Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question on MM and PB winning tickets

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #132675
September 9, 2012
49 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2012, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking the other day, the people that have won MM and PB in the past, did the majority of them buy just one ticket? As in one easy pick? Or did most of the winners buy 2 or more tickets? From the winning tickets that I have seen the winners had like 4 lines on one ticket. Also, another reason why I am asking is because when I tried the Donald method of buying tickets with my own numbers and the last number being an easy pick, the easy pick contained numbers from the numbers that I have picked.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2012, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking the other day, the people that have won MM and PB in the past, did the majority of them buy just one ticket? As in one easy pick? Or did most of the winners buy 2 or more tickets? From the winning tickets that I have seen the winners had like 4 lines on one ticket. Also, another reason why I am asking is because when I tried the Donald method of buying tickets with my own numbers and the last number being an easy pick, the easy pick contained numbers from the numbers that I have picked.

Unlike the guys in West Virginia a few months ago who bought six PB tickets with the same winning combination of five, most winners cash in just the one winning ticket regardless of the number of tickets they buy so who's to know how many tickets they really bought.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
      Member #134627
      November 2, 2012
      1001 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2012, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Most profits made by lottery from people who buys only one ticket at the time, because they hardly ever win anything. Bring it up to 5 tickets at once, increase your chances.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2012, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Unlike the guys in West Virginia a few months ago who bought six PB tickets with the same winning combination of five, most winners cash in just the one winning ticket regardless of the number of tickets they buy so who's to know how many tickets they really bought.

I Agree!

Even will Donald Lawson who admitted he was a heavy gambler, the lottery only focused on the ticket with the winning numbers. I am sure he played more than those 5 numbers but we will never know.

Do what feels right to you.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19908 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2012, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Even will Donald Lawson who admitted he was a heavy gambler, the lottery only focused on the ticket with the winning numbers. I am sure he played more than those 5 numbers but we will never know.

Do what feels right to you.

Snowman~Happy Birthday~ OB Rudolph

Let it Snow Snowman

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
            Nutley, New Jersey
            United States
            Member #131058
            August 1, 2012
            875 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2012, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

i play a mix of QP and self picks. Sometimes the QPs will look very similar to my picks but other times, they look completely different. I personally think it's random but that's just me.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10354 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2012, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

One lottery report said that the most common jackpot winnining ticket was a $1 QP bought in a gas station / convenience store by someone who had just purchased some kind of orange drink.

I'm not kidding.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Columbia, SC
                United States
                Member #135285
                November 21, 2012
                584 Posts
                Posted: December 3, 2012, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

I don't know how much truth there is to this, but many of my friends will purchase lottery tickets one ticket at a time....they seem to think they get better numbers that way, so if they ever DO win would appear they only purchased a single ticket, but in reality, they'd purchased multiple.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                  upstate NY
                  United States
                  Member #108791
                  March 31, 2011
                  549 Posts
                  Posted: December 3, 2012, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

One lottery report said that the most common jackpot winnining ticket was a $1 QP bought in a gas station / convenience store by someone who had just purchased some kind of orange drink.

I'm not kidding.

Scared

This cannot be.  I usually buy an orange soda or two with my lottery tickets and have yet to win a jackpot.

Today I bought a ginger ale instead.  Clearly this will change my luck.  Dance

Patriot

United States
                    Member #132675
                    September 9, 2012
                    49 Posts
                    Posted: December 3, 2012, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I don't know how much truth there is to this, but many of my friends will purchase lottery tickets one ticket at a time....they seem to think they get better numbers that way, so if they ever DO win would appear they only purchased a single ticket, but in reality, they'd purchased multiple.

I've read this as well. My new stragety is to just buy 1 easy pick/quick pick per game per drawing. I've read that a lot of times it's someone who has never played that won by buying a $1 or $2 ticket, but other times the person who won has several lines on a ticket, so I guess it all just depends.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: December 3, 2012, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Players spending time trying to figure out what winners did to win should spend some time figuring out what they did or didn't do to lose.  Losing is more than just not picking the winning combinations, you should at least be playing in the ball park if you want a chance at winning the game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11983 Posts
                        Posted: December 5, 2012, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Buying more lottery tickets increases your chances of winning? I haven't won a lottery jackpot yet.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: December 5, 2012, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Buying more lottery tickets increases your chances of winning? I haven't won a lottery jackpot yet.

"I haven't won a lottery jackpot yet."

That's cuz you're only going to buy a ticket "someday".

Maybe you'll win a jackpot when "someday" comes and you buy a ticket.

White BounceWhite Bounce

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11983 Posts
                            Posted: December 5, 2012, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

"I haven't won a lottery jackpot yet."

That's cuz you're only going to buy a ticket "someday".

Maybe you'll win a jackpot when "someday" comes and you buy a ticket.

White BounceWhite Bounce

I am buying more lottery tickets to increase my chances of winning like you do.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                              upstate NY
                              United States
                              Member #108791
                              March 31, 2011
                              549 Posts
                              Posted: December 6, 2012, 1:44 am - IP Logged

I am buying more lottery tickets to increase my chances of winning like you do.

That doesn't sound very thrifty.

Patriot