Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery story

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 4, 2012, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

If you win a very large jackpot....or any jackpot for that matter there will be a certain amount of press that is going to come with that....but I think for the most part it a dream for most people and they just like hearing about people like us who win....that's the half normal ones anyways....I mean how many time do people want to hear about when your kids were born, or you being first in line at the new restaurant, establishment,whatever that's come to town....Winning the lottery is a story most people would love to hear as many times as you wanted to tell it......

Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #4170
    March 27, 2004
    103 Posts
    Posted: December 4, 2012, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

If you win a very large jackpot....or any jackpot for that matter there will be a certain amount of press that is going to come with that....but I think for the most part it a dream for most people and they just like hearing about people like us who win....that's the half normal ones anyways....I mean how many time do people want to hear about when your kids were born, or you being first in line at the new restaurant, establishment,whatever that's come to town....Winning the lottery is a story most people would love to hear as many times as you wanted to tell it......

After the press is done, the first thing I will do is pay off my car and then second thing I will do is go into hiding

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2012, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

After the press is done, the first thing I will do is pay off my car and then second thing I will do is go into hiding

Tisk Tisk don't hide embrace your new found freedom......financial that is..........I mean people who kill people should go into hiding...not people who haven't done anything wrong.....

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2012, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Every other day on LP there is one thread or the other that addresses the adjustment process of a newly minted millionaire.

I won't have a lottery story. Even if people knew I won I would give a cryptic smile in response to whatever they could possibly ask in this regard.

They would quickly get the message that I am not prepared to talk about it. These types of conversations often lead to unrealistic and outrageous requests. Beyond that, I won't be a "poppy show" at parties.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2012, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Tisk Tisk don't hide embrace your new found freedom......financial that is..........I mean people who kill people should go into hiding...not people who haven't done anything wrong.....

Well yeah ....... and roads should be paved with gold ...... road signs should be lollipops ......... and money should grow on trees too .....

Roll Eyes

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5118 Posts
            Posted: December 4, 2012, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Well yeah ....... and roads should be paved with gold ...... road signs should be lollipops ......... and money should grow on trees too .....

Roll Eyes

HOLK:

Psyko's ###NO'$$$$$RRRHOT RED HOT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Partythank's but, UR not Psyko!!!!!!!

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: December 4, 2012, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

There should be a fictional version of these I won the lottery shows.

People wouldn't care if it was real or not, it's all a big fantasy for most people anyways.

At least the actors could do a much better job than some of those toothless, brainless, bonehead characters, that actually won the lottery.  Troll

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: December 4, 2012, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

There should be a fictional version of these I won the lottery shows.

People wouldn't care if it was real or not, it's all a big fantasy for most people anyways.

At least the actors could do a much better job than some of those toothless, brainless, bonehead characters, that actually won the lottery.  Troll

That our America ........and America is made up of all kinds of people.........good.......bad .......and the down right ugly.......LOL

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10348 Posts
                  Posted: December 4, 2012, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Art Bell, former host of late night radio's Coast to Coast A.M., had a theory that lottery winners were actually time travelers.

If I absolutley had to go to a press conference I think I'd go with that story, might even call myself John Titor.

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11978 Posts
                    Posted: December 5, 2012, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

"Winning the lottery is a story most people would love to hear as many times as you wanted to tell it."

Are you living on planet earth?

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
                      Member #130815
                      July 25, 2012
                      1636 Posts
                      Posted: December 6, 2012, 8:41 am - IP Logged

"Winning the lottery is a story most people would love to hear as many times as you wanted to tell it."

Are you living on planet earth?

How many times do the play the show "Lottery changed my life"....how many times did Jack Whittaker do interviews when he won......How many times did they show lottery winners stories while disscussing the latest huge jackpot on....GMA, Fox News, Dateline Primetime and a host of others....yeah people love hearing about lottery winners stories......Are YOU living on planet earth??

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #94283
                        July 17, 2010
                        2284 Posts
                        Posted: December 6, 2012, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

HOLK:

Psyko's ###NO'$$$$$RRRHOT RED HOT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Partythank's but, UR not Psyko!!!!!!!

I don't completely understand this post, but I think I just got a beatdown from Psykomo.  Chair

Columbia, SC
                          United States
                          Member #135285
                          November 21, 2012
                          584 Posts
                          Posted: December 6, 2012, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine and her husband won 19.5 million in another state's lottery about 10 years ago...after taking a lumpson and deducting taxes, i think they ended up with between 7-9 mil. (can't remember exactly)..anyway, it was big news for our town, and despite the money, they've kept their lives the same, except the husband had to end up selling his business to his nephew because all his customers stopped doing business with him after he won...(it was aa auto glass repair business)....guess his customers figured he didn't need the money....Downside to this is...he really loved what he did and it hurt his pride when he felt he couldn't make continue to make it successful....They live in the same house; however, "she" became different in many ways...ways I won't go into on here, but our friendship ended up dissolving....The husband stopped by my house a few weeks ago...hadn't seen him in 2 years....I asked how his wife was doing and he said all she does is sit on the back porch and smoke cigarettes all day. =(

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: December 7, 2012, 7:37 am - IP Logged

A friend of mine and her husband won 19.5 million in another state's lottery about 10 years ago...after taking a lumpson and deducting taxes, i think they ended up with between 7-9 mil. (can't remember exactly)..anyway, it was big news for our town, and despite the money, they've kept their lives the same, except the husband had to end up selling his business to his nephew because all his customers stopped doing business with him after he won...(it was aa auto glass repair business)....guess his customers figured he didn't need the money....Downside to this is...he really loved what he did and it hurt his pride when he felt he couldn't make continue to make it successful....They live in the same house; however, "she" became different in many ways...ways I won't go into on here, but our friendship ended up dissolving....The husband stopped by my house a few weeks ago...hadn't seen him in 2 years....I asked how his wife was doing and he said all she does is sit on the back porch and smoke cigarettes all day. =(

People can be a little fussy sometimes...     http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48f_1279224025

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10348 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

How many times do the play the show "Lottery changed my life"....how many times did Jack Whittaker do interviews when he won......How many times did they show lottery winners stories while disscussing the latest huge jackpot on....GMA, Fox News, Dateline Primetime and a host of others....yeah people love hearing about lottery winners stories......Are YOU living on planet earth??

billionaire2bee,

Using Jack Whitaker as an example to make your point here isn't exactly proof that you are living on planet Earth.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.