Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jersey anonymity

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 4 years ago by haymaker.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Oklahoma
United States
Member #4170
March 27, 2004
103 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2012, 1:06 am - IP Logged

How would they know I haven't signed it?? How would they know where to find if even if I haven't signed it?? and what if they found it but I had already signed it....then what

They would not know if you sign it but they will try to find everywhere they can and if they found it and you had already signed it then they will cash it in unless they ask for id then they would be out of luck

Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #4170
    March 27, 2004
    103 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2012, 1:10 am - IP Logged

I see that you're a tad confused by how the process works, so I'll try to keep this simple.

In states where the lottery requires that your name be released to the public they only release your name they find out who you are. They find out who you are when you claim the prize. You know, by giving them the ticket. There is no requirement for you to boast about it before hand, or to leave the ticket laying around the house while making announcements that you won the lottery and  have the ticket just laying around.

Sure, there is no requirements but they can still do it and bad things can happen, look at the couple who announced to everybody and then bam, they got murdered who tried to search for the lottery ticket

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2012, 8:58 am - IP Logged

They would not know if you sign it but they will try to find everywhere they can and if they found it and you had already signed it then they will cash it in unless they ask for id then they would be out of luck

"IF" they ask??? IF seriously??? comon you just won millions of dollars and you think they may not ask for i.d.??? There is no chance of that....heck you can't cash a $5 check at a bank (if you don't have an account there...some even still) without i.d.....much less trying to cash in a multi-million dollar lottery ticket....

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3850 Posts
        Posted: December 5, 2012, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

@ ronnie316, thanks for stars.Smile

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10344 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2012, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Not just Jersey, but even though of the lottery states there are only four that allow remaining anonymous, isn't not allowing it mostly self-promotion on the part of the lotteries?

Just as a thought, when there are numerous accidents or a tragic death at an intersection or railroad crossing, stop lighgts or signals go up, right?

So how many horror stories before something happens "all statess" with lotteries?

I keep thinking about this Jersey one year thing and you'd almost have to relocate, go to the mattresses, something.

Anyone familiar with Eden Press' book How To Dissapear And Not Leave A Trace?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11974 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2012, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Just read in today's paper, 1 yr anonymity has passed in the assembly and now goes to the senate.

Did people stop playing the New Jersey lottery?

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3850 Posts
              Posted: December 7, 2012, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Did people stop playing the New Jersey lottery?

No, but the state is considering allowing winners to be anonymous for 1 year after winning,

possibly encouraging more play.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3850 Posts
                Posted: December 7, 2012, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Not just Jersey, but even though of the lottery states there are only four that allow remaining anonymous, isn't not allowing it mostly self-promotion on the part of the lotteries?

Just as a thought, when there are numerous accidents or a tragic death at an intersection or railroad crossing, stop lighgts or signals go up, right?

So how many horror stories before something happens "all statess" with lotteries?

I keep thinking about this Jersey one year thing and you'd almost have to relocate, go to the mattresses, something.

Anyone familiar with Eden Press' book How To Dissapear And Not Leave A Trace?

I could understand lotteries doing that when they started, cause ppl. did'nt trust it.

but that has long since past.

and yes the only time problems are worked on is when they draw attention.

I'll have to check out that book, sounds like a interesting read, even if you don't want to disappear.

you're one of few ppl. on here that call it Jersey w/out the new,

for the benefit of others that means he is from here or used to live here.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2012, 7:37 am - IP Logged

I could understand lotteries doing that when they started, cause ppl. did'nt trust it.

but that has long since past.

and yes the only time problems are worked on is when they draw attention.

I'll have to check out that book, sounds like a interesting read, even if you don't want to disappear.

you're one of few ppl. on here that call it Jersey w/out the new,

for the benefit of others that means he is from here or used to live here.

I call it Joyzee.

If it was good enough for Norton, it's good enough for me.

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3850 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2012, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Just found out, this passed unanimous in the assembly 76-0

Now it has to get through the senate.

United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3850 Posts
                      Posted: December 8, 2012, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I call it Joyzee.

If it was good enough for Norton, it's good enough for me.

Good old Norton, "hey Ralph, I got on the wrong bus, wound up in bayonne ! LOL

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                        Member #133462
                        September 30, 2012
                        5946 Posts
                        Posted: December 8, 2012, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Just read in today's paper, 1 yr anonymity has passed in the assembly and now goes to the senate.

Congrats NJ!

This takes you one step closer

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3850 Posts
                          Posted: December 9, 2012, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Congrats NJ!

This takes you one step closer

Yeah, as I mentioned to others, the only way to change things here is to do it in small steps.

United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3850 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2012, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

You could become a Tibetan Monk and go into a deep deep permanent seclusion.....  What?

I wonder what a tibetan monk would do w/a big JP,

I mean, don't monks make beer by daylight and pray by candlelight ?

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2012, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

I wonder what a tibetan monk would do w/a big JP,

I mean, don't monks make beer by daylight and pray by candlelight ?

Anonymity is the goal here. What the monks do to each other at night is a personal matter...... What?