Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what's the maximum amount of a pick 4 ticket of the same number that can be sold?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Toney725.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #102975
December 29, 2010
25 Posts
Posted: November 12, 2012, 2:32 am - IP Logged

Interesting thing happened on November 11 (11/11); I tried to play pick 4 numbers 1111 but I was told this number was sold out meaning lots of people played it. I never knew there was a maximum ticket that can be sold. I went to 2 different stores just to make sure that it was really sold out. I'm sure there had to be a maximum ticket that can be sold or anyone who could figure out the pattern numbers would just buy too much tickets and could send the state lottery into bankrupty should there be a very lucky winner. There had to be a liability cap then. I'm guessing 5000 would be the maximum tickets that can be sold for pick 4 for the same number.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
    Kunming
    China
    Member #57910
    January 23, 2008
    3626 Posts
    Posted: November 12, 2012, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Interesting thing happened on November 11 (11/11); I tried to play pick 4 numbers 1111 but I was told this number was sold out meaning lots of people played it. I never knew there was a maximum ticket that can be sold. I went to 2 different stores just to make sure that it was really sold out. I'm sure there had to be a maximum ticket that can be sold or anyone who could figure out the pattern numbers would just buy too much tickets and could send the state lottery into bankrupty should there be a very lucky winner. There had to be a liability cap then. I'm guessing 5000 would be the maximum tickets that can be sold for pick 4 for the same number.

It's not how many tickets but the amount of the payout. Every Pick-3 and Pick-4 for has a maximum the states are willing to payout. I think it's around 2-3 million dollars. Not sure though.

Play to win!

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
      Stone Mountain, GA
      United States
      Member #3189
      January 1, 2004
      28228 Posts
      Posted: November 12, 2012, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

From GA Lottery's website:

Q. Why did the GLC set a liability limit in CASH 3, CASH 4 & Georgia FIVE?

A. The GLC has an obligation to raise as many dollars for educational programs in Georgia as we can while also ensuring that we have funds available to pay winners. To accomplish this, we must be able to limit our potential payout to an amount that we expect to reasonably pay based on the sales we generate for this game. The liability limit for CASH 3 is $10 million, CASH 4 is $10 million and Georgia FIVE is $10 million.