Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why Not Converge PB and MM Into a Super Lotto For All States??

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2012, 8:13 am - IP Logged

Still have the drawings Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday's, but with some improved enhancements:

1. Daily $1 million giveaways from entered losing tickets.

2. Triple all the lower tier prizes. (Example a 3+0 ticket is now worth $21).

3. Increase the minimum jackpot to $50 million.

4. Tickets prices to be set at $2. (No increases for 10 years guaranteed).

No more bailing ship from one game to the next, because of fluctuations in the jackpot, less tickets to fill out, and more attractive prizes.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5588 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2012, 8:24 am - IP Logged

There is going to be a national game, but from what I read it's not going to be like PB or MM. No details were given. Just have to wait and see.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2012, 8:26 am - IP Logged

There is going to be a national game, but from what I read it's not going to be like PB or MM. No details were given. Just have to wait and see.

Does this game involve football. What?

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2012, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Still have the drawings Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday's, but with some improved enhancements:

No more bailing ship from one game to the next, because of fluctuations in the jackpot, less tickets to fill out, and more attractive prizes.

But I like playing two....first the amounts are different and 2 if you don't win on one you might win on the other.....or the odds would be so astronomical but maybe you could win both.....

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2012, 9:59 am - IP Logged

But I like playing two....first the amounts are different and 2 if you don't win on one you might win on the other.....or the odds would be so astronomical but maybe you could win both.....

There is something to be said for diversity. Yes Nod

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23260 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Actually I wrote up a bit about it back in April:  http://www.lotterypost.com/news/245446

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19817 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:09 am - IP Logged

1. PB and MM main objective is making money for the states not rewarding losers.

2. Paying more for lower tier prizes would reduce the jackpot amounts or the states share of sales.

3. Make up your mind, you want larger lower tier prizes or larger jackpots, you can't have both.

4. Why should they guarantee anything for 10 years?  If you don't like the price, don't play.

Don't like filling out play slips?  Buy quick picks or reuse old play slips.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Yeah mcginnin56 You cant have it both ways.... Choose wisely my friend.....

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:26 am - IP Logged

1. PB and MM main objective is making money for the states not rewarding losers.

2. Paying more for lower tier prizes would reduce the jackpot amounts or the states share of sales.

3. Make up your mind, you want larger lower tier prizes or larger jackpots, you can't have both.

4. Why should they guarantee anything for 10 years?  If you don't like the price, don't play.

Don't like filling out play slips?  Buy quick picks or reuse old play slips.

All good points RJ. Speaking for myself, I would still like to see a national game that is run more efficiently, and with less overhead.

With the bureaucratic waste eliminated, I see no reason why we cannot have increased lower tier prizes with the same jackpots.

Where is it written that the states have a guaranteed monopoly on these games?

Change is good, if we don't like the price we don't play, if we don't like the games we don't play.

When it comes to their bottom line, the states will get the message loud and clear.

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Yeah mcginnin56 You cant have it both ways.... Choose wisely my friend.....

Sometimes you can have it both ways, if you are "experienced" enough to know how to get it.  Wink

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:29 am - IP Logged

All good points RJ. Speaking for myself, I would still like to see a national game that is run more efficiently, and with less overhead.

With the bureaucratic waste eliminated, I see no reason why we cannot have increased lower tier prizes with the same jackpots.

Change is good, if we don't like the price we don't play, if we don't like the games we don't play.

When it comes to their bottom line, the states will get the message loud and clear.

a national game that is run more efficiently, and with less overhead.

Green laugh                                     

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19817 Posts
                        Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:34 am - IP Logged

"Where is it written that the states have a guaranteed monopoly on these games?"

Some where in most state laws because anyone starting their own game is usually arrested, taken to jail and the courts sentence them to some prison time for illegal activities..

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                          NY
                          United States
                          Member #121961
                          January 21, 2012
                          3157 Posts
                          Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Sometimes you can have it both ways, if you are "experienced" enough to know how to get it.  Wink

You can get it both ways at Burger King.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19817 Posts
                            Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Green laugh                                     

Taking the profit out of any operation reduces the overhead. Wink

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Green laugh                                     

If you revisit the article Todd wrote back in April, there is cost saving concept called the "National Premium Game".

This addresses the waste and duplicate redundant spending by the states, for the PB and MM games.

Old dogs can sometimes learn new tricks.  Idea