Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do I protect my system? A programmer wants to create a software for me

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #123632
February 25, 2012
156 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2012, 4:59 am - IP Logged

I have a lotto system that has produced 6 winning numbers before and now a developer programmer wants to turn my system into a lotto software but how do I protect myself from it beings stolen from me? Do I sit down with him and just reveal how everything works in hopes he wont steal my system and claim it as his own or do I create a contract? Yet I feel somewhat lost on what to say in the contract? The programmer believes in my system and is going to create the software for free for me but wants to use it to win too. It's sorta like a songwriter who writes a song and doesnt want someone else to say they wrote it. Or someone who invented an invention and I want to make sure no one claims it as their own. I have no problem with someone using my system to win but I created the system myself and would rather not have some programmer say that they created it and take the credit for it and possibly make a fortune from it by claiming that they invented it. How do I protect myself? Does anyone know or have some advice? At this point any advice is good advice.

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
    Constitutional Money Is Real Money
    Brick City
    United States
    Member #1216
    March 3, 2003
    1782 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2012, 5:06 am - IP Logged

You need to have the programmer sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). These agreements are common and any good lawyer can draw one up for you. Software programs are intellectual property and can also be protected by patent and copyright. Get in touch with a lawyer at your local legal aid society and ask for advice.

Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.
    Oprah Winfrey

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    (attributed to) Albert Einstein

I have failed many times, and that's why I am a success.
    Michael Jordan

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals
    himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Albert Einstein

United States
      Member #123632
      February 25, 2012
      156 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2012, 5:10 am - IP Logged

You need to have the programmer sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). These agreements are common and any good lawyer can draw one up for you. Software programs are intellectual property and can also be protected by patent and copyright. Get in touch with a lawyer at your local legal aid society and ask for advice.

Thankyou Big Hitter, I feel completely lost about this and on the verge of having the system put into an easy to use software and I have worked 10 years creating it. I appreciate the advice. Anyone else with advice and wit is very appreciated too.

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
        Athens
        Greece
        Member #133234
        September 24, 2012
        193 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2012, 9:56 am - IP Logged

You consult a lawyer first as Big Hitter suggested; and, you don't reveal any more "info" about your system.

Be wise...

Don't do something you might later regret.

6/49 dis(assembly)

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
          Member #133462
          September 30, 2012
          5946 Posts
          Posted: November 20, 2012, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Produced 6 winning jackpot numbers? Why would you want this system in the hands of someone else? Let me ask, have you ACTUALLY won any of these jackpots?Shifty

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: November 20, 2012, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Produced 6 winning jackpot numbers? Why would you want this system in the hands of someone else? Let me ask, have you ACTUALLY won any of these jackpots?Shifty

I Agree! I would think WINNING SOME MONEY would be the first step in the process. lol. lol.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: November 20, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Right, why sell a winning system if some of us could pool together and be big winners....  What?

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: November 20, 2012, 10:24 am - IP Logged

I want to win some BIG money for the BIG Turkey day...............

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: November 20, 2012, 10:25 am - IP Logged

But I will settle for the BIG  Noel day.............

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19964 Posts
                    Posted: November 20, 2012, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I have a lotto system that has produced 6 winning numbers before and now a developer programmer wants to turn my system into a lotto software but how do I protect myself from it beings stolen from me? Do I sit down with him and just reveal how everything works in hopes he wont steal my system and claim it as his own or do I create a contract? Yet I feel somewhat lost on what to say in the contract? The programmer believes in my system and is going to create the software for free for me but wants to use it to win too. It's sorta like a songwriter who writes a song and doesnt want someone else to say they wrote it. Or someone who invented an invention and I want to make sure no one claims it as their own. I have no problem with someone using my system to win but I created the system myself and would rather not have some programmer say that they created it and take the credit for it and possibly make a fortune from it by claiming that they invented it. How do I protect myself? Does anyone know or have some advice? At this point any advice is good advice.

Just post it on here firstBig Grin Santa

we ALL will be your witness'es that it is YOUR System .Yes Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19964 Posts
                      Posted: November 20, 2012, 11:59 am - IP Logged

I Agree! I would think WINNING SOME MONEY would be the first step in the process. lol. lol.

Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5145 Posts
                        Posted: November 20, 2012, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Just post it on here firstBig Grin Santa

we ALL will be your witness'es that it is YOUR System .Yes Nod

HMW:

ME2 have a system 2helpUwin. We call it the "SureFire" system$$$$$$$$

(1) Just send $10.00 "donation" 2D Lottery Post HDQ

(2) Mark UR envelope 4D SureFire system FunD

(3) When fund HIT's $50,000 get programmer 2 produce IT

(4) U will be mailed D SureFire system in plain wrapper (protect'g UR identity)

But, "wait" U will get  "FREE" copy. Just include $5.00 4 postage

and handeling in UR "donation" of $10.00 +$5.00 S&H (2-4-1)!!!

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

TurkeyWhite BounceTurkeyHappy Turkey Day 2112TurkeyWhite BounceTurkey

u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19964 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2012, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

HMW:

ME2 have a system 2helpUwin. We call it the "SureFire" system$$$$$$$$

(1) Just send $10.00 "donation" 2D Lottery Post HDQ

(2) Mark UR envelope 4D SureFire system FunD

(3) When fund HIT's $50,000 get programmer 2 produce IT

(4) U will be mailed D SureFire system in plain wrapper (protect'g UR identity)

But, "wait" U will get  "FREE" copy. Just include $5.00 4 postage

and handeling in UR "donation" of $10.00 +$5.00 S&H (2-4-1)!!!

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

TurkeyWhite BounceTurkeyHappy Turkey Day 2112TurkeyWhite BounceTurkey

You Funny  Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19903 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2012, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

If it's working fine without being in a computer program, why have someone program it?   If you feel it would work faster and better as a computer program then train yourself how to program.  Computer languages like Liberty Basic and KBasic were designed for just type of task, you could be writing your own computer programs within three months.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking