Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Winners want to live Normally...

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 4 years ago by CinCin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 4, 2012, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Yeah, and the old money is always so stingy.......

LOL they squeeze a nickel til the buffalo poops.........

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1649 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2012, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

That makes the most sense rdgrnr......I always wondered why people think its ok to ask a lottery winner for money but they wouldn't dare ask I don't know....Bill Gates or maybe Mark Cuban...or even one of the Wal-mart kids to pay off their credit cards or help them out of debt.....It should be the same whether you win you money or was passed thru the generations to you....I know if I win I'm carrying around copies of Forbes richest list and I'll say..."Work your way thru this list and if they all say no....... then come to me.....and then I'll say no as well.......

Yeah, I believe the deal here is that people feel that because they know you personally, you're somehow obligated to them now that you have money. But, when you were broke and barely makin' it, contact was kept to a minimum more than likely. Even if there was reasonable interaction, they weren't askin' for any money...especially BIG money or special favors like payin' off all their debts. Like you, I still haven't figured that one out.

Those guys in FORBES, they give away money all the time but, it's business. They get to write off and claim very good percentages of what they give. The rich aren't just rich in money...it's lots of assets as well.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1649 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2012, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Want to go down to the local restaurant..... etc etc

WAY WAY too late!!!!!!!!!!

Not another crybaby story??????  Poor me I have all this money.....

Well mark, when you go to the restaurant, make it a very loud point that you will be using a "GROUPON" to pay for dinner. In doing this, you will make people think that you're either on a very tight budget, very smart, or BOTH. If they know you have money, it'll surely give 'em somethin' to talk about because most people with money want to be KNOWN for having it. I choose the opposite.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #4170
        March 27, 2004
        103 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2012, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

I am curious what was the powerball number he chose to see if he was close to the powerball number?

Getting 5 exact balls to match using his own numbers is impressive!

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2012, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I really hope the Hill's will be able to eventually get back to "normal" as possible, but I highly doubt with winning that kind of money, it would be anytime soon (if ever). I don't believe this family played the lottery much, so I'm not so sure if they researched  some of the horror stories out there. When I win (heehee), I am hoping I'd be able to remain as anonymous as possible.

In response to the post above about the man who will continue working after winning a million dollars, I'd probably do the same. Don't get me wrong, a million dollars is alot of money, but sadly these days, it's really not enough for me to consider quitting my job.. <sad face>

You are smart!  A million dollars ain't rich anymore.  If somebody quit working thinking they were rich, they'd be in for a biiiig nasty surprise in a year or two when it was all gone and they were losing that mcmansion they bought on credit.

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11982 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2012, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Want to go down to the local restaurant..... etc etc

WAY WAY too late!!!!!!!!!!

Not another crybaby story??????  Poor me I have all this money.....

Are they moving to another earth like planet?

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

Columbia, SC
              United States
              Member #135285
              November 21, 2012
              584 Posts
              Posted: December 6, 2012, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Oh I've read some horror stories about some who've won , but many happy ones too!!!

One story I read was about someone who won and had people calling and asking for money at all times...One story read where someone from the UK showed up at their house in the US asking for money to invest in their company!! OMG!!

Another person stated someone threatened to kidnap their child for ransom!

I think WHEN i win BIG MONEY, i'm just gonna hire myself a personal law enforcement officer to live on my premises. =) heeheeee