Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think we will ever see??

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2012, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Not afraid as much as the desire to keep a low profile.

A couple of ywars ago someone in this area won $4M in the state lottery. Police caught people trying to get into his house.......they were there waiting for them (had been tipped off) and when the bad guys approached the house the police overheard them say, "This is the millionaire's house, let's kill him and take the money".

(As if the winner kept it all in cash in the house, dumb criminals).

You say the media will draw attention to you anyay, this is true, but prior to these monitors in the stores that was basically a one time shot. With them everyone in the state is aware you won. Granted, they dropped the last names and hometowns (which was extremely ignorant from the get go) but there would be no way of keeping a low profile in your home area with your mug and amoubt won on these monitors.

Bang Head

PS,

Illinois is the only state of 50 that does not allow concealed carry. Yet you have to have an FOID card (Firearms owner ID) to buy a gun or ammo. It's the only state with such a card.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:14 am - IP Logged

A couple of ywars ago someone in this area won $4M in the state lottery. Police caught people trying to get into his house.......they were there waiting for them (had been tipped off) and when the bad guys approached the house the police overheard them say, "This is the millionaire's house, let's kill him and take the money".

You say the media will draw attention to you anyay, this is true, but prior to these monitors in the stores that was basically a one time shot. With them everyone in the state is aware you won. Granted, they dropped the last names and hometowns (which was extremely ignorant from the get go) but there would be no way of keeping a low profile in your home area with your mug and amoubt won on these monitors.

Bang Head

PS,

Illinois is the only state of 50 that does not allow concealed carry. Yet you have to have an FOID card (Firearms owner ID) to buy a gun or ammo. It's the only state with such a card.

I see what you're saying coin toss....low profile yes....but if you win this money it's darn near going to be impossible.....and Im'm just saying the unwanted high profile is one problem that I could accept along with my win...Give me the money I will say NO and keep on keeping on

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:20 am - IP Logged

Ok how do you know........for sure???

Have you checked the most recent jackpot lately b2b. What?

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:43 am - IP Logged

I have....have you?.....hadn't seen a billion yet sir.......

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:48 am - IP Logged

I have....have you?.....hadn't seen a billion yet sir.......

Patience, patience.......be prepared for another jackpot "adjustment" soon!  Yes Nod

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:50 am - IP Logged

With the powerball rolling to the 4th largest jackpot it's been and the huge 640 million megamillions jackpot we saw this year...Do you think the jackpot will ever roll to the unheard of.........1 BILLION dollar jackpot??  That would be too amazing....what would the cash value be on that....would you go for broke trying to win the biggest jackpot that ever was? I just wonder with all the frenzy we have with this jackpot now....how crazy would it get at the billion dollar jackpot????

It would already be so if interest rates were higher.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Patience, patience.......be prepared for another jackpot "adjustment" soon!  Yes Nod

Can we get 3/4 billion today????

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:52 am - IP Logged

I don't think its likely they will increase it mid-day do you???

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:56 am - IP Logged

I don't think its likely they will increase it mid-day do you???

We still have over three hours for that decision to come forth.

I think it's very possible probable!!!

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: November 28, 2012, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Bang Head

PS,

If you won the money you could go on a crusade to change your state laws......What?

United States
                      Member #106134
                      February 13, 2011
                      806 Posts
                      Posted: November 28, 2012, 9:50 am - IP Logged

The more tickets that are sold increases the chances they might up the jackpot.  So get out there and buy, buy, buy.  I'm gonna buy about $6 worth here soon.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: November 28, 2012, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Been buying as many as I can rationally justify....... Couple more "Donald's" today will do it for me...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10348 Posts
                          Posted: November 28, 2012, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Ronnie,

Although the state capital is Springfield it's Chicago that runs everything. Good luck changing gun laws.

"The dog barks in Chicago and wags its tail in Springfield", i.e. the rest of us don't even exist.

Here's some trivia for you, people who live in Illinois' seven southernmost counties pay in-state tuition of they go to Kenticky colleges.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: November 28, 2012, 10:48 am - IP Logged

We still have over three hours for that decision to come forth.

I think it's very possible probable!!!

It may go up but it won't hit a billion for 2 more rolls....my opinion not fact and it will hit tonight so no billion this time around....which is why I said in our lifetime do you think we will ever see a billion dollar jackpot??? Me i don't think we will.....but this is one topic I'd love to be proven wrong....LOL

United States
                              Member #130815
                              July 25, 2012
                              1636 Posts
                              Posted: November 29, 2012, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Well now we'll have to wait even longer for that billion dollar jackpot.....My hopes of seeing it in this lifetime......are fading away