Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery story

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
rekjavik
Iceland
Member #99537
October 27, 2010
177 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2012, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine and her husband won 19.5 million in another state's lottery about 10 years ago...after taking a lumpson and deducting taxes, i think they ended up with between 7-9 mil. (can't remember exactly)..anyway, it was big news for our town, and despite the money, they've kept their lives the same, except the husband had to end up selling his business to his nephew because all his customers stopped doing business with him after he won...(it was aa auto glass repair business)....guess his customers figured he didn't need the money....Downside to this is...he really loved what he did and it hurt his pride when he felt he couldn't make continue to make it successful....They live in the same house; however, "she" became different in many ways...ways I won't go into on here, but our friendship ended up dissolving....The husband stopped by my house a few weeks ago...hadn't seen him in 2 years....I asked how his wife was doing and he said all she does is sit on the back porch and smoke cigarettes all day. =(

Nice story But ,

Im more interested of why he was at your house after two years.?Sulk Off

That part stuck out to me.... Cheers

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

Columbia, SC
    United States
    Member #135285
    November 21, 2012
    584 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2012, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Ahhhh!! To answer that question...

We hadn't talked to either one of them in a couple of years and he happened to driving down the road I live on and saw me in the yard watering my plants and decided to pull in ....

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      rekjavik
      Iceland
      Member #99537
      October 27, 2010
      177 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2012, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Ahhhh!! To answer that question...

We hadn't talked to either one of them in a couple of years and he happened to driving down the road I live on and saw me in the yard watering my plants and decided to pull in ....

Ahh...ok... ROFL... even the reply is funny... ROFL...

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine and her husband won 19.5 million in another state's lottery about 10 years ago...after taking a lumpson and deducting taxes, i think they ended up with between 7-9 mil. (can't remember exactly)..anyway, it was big news for our town, and despite the money, they've kept their lives the same, except the husband had to end up selling his business to his nephew because all his customers stopped doing business with him after he won...(it was aa auto glass repair business)....guess his customers figured he didn't need the money....Downside to this is...he really loved what he did and it hurt his pride when he felt he couldn't make continue to make it successful....They live in the same house; however, "she" became different in many ways...ways I won't go into on here, but our friendship ended up dissolving....The husband stopped by my house a few weeks ago...hadn't seen him in 2 years....I asked how his wife was doing and he said all she does is sit on the back porch and smoke cigarettes all day. =(

Well how are they doing now? Do they still have their money...what happened to the wife why is she just sitting aroung smoking? Did she become disilliousioned somehow??

Columbia, SC
          United States
          Member #135285
          November 21, 2012
          584 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2012, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Billionaire2bee...I honestly didn't discuss the money except asked him if they were enjoying life or taking trips. I tried not to bring the subject up, but I'd heard awhile back (from his cousin) that they had invested alot of it in condos at Myrtle Beach, SC. The day he stopped by, he was driving a beautiful 67 camaro that he'd just purchased and admitted to me that until this purchase, he'd still been driving the same pickup truck he had the last time he saw us. They still live in the same house they lived in when they hit the lottery, and to my knowlege, still kept their lives as simple as possible. When I asked him how "Vee" (his wife) was doing, his reply to me was what I stated previously. I didn't dwelve into what he meant by his statement, but personally, I took it in a way that she didn't seem to be really enjoying a life of financial freedom, but then again, maybe "sitting on the back porch smoking cigarettes all day" is what brings her happiness. I certainly would be spending my time differently if it were me, but to each is own I guess.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2012, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Billionaire2bee...I honestly didn't discuss the money except asked him if they were enjoying life or taking trips. I tried not to bring the subject up, but I'd heard awhile back (from his cousin) that they had invested alot of it in condos at Myrtle Beach, SC. The day he stopped by, he was driving a beautiful 67 camaro that he'd just purchased and admitted to me that until this purchase, he'd still been driving the same pickup truck he had the last time he saw us. They still live in the same house they lived in when they hit the lottery, and to my knowlege, still kept their lives as simple as possible. When I asked him how "Vee" (his wife) was doing, his reply to me was what I stated previously. I didn't dwelve into what he meant by his statement, but personally, I took it in a way that she didn't seem to be really enjoying a life of financial freedom, but then again, maybe "sitting on the back porch smoking cigarettes all day" is what brings her happiness. I certainly would be spending my time differently if it were me, but to each is own I guess.

Yeah I would be spending my time differently too.....LOL but I guessif something ever really heurt me deep down inside I guess no amount of money would be able to fix that.....but I have to say I'd LOVE to find out...LOL