Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think Powerball rolls over one more time.

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 4 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Alabama
United States
Member #125065
March 24, 2012
210 Posts
Posted: November 26, 2012, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Tickets being $2 driving alot of people away I wouldnt say away but if this was still a $1 game I would buy 700 tickets now I would only buy 150 tickets  just because im getting less tickets .I would go light on this draw the media really hasnt gotten their hands on this yet at all.Last time the local news was tracking the MM jackpot.I would go light on this draw.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
    Member #133462
    September 30, 2012
    5946 Posts
    Posted: November 26, 2012, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Tickets being $2 driving alot of people away I wouldnt say away but if this was still a $1 game I would buy 700 tickets now I would only buy 150 tickets  just because im getting less tickets .I would go light on this draw the media really hasnt gotten their hands on this yet at all.Last time the local news was tracking the MM jackpot.I would go light on this draw.

I agree with you that the media hasn't ran off the cliff with this JP as yet and that there is an overall impact due to the price increase, but it seeems as though you are employing a losing strategy.

Do you think it's only possible for YOU to win when all combinations are sold out?

Just when the media was readying itself to build the hype around the jackpot, a big man from a small town with his own picks snagged a $337m jackpot.

It can be won any time.

The key is having the winning numbers.

I think that should be your primary focus.

Wink

"Everything works  ONCE!"

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      North Carolina
      United States
      Member #64582
      September 1, 2008
      347 Posts
      Posted: November 26, 2012, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

I think it will be won Wednesday night.

However, I won't check my ticket until Thursday so I can dream one more night that I won...

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19875 Posts
        Posted: November 26, 2012, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

i was just wondering why Alabama don't have Lottery What?

Let it Snow Snowman

FLATRANSPLANT's avatar - yocco
          South Florida
          United States
          Member #71280
          February 22, 2009
          15326 Posts
          Posted: November 26, 2012, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

It's my birthday Wednesday.....11/28....so I beleive I will win the big one.....Party

Beleive in your dreams......

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
            Vancouver, WA
            United States
            Member #53665
            July 15, 2007
            151 Posts
            Posted: November 26, 2012, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

i was just wondering why Alabama don't have Lottery What?

Your lucky to have a greyhound track in Alabama.  Religous right is what is keeping the lottery out.  You can still drive across the state line to Georgia and get tickets there.

Alabama
              United States
              Member #125065
              March 24, 2012
              210 Posts
              Posted: November 26, 2012, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Because people are stupid here.High morals high religious values the Alabama will always be 50 years behind on anything that could benefit the state.They would rather we go to Tennessee or Georgia and help them out I sure do my fair share.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10353 Posts
                Posted: November 27, 2012, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Tennessee was thought to be one of the holdouts on all gambling but it borders 8 states and the state government got tired of seeing all those Tennessee dollars going to other states' lotteries.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: November 27, 2012, 4:43 am - IP Logged

Tennessee was thought to be one of the holdouts on all gambling but it borders 8 states and the state government got tired of seeing all those Tennessee dollars going to other states' lotteries.

Oklahoma was the same way CT... Oklahoma dollars going to Kansas,Missour and Texas

I Love Pink & Green 1908

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #94283
                    July 17, 2010
                    2284 Posts
                    Posted: November 27, 2012, 10:51 am - IP Logged

I was just about to start a post asking if the other state lotteries were advertising this.

Idaho was starting to ramp up advertising when the JP his 100 million or so, but I have seen nary an ad for this run.  Weird.  They are running ads for the raffle.  Maybe all their budget went for that?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                      Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #94283
                      July 17, 2010
                      2284 Posts
                      Posted: November 27, 2012, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I was just about to start a post asking if the other state lotteries were advertising this.

Idaho was starting to ramp up advertising when the JP his 100 million or so, but I have seen nary an ad for this run.  Weird.  They are running ads for the raffle.  Maybe all their budget went for that?

I didn't notice that doesn't make sense till it was too late to edit.

What I meant to say is that in the past Idaho started heavy advertising with their guy dressed up as a huge red ball as soon as the JP hit 100 million.

Kumo's avatar - ebDWVf6 jpg?1

United States
                        Member #122235
                        January 27, 2012
                        172 Posts
                        Posted: November 27, 2012, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I think folks will still spend the same amount of money this time that they did on the record $656M this past March even though they are only getting half the tickets.

Looks like the frenzy is getting started late this time around, but since it ticked up to $500M today the buying frenzy is going to be in full force tonight and especially tomorrow. I expect a minimum of two more jackpot increases, one tomorrow afternoon and the other just after drawing time.

Two winning tickets looks likely on this one.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. ~Ronald Reagan

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." ~Wolfgang von Goethe

"It's preferable to be harmlessly paranoid than fatally stupid."  ~Anonymous

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: November 27, 2012, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

At first will the $2 price tag, I didn't there would be enough tickets sold to get the coverage to have a winner more likely than not and the jackpot might roll again.  But with frenzy that's reported I'm not sure any more.

Maybe I'll buy a couple of tickets just to say I was in it just in case.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10353 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I understand the tickets going from $1 to $2 would put a crunch on system plaers bankrolls but by the same token for people to kvetch about having to spend an extra $1 to win half a billion is really kind of entertaining.

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                              British Columbia
                              Canada
                              Member #116101
                              September 4, 2011
                              4033 Posts
                              Posted: November 27, 2012, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

$711M + What? 1 more roll

"You have to be in it to win it!"