Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A friend of mine has this particular outlook when purchasing tickets.

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 4 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia, SC
United States
Member #135285
November 21, 2012
584 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:26 am - IP Logged

The most recent story about the lottery winner who has been playing the same numbers for years prompted with me to share this tidbit of information.

I have a friend who is a teacher who doesn't play the lottery much, but when she does, she plays the same numbers. What is interesting was her "outlook" pertaining to this.  She says that when she administers a mulitiple choice test and if students cannot use the process of elimination method for an answer she advises them to choose the same answer (either A,B,C) for each unknown question. I know most of us have heard the "always choose C" approach in the past, but she says it doesn't matter if  you choose A, B, or C, just choose one and stick to it for all of them. She went on to say that she feels it is better for the student not to be all over the place with different selections, and staying in one spot  increases their chances on being right at some point, which is why she applies this approach when selecting her lottery numbers.... 

Just thought I'd share to see if any others have similiar thoughts.......

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:34 am - IP Logged

The most recent story about the lottery winner who has been playing the same numbers for years prompted with me to share this tidbit of information.

I have a friend who is a teacher who doesn't play the lottery much, but when she does, she plays the same numbers. What is interesting was her "outlook" pertaining to this.  She says that when she administers a mulitiple choice test and if students cannot use the process of elimination method for an answer she advises them to choose the same answer (either A,B,C) for each unknown question. I know most of us have heard the "always choose C" approach in the past, but she says it doesn't matter if  you choose A, B, or C, just choose one and stick to it for all of them. She went on to say that she feels it is better for the student not to be all over the place with different selections, and staying in one spot  increases their chances on being right at some point, which is why she applies this approach when selecting her lottery numbers.... 

I do that with my birthday/lucky numbers but I also play a line of QP's.

COLUMBUS
      United States
      Member #136057
      December 2, 2012
      10 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:37 am - IP Logged

She isn't a math teacher is she, lol.

Columbia, SC
        United States
        Member #135285
        November 21, 2012
        584 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:39 am - IP Logged

HAHA...no she isn't...I started to include that in the original post because felt someone might ask! LOLOLOLOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:45 am - IP Logged

If your teacher friend ever has to take a teacher competent test, she'll be looking for another job.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Columbia, SC
            United States
            Member #135285
            November 21, 2012
            584 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Awwww RJOh!! That wasn't nice!!! <frown>

United States
              Member #135278
              November 20, 2012
              85 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Yes choosing thte same answer is good for odds based on where the correct answers will fall similar to roulette wheel if u know what i mean

Columbia, SC
                United States
                Member #135285
                November 21, 2012
                584 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:50 am - IP Logged

As a matter of fact, LotteryWorker2, for the very first time, I actually DO know what you mean!! LOLOLOL

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                  Member #133462
                  September 30, 2012
                  5946 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2012, 11:58 am - IP Logged

The difference between the oracle and the teacher however is that you play your regular numbers consistently. I hope this teacher keeps a bottle of aspirin handy should her numbers ever come up and she doesn't have them in play!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2012, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

The difference between the oracle and the teacher however is that you play your regular numbers consistently. I hope this teacher keeps a bottle of aspirin handy should her numbers ever come up and she doesn't have them in play!

Roger that, OB.

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11979 Posts
                      Posted: December 8, 2012, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I do not think that the lottery main computer was programmed with your birthday.lol,lol

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
                        Member #135278
                        November 20, 2012
                        85 Posts
                        Posted: December 8, 2012, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Too the people with 1k or more post on this fourm u guys have to had to win the lottery.

U guys are financial free too post every day congrats too u guys man.

I hope to also get a win someday :)

Im gonna post everyday also with my free time when i get a win.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11979 Posts
                          Posted: December 8, 2012, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

I see a lottery post member winning a lottery jackpot someday.

Am I an Oracle?  No.

US Flag

ashabug725's avatar - Yavill
                            Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #122868
                            February 9, 2012
                            322 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2012, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

That's how I've always been... If I don't know the answers on a test, or enough to make an educated guess, I always pick "C".. providing there is a "C"

I wish I may, I wish I might...
                                       Win the Powerball jackpot THIS big night!!!

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11979 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2012, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Too the people with 1k or more post on this fourm u guys have to had to win the lottery.

U guys are financial free too post every day congrats too u guys man.

I hope to also get a win someday :)

Im gonna post everyday also with my free time when i get a win.

You should play the lottery someday.Good luck.

US Flag