Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I think Powerball rolls over one more time.

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 4 years ago by four4me.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
Member #133462
September 30, 2012
5946 Posts
Posted: November 27, 2012, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

$711M + What? 1 more roll

Do you see the rate of sales? A rollover is not in the stars!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: November 27, 2012, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Harvey went to a liquor store and paid $9.00 for a six pack and $7.53 for a pack of cigaretts. The clerk asked him if he wanted to take a shot at PB, with a $500M jackpot. Harvey said, "Naw, not at $2 a ticket."

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7310 Posts
      Posted: November 27, 2012, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Do you see the rate of sales? A rollover is not in the stars!

The last figure I saw gave a 65% chance of the jackpot being won. It depends on how many tickets are sold by tomorrow night and guessing the QP to self pick ratio is about 95% to 5%.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: November 27, 2012, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

The last figure I saw gave a 65% chance of the jackpot being won. It depends on how many tickets are sold by tomorrow night and guessing the QP to self pick ratio is about 95% to 5%.

That report was at the time of the recent increase. Sales have skyrocketed since and officials are predicting another rollover tomorrow.

Madam Zelda says there's a chance at two increases.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: November 27, 2012, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

I understand the tickets going from $1 to $2 would put a crunch on system plaers bankrolls but by the same token for people to kvetch about having to spend an extra $1 to win half a billion is really kind of entertaining.

Green laugh

I think when the PB jackpot is this high the $2 ticket price will hurt MM sales more because system players will be using all their resources to play PB.  Tickets sales are so brisk that this jackpot might not roll again so if system players want a chance to play for a half billion dollars they go now or wait and hope another chance comes along in six months or more.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8361 Posts
            Posted: November 27, 2012, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

I think when the PB jackpot is this high the $2 ticket price will hurt MM sales more because system players will be using all their resources to play PB.  Tickets sales are so brisk that this jackpot might not roll again so if system players want a chance to play for a half billion dollars they go now or wait and hope another chance comes along in six months or more.

When this drawing is done and over with it will probably be a quick pick that wins the jackpot. 9 out of every 10 players I've seen this past week are buying quick picks.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.