Welcome Guest
You last visited April 26, 2017, 3:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think we will ever see??

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: November 26, 2012, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

With the powerball rolling to the 4th largest jackpot it's been and the huge 640 million megamillions jackpot we saw this year...Do you think the jackpot will ever roll to the unheard of.........1 BILLION dollar jackpot??  That would be too amazing....what would the cash value be on that....would you go for broke trying to win the biggest jackpot that ever was? I just wonder with all the frenzy we have with this jackpot now....how crazy would it get at the billion dollar jackpot????

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: November 26, 2012, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Yes of course it will. Silly question.  LOL

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10445 Posts
      Posted: November 26, 2012, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure it will ever reach $1,000,000,000,  but if it does I don't think I'd want to win that one unless I was in a state that lets you stay anonymous.

For that amount, that might still be a challenge.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: November 26, 2012, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

I think junkies would give up the habit for that week in pursuit of the dream.

The constitution nor the lottery promises happiness, but they both enable us all to PURSUE IT.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: November 26, 2012, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure it will ever reach $1,000,000,000,  but if it does I don't think I'd want to win that one unless I was in a state that lets you stay anonymous.

You would walk away from $1,000,000,000  to be anonymous. What?

You are already anonymous, so why bother playing??               Roll Eyes

United States
            Member #132675
            September 9, 2012
            49 Posts
            Posted: November 26, 2012, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand why people say they won't play if the jackpot hits a certain high amount, it makes no sense to me. Last year I went on vaction to Florida and we took a water taxi through Fort Lauderdale where the houses on the water were in the tens of millions, but not only that, the taxes on those houses were in the millions of dollars per year! Million of dollars per year just for taxes. Only the ultra rich live there, guy who owns the Sunglass Hut, Hooters restaurant, even the who who invented scratch of tickets (the silver material you apply over the numbers). Long story short, even if you win the lottery I would not consider that person ultra rich. The ultra rich are people who make $300 million or more per year. That's why I don't get why people are afraid of winning say 1 Billion dollars, although after taxes and after all the other players who won second place and smaller prices the jackpot would probably be like $300 million. I want to win the current PB lottery or 1 billion dollars and the first thing I would do is change my phone number. Or better yet not even own a phone, if someone wanted to get a hold of me they would have to do it by email.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19967 Posts
              Posted: November 26, 2012, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

ok, can you mail in the ticket What?

Patriot

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: November 26, 2012, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

ok, can you mail in the ticket What?

Yeah go ahead and mail it....did you see the documentary on the postal workers who love finding birthday cards in the mail cause sometimes they have money in them.....LOL yeah mail that BILLION dollar ticket....first thing anybody's gonna say is " Not responsible for tickets not received by mail"

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: November 26, 2012, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Yes of course it will. Silly question.  LOL

Ok how do you know........for sure???

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    20017 Posts
                    Posted: November 26, 2012, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

I think a PowerBall jackpot will reach that amount sooner or later because its ticket price prevent players from buying enough tickets to generate the kinds of coverage that make it unlikely to ever happen.  Some states are already changing their laws to protect large jackpot winners, once it happens other state will have to do the same if they expect to attract more players when jackpots reach those level.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10445 Posts
                      Posted: November 27, 2012, 1:01 am - IP Logged

mcginnin,

No, if I won it I wouldn't walk away from it, but if it's at $1B I doubt I'd play it.

In Illinois they have these monitors now wherever they sell lotto - '$2725 was won in this store last week '- OK so far. Then they put pictures, first names and last initials up of people who win, and not just jackpots.

At first they put first and last names and hometowns of winners but people contacted Northstar and said please don't be responsible for another Abraham Shakespeare. (Look him up here on LP, in News).

All that considered, I wouldn't want every person in the state who walked by a lottery terminal to see my picture with a caption that said I'd won $1B. You'd be anonymous where they don't know you, but you'd certainly be known locally.

As someone here on LP stated, when you make a score like that you trade one set of problems for another.

I can think of no reason any individual would need $1B.

One of the smartest things I've seen posted here at LP was what you want to do is win after a jackpot like the current one for PB - $425M - gets hit and goes back to the start level. Let the big winner draw all the attention and take you realtively 'few' milliions.

Wink

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6325 Posts
                        Posted: November 27, 2012, 4:20 am - IP Logged

"Do you think we will ever see??" I don't think so but anything is possible. You wanna talk about frenzy that would be CRAZY......

I Love Pink & Green 1908

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                          u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19967 Posts
                          Posted: November 27, 2012, 6:24 am - IP Logged

i play for FUN, Why do you play What?

Patriot

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                            upstate NY
                            United States
                            Member #108791
                            March 31, 2011
                            549 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2012, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if we'll ever see a billion dollar jackpot, but I'm fairly certain we'll see a half-billion dollar cash value, possibly as soon as next year.  I think the current run will end before we get to $500M cash.

Patriot

United States
                              Member #130815
                              July 25, 2012
                              1636 Posts
                              Posted: November 27, 2012, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

mcginnin,

No, if I won it I wouldn't walk away from it, but if it's at $1B I doubt I'd play it.

In Illinois they have these monitors now wherever they sell lotto - '$2725 was won in this store last week '- OK so far. Then they put pictures, first names and last initials up of people who win, and not just jackpots.

At first they put first and last names and hometowns of winners but people contacted Northstar and said please don't be responsible for another Abraham Shakespeare. (Look him up here on LP, in News).

All that considered, I wouldn't want every person in the state who walked by a lottery terminal to see my picture with a caption that said I'd won $1B. You'd be anonymous where they don't know you, but you'd certainly be known locally.

As someone here on LP stated, when you make a score like that you trade one set of problems for another.

I can think of no reason any individual would need $1B.

One of the smartest things I've seen posted here at LP was what you want to do is win after a jackpot like the current one for PB - $425M - gets hit and goes back to the start level. Let the big winner draw all the attention and take you realtively 'few' milliions.

Wink

Lep

Why are u so afraid for your name or photo to be published if you win????.......Please don't use Abraham Shakespeare as an example either....he was a very uneducated,illerate, well-intentioned individual....he got taken advantge of by someone who any other person with common sense would have saw right thru....if you read her story you'll find out she was no mastermind herself....but anyways look at Bill Gates Paul Allen Donald Trump Larry Ellison Mark Cuban.........none of these people have been murdered or majorly bothered by the masses begging for a piece of thier pie....My advice is don't draw extraordinary attention to yourself....because the media is going to bring attention to you anyways...don't run and hide from it....Take a page out of the 80's playbook a Nancy Regan quote actually and...............JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!