

$2,000,000

1:999,994

$100,000

1:99,999.40

$10,000

1:19,999.88

$1,000

1:1,999.99

**Estimated odds if all MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE tickets are sold.

Guess Who's Back?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

In Idaho, sales start out pretty slow.  This would be to your advantage to buy your ticket for the first weekly draw if the same is true in Florida. 

Good luck, hope to see you posting that you won this.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2012, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I finally track down the information about the new raffle a day before the tickets go on sale. I got a good feeling the tickets will sell out fast because it is a short raffle time. Who's buying?

THE FLORIDA LOTTERY'S POPULAR MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE™ IS BACK -WITH THE BEST ODDS TO WIN $1 MILLION
                                                       ~ A New Millionaire Every Monday and a $2 Million Grand Prize ~

To celebrate the Florida Lottery's upcoming 25th Anniversary and the Year of the Flamingo, the Lottery is launching the 25th Anniversary MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE™. With only one million tickets available, the game offers the best odds of winning $1 million among all Lottery games currently on sale. The $20 tickets go on sale Friday, November 9, and will remain on sale through Sunday, December 30, or until all one million tickets sell out - whichever occurs first.

"Florida Lottery players love Raffle games and this is a way to give back to our players," said Florida Lottery Secretary Cindy O'Connell. "With six weekly drawings for $1 million and a $2 million Grand Prize, players will love this 25th Anniversary MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE!"

Each ticket features a unique number that will be automatically entered into one of six weekly 25th Anniversary MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE drawing(s) depending on the date of purchase. Weekly drawings will be held from November 19 through December 24, and the Grand Prize drawing will be held on December 31, 2012. Tickets purchased by December 23, 2012 will qualify for a weekly drawing and the New Year's Eve Grand Prize drawing. Tickets purchased after December 23, 2012 will qualify only for the Grand Prize drawing.

Total Weekly Draw Prizes

Prize

Winners

Est. Odds*

$1,000,000

1:142,857.14

$1,000

1:2,857.14

*Estimated odds if tickets are sold proportionally throughout the promotion and if all MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE tickets are sold. The actual odds of winning depend on the number tickets sold for each weekly drawing.

Grand Prize Draw Prizes

Prize

Winners

Est. Odds**

$2,000,000

1:999,994

$100,000

1:99,999.40

$10,000

1:19,999.88

$1,000

1:1,999.99

**Estimated odds if all MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE tickets are sold.

Good luck, Win! Hope ya hit the big one! Thumbs Up

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
        If you don't like it, spit it out!
        United States
        Member #4756
        May 23, 2004
        3433 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2012, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

I don't know, they haven't been able to sell out the last 2 or 3 times that they have had the raffle.

I do know that I will miss the chance to buy a ticket... on purpose.

Texas
          United States
          Member #133615
          October 4, 2012
          234 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2012, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

How can a Texas boy get in on the Florida version of El Gordo?

Florida
            United States
            Member #77815
            August 1, 2009
            3459 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2012, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I don't know, they haven't been able to sell out the last 2 or 3 times that they have had the raffle.

I do know that I will miss the chance to buy a ticket... on purpose.

It is true the last few times they did not sell out. But I think this one will be a success because each ticket has 2 shots at winning. The weekly draw and the $2 Million New Years Eve draw. I also found out in case of an early sell-out. All raffle tickets, excluding previous $1 million winners, will be included in the sudsequent weekly drawings to award any remaining prizes.

Guess Who's Back?

Florida
              United States
              Member #77815
              August 1, 2009
              3459 Posts
              Posted: November 9, 2012, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I bought my first ticket today. Good Luck everyone!

Guess Who's Back?

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40339 Posts
                Posted: November 9, 2012, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Good luck, Hope you win big.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #77815
                  August 1, 2009
                  3459 Posts
                  Posted: November 10, 2012, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Bought another raffle ticket this morning. Almost 7,000 tickets sold. You got to be in it to win it.

Guess Who's Back?

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #77815
                    August 1, 2009
                    3459 Posts
                    Posted: November 12, 2012, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Almost 17,000 tickets sold.

Guess Who's Back?

Tampa,Florida
                      United States
                      Member #127347
                      April 29, 2012
                      23 Posts
                      Posted: November 13, 2012, 12:18 am - IP Logged

In it to win it is the only way I Play!!! I'm assuming you found the amount of tickets sold somewhere  on the fla lottery website but, where exactly is this

information located??

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #94283
                        July 17, 2010
                        2284 Posts
                        Posted: November 13, 2012, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Wow, they're selling really slow!  Even Idaho has sold 50K already and there are only 250K tickets in the raffle.

fort lauderdale, florida
                          United States
                          Member #135039
                          November 13, 2012
                          17 Posts
                          Posted: November 13, 2012, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

I'll be puchasing a ticket on Nov 18 in the evening, and will post to this thread about how many tickets have been sold to that point (if the calculation remain consistant we are averaging about 4200 tickets sold per day.  That would be about 42,000 tickets for the Nov 19th drawing.

Hope the numbers stay small, so we all have a better shot at a prize (any prize!)

JG.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #77815
                            August 1, 2009
                            3459 Posts
                            Posted: November 13, 2012, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

In it to win it is the only way I Play!!! I'm assuming you found the amount of tickets sold somewhere  on the fla lottery website but, where exactly is this

information located??

The tickets is sold in sequence. Whenever I buy a ticket I post the ticket number range. I bought another ticket this morning an it was low 21,000.

Guess Who's Back?

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #133615
                              October 4, 2012
                              234 Posts
                              Posted: November 13, 2012, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Is that ticket entered in all the drawings or just one weekly and the grand prize.?