Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you consider someone who won a billion dollar advertised jackpot...

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 4 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19964 Posts
Posted: December 4, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Dont cry......... Your still alive........

animated smileys christmas 2

Let it Snow Snowman

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
    upstate NY
    United States
    Member #108791
    March 31, 2011
    549 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2012, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

I don't whine, that's your M.O.

Want proof? Go look it up, numbnuts.

Then come back and give me a report.

Do it now.

Burden of proof is on the prosecution.  You made the claim, you back it up.

Patriot

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
      upstate NY
      United States
      Member #108791
      March 31, 2011
      549 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2012, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

I heard France's top tax rate will be 75% in a month. The US top tax rate will go up to 39.8% in January. Will 75% happen in the next few years? I don't know.

But that's France, not America.  Francois Hollande is not Barack Obama.  Ol' Greybeard seems to think 75% here in the States is already afoot.  He's wrong, of course.

The US top tax rate will go back to what it was when Clinton was president.  I recall us getting through the '90s just fine, thank you very much.  And it's still some of the lowest tax rates we've had since the US income tax came into existence.

And it's not going to hit 75% here.  Neither party will allow that to happen.  I'd be real surprised if it even got up to 50%.

Patriot

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2012, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

The defense rests your honor.

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2012, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

But that's France, not America.  Francois Hollande is not Barack Obama.  Ol' Greybeard seems to think 75% here in the States is already afoot.  He's wrong, of course.

The US top tax rate will go back to what it was when Clinton was president.  I recall us getting through the '90s just fine, thank you very much.  And it's still some of the lowest tax rates we've had since the US income tax came into existence.

And it's not going to hit 75% here.  Neither party will allow that to happen.  I'd be real surprised if it even got up to 50%.

Yeah i heard somewhere that in the 50s Americans were paying upwards of 90% in taxes....that's how stuff got built....but also people had health from their jobs, almost everybody was working, you could be a one income family so mom could stay home with the kids, people could afford houses and cars and actually pay them off before they retired.....etc.etc..etc..I hope we don't ever go back to that kind of h e double hockey sticks..

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4949 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2012, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Yeah i heard somewhere that in the 50s Americans were paying upwards of 90% in taxes....that's how stuff got built....but also people had health from their jobs, almost everybody was working, you could be a one income family so mom could stay home with the kids, people could afford houses and cars and actually pay them off before they retired.....etc.etc..etc..I hope we don't ever go back to that kind of h e double hockey sticks..

Right BB. Then 50's were great. Women like Sandra Day O'Connor went to law school in the 50's and the first job she was able to get was only as a legal secretary. Some women have minds and want to work and can do both.

J'aime La France.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2012, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Hold on a second mediumbratwurst, while I ask Lonely Loser to get his head out of the way.

OK, now put yours there.

Ready?

Pffffffffffffffffffffffft!

How's that?

Ok, run along now, stupid.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2012, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Don't worry your itsy bitsy little brain now, yacky.

Whether it's 1% or 99%, you'll still be safe and secure in mumsy's trailer.

Now go mix me up a batch of spotted paint.

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
                  NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  12095 Posts
                  Posted: December 5, 2012, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Would you consider someone who won a billion dollar advertised jackpot a billionaire? A billion dollar advertised jackpot would probably be about $654 million lump sum.

Are you serious?

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!