Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has Anyone Ever Won by Buying Just One Line/One Ticket?

Topic closed. 66 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #132675
September 9, 2012
49 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I'm having a hard time finding MM and PB jackpot winners who won by buying just one line. The guy who won the $587.5 million Powerball bought 5 tickets.  It shouldn't make a difference if a guy buys 1 or 100 tickets right? Let's try to find some lottey jackpot winners who won with just one line ok? I'm debating if it's even worth it to buy 1 line per game or if I should buy 5 lines.

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11978 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2012, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I'm having a hard time finding MM and PB jackpot winners who won by buying just one line. The guy who won the $587.5 million Powerball bought 5 tickets.  It shouldn't make a difference if a guy buys 1 or 100 tickets right? Let's try to find some lottey jackpot winners who won with just one line ok? I'm debating if it's even worth it to buy 1 line per game or if I should buy 5 lines.

Buying more lottery tickets increases your chances of winning.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2012, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Weren't you satisfied with the answers you got in your other thread?      http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/253871

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2012, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Here's one:

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/251832

This question does seem familiar and as I said in that thread no one can ever know, but the player how many tickets/lines were played. Most people do not want to be perceived as compulsive gamblers.

If I ever won i can claim I bought one ticket as I play my lines separately.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

COLUMBUS
          United States
          Member #136057
          December 2, 2012
          10 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2012, 10:58 am - IP Logged

In the grand scheme of things, and statistics backs this up, buying 1 ticket or 1000 tickets doesn't really matter.  Buying 1000 powerball lotto ticket instead of just one does not increase your odds of winning the jackpot by any significant amount.  Your best bet is to buy 1 ticket if any at all.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
            Member #133462
            September 30, 2012
            5946 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:10 am - IP Logged

In the grand scheme of things, and statistics backs this up, buying 1 ticket or 1000 tickets doesn't really matter.  Buying 1000 powerball lotto ticket instead of just one does not increase your odds of winning the jackpot by any significant amount.  Your best bet is to buy 1 ticket if any at all.

Statistics are relative!

Most people who buy multiple lines on one ticket and win rarely win the JP off line A.

So what if they didn't buy those additional lines of QPs or self picks? Then what?

"Everything works  ONCE!"

COLUMBUS
              United States
              Member #136057
              December 2, 2012
              10 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:15 am - IP Logged

How can you make that statement? Have you have gathered 10,000 of thousands of results of people  who have played multiple lines and won the jackpot and have analyzed the results that show line A "rarely" wins?

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11978 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Why buy a single line? He can't see himself winning with a single line.

US Flag

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:20 am - IP Logged

You are obviously NOT a betting man... (or girl)

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11978 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Statistics are relative!

Most people who buy multiple lines on one ticket and win rarely win the JP off line A.

So what if they didn't buy those additional lines of QPs or self picks? Then what?

The cause and effect? I have to agree. You can win on line A with a $10 powerball ticket, but we do not know if it would had happen with a single line.

US Flag

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:24 am - IP Logged

The cause and effect? I have to agree. You can win on line A with a $10 powerball ticket, but we do not know if it would had happen with a single line.

With QPs the numbers will be different if you change the instant in time that you buy the ticket.....

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11978 Posts
                        Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:26 am - IP Logged

USA lotteries will have a $5 minimum to play online. The Illinois lottery requires a minimum purchase of $5 to play lottery games online. I guess you will never buy lottery tickets over the Internet.lol

US Flag

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Where did the statisticians who back your statements learn math?  Or did you just make that up?  If they don't know the difference between 1:175M and 1000:175M then they don't know math.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11978 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:29 am - IP Logged

With QPs the numbers will be different if you change the instant in time that you buy the ticket.....

Do you time your lottery playing? Man, I don't know what to think anymore.

I just play the lottery once a month.lol

US Flag

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Where did the statisticians who back your statements learn math?  Or did you just make that up?  If they don't know the difference between 1:175M and 1000:175M then they don't know math.

I Agree! Any excuse will do when it comes to being cheap and stingy.......