Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

powerball taxes?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
cornwall,ct
United States
Member #102636
December 23, 2010
245 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2012, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Good point though...... Why should you have to pay state tax on the portion that is federal tax????/

I mean after your pants have been pulled down by the feds, the state says "dont pull them up yet"??

LOLLOLLOL. Now that was funny.good one.

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2012, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

So y'all are saying if you resided in Maryland, you wouldn't prefer to buy your ticket in Delaware, which allows anonymous claiming of prizes? That's something that you should only have to think about if, and at the time, you win isn't it? Would you prefer to buy your ticket in Pennsylvania, which allows claiming by any legal entity (including corporation) and has 0% state income tax on lottery winnings vs. Virginia, with a 4% rate and which forces you to take a photo and more than likely forces you to attend a press conference if you win (based on the language on their FAQ)?

I wouldn't care no.....I live in NC and we have no anonymous law...They're gonna release your name and face I believe...and it doesn't bother me...and neither will anybody else...

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2012, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Good point though...... Why should you have to pay state tax on the portion that is federal tax????/

I mean after your pants have been pulled down by the feds, the state says "dont pull them up yet"??

Yeah each one taxes the whole amount...like salary they don't care who taxed what already just give them their money...