Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'm a Powerball...

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 4 years ago by sully16.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

I'm a Powerball...

Worshiper [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Fanatic [ 2 ]  [5.56%]
Lover [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Friend [ 10 ]  [27.78%]
Supporter [ 15 ]  [41.67%]
Protester [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Foe [ 2 ]  [5.56%]
Hater [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Despiser [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Heretic [ 2 ]  [5.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 36 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
Member #133462
September 30, 2012
5946 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

I pride myself in being an "elaborate Troll that should be ignored by all"...... lol. lol.

Sorry Ronnie, I regret to inform you that the Internet Troll Worldwide Association has denied your application for membership after you proved unwillingly to openly declare that the LOTTERY IS RIGGED.

Jesting that an individual has to play in CA and NY to win a multi state jackpot did not prove sufficient.

What really irritated board members was the thread on improving odds which in their minds promotes the idea that intelligent design and strategy can position players to be more successful. They characterized this doctrine as HERESY.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4792 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2012, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Seriously what would happen if someone who posted their numbers on LP won the Jackpot? Are there some people who would try to figure out who they are? I would delete my account and come back under a different name, I think.

J'aime La France.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3052 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2012, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

I support powerball and it has been 16 years of little return of only $100.  But I am not bitter because I have dreams of winning that hopefully will happen one day.  Just waiting to see if my numbers come up that is all and good luck to me tomorrow night.  I would split the ticket with my mother so she can retire in style.  I got plenty of years left to enjoy the winnings.-weshar75

US Flag

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2012, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Seriously what would happen if someone who posted their numbers on LP won the Jackpot? Are there some people who would try to figure out who they are? I would delete my account and come back under a different name, I think.

Deleting your account wouldn't help much since the place where your ticket was purchased and the name of the lawyer representing your trust and cashing in your ticket would be public knowledge.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4792 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2012, 8:14 am - IP Logged

Deleting your account wouldn't help much since the place where your ticket was purchased and the name of the lawyer representing your trust and cashing in your ticket would be public knowledge.

But the members of LP would not be able to match this info to me.

J'aime La France.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2012, 8:22 am - IP Logged

But the members of LP would not be able to match this info to me.

Sounds suspiciously like someone is planning on winning an upcoming jackpot.  Roll Eyes

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4792 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2012, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Sounds suspiciously like someone is planning on winning an upcoming jackpot.  Roll Eyes

lol  Yes!

J'aime La France.

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4792 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2012, 9:17 am - IP Logged

I just heard some guy say on TV that if he won the  PB, he would put ONE million dollars in the bank and live off that interest and give the rest away.  He needs to redo the math there.

J'aime La France.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: November 24, 2012, 9:28 am - IP Logged

I just heard some guy say on TV that if he won the  PB, he would put ONE million dollars in the bank and live off that interest and give the rest away.  He needs to redo the math there.

10 years ago maybe, but today better go with 5. Just to be on the safe side........

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                    nc
                    United States
                    Member #99520
                    October 26, 2010
                    375 Posts
                    Posted: November 24, 2012, 9:38 am - IP Logged

He'd be smarter to invest and put all in the bank.   Then donate each year out of the excess interest and income to charities.   They would appreciate a steady stream better than a one time lump gift!  Plus, he would have back up.   One million won't go far or earn much interest these days of growing inflation!  Even at 5% that would only be 50,000 a year.   Most people aren't interested in living on that small income, of course that is a very large income to me right now.

Bahamas
                      Member #133462
                      September 30, 2012
                      5946 Posts
                      Posted: November 24, 2012, 9:45 am - IP Logged

He'd be smarter to invest and put all in the bank.   Then donate each year out of the excess interest and income to charities.   They would appreciate a steady stream better than a one time lump gift!  Plus, he would have back up.   One million won't go far or earn much interest these days of growing inflation!  Even at 5% that would only be 50,000 a year.   Most people aren't interested in living on that small income, of course that is a very large income to me right now.

I Agree!

And he should do his research on where he donates. Well established charity organizations use about 10% of donations to directly fund the causes they promote. If I ever win I just won't be writing blind checks to every big named charity, but I want to support specific initiatives in tangible ways.

You need money for the children's home? How about I renovate the dorms, buy food supplies, etc.

I have worked long and hard with my six psychics to come up with the winning combination!

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2012, 9:50 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

And he should do his research on where he donates. Well established charity organizations use about 10% of donations to directly fund the causes they promote. If I ever win I just won't be writing blind checks to every big named charity, but I want to support specific initiatives in tangible ways.

You need money for the children's home? How about I renovate the dorms, buy food supplies, etc.

I have worked long and hard with my six psychics to come up with the winning combination!

Perhaps donating to a commune for psychics would be wise........What?

Bahamas
                          Member #133462
                          September 30, 2012
                          5946 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2012, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Perhaps donating to a commune for psychics would be wise........What?

There's a novel idea! It won't be tax deductible, but unquestionably a worthy cause.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: November 24, 2012, 10:04 am - IP Logged

There's a novel idea! It won't be tax deductible, but unquestionably a worthy cause.

I think I would first require that they engage in a little friendly competition at:

Do some number combinations have better odds?

To see if they can stack up to the likes of say mcginnin56. or x1kosmic

Bahamas
                              Member #133462
                              September 30, 2012
                              5946 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2012, 10:09 am - IP Logged

I think I would first require that they engage in a little friendly competition at:

Do some number combinations have better odds?

To see if they can stack up to the likes of say mcginnin56. or x1kosmic

Compete with Irish LuckLep? Are you serious? Maybe if I had such rigid screening protocols I would have recruited better psychics and won by now