Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you still...??

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 12, 2012, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

If you won a big jackpot or even the base amount jackpot....would you still play the lottery??? I might just play PB or MM when it surpasses the amount that I'd won...but other than that I'd probaly buy alot of scratch-offs....I kinda like knowing instanteously if i've won or lost....but yeah playing scratch-off a bunch at a time more than the 3 or 4 at a time that I buy when I buy now...I'd love to just buy maybe a whole roll every now and again and not put a major dent in my pocket...

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3850 Posts
    Posted: December 12, 2012, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

If you won a big jackpot or even the base amount jackpot....would you still play the lottery??? I might just play PB or MM when it surpasses the amount that I'd won...but other than that I'd probaly buy alot of scratch-offs....I kinda like knowing instanteously if i've won or lost....but yeah playing scratch-off a bunch at a time more than the 3 or 4 at a time that I buy when I buy now...I'd love to just buy maybe a whole roll every now and again and not put a major dent in my pocket...

Just this A.M. I was thinking of putting up the same basic ?

I would probably take a breather, but I'm not sure I'd quit, been playing 40 years, quite a habit.

The thing is you know the odds are long, and hitting big twice is incalculable,

OTOH now you can afford so much more, so why not contribute to the JP ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
      Member #132675
      September 9, 2012
      49 Posts
      Posted: December 12, 2012, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

If I wont the jackpot (big or small).................. I would stop playing the lottery because it is bothersome checking online to see if you won......I think if I won that much money I would enjoy it and not waste time buying more tickets............there's a guy on here who won 2nd prize in a major lottery game...........................what are the chances he'll win the jackpot? By the way I like your writing style..............keep it up................................................

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #133462
        September 30, 2012
        5946 Posts
        Posted: December 12, 2012, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Another nice thread B2B

I agree with Haymaker.

I would want to hit it twice so people can look at me like an alien from outter space. Here's the man who finally has a REAL system that works.

Everyone would want to interview me. Dang if CNN refers to that clown who won the Florida Fantasy Five and Play 4 Twice as an "expert", what would they call me?

"Everything works  ONCE!"

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2012, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

I would keep playing it.  Getting out to get my tickets gives me a reason to take a walk several times a week.  But I wouldn't keep it if I won -- I'd give the ticket to my favorite charity which could cash it without paying taxes.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3850 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2012, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I would keep playing it.  Getting out to get my tickets gives me a reason to take a walk several times a week.  But I wouldn't keep it if I won -- I'd give the ticket to my favorite charity which could cash it without paying taxes.

X- idea.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2012, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Another nice thread B2B

I agree with Haymaker.

I would want to hit it twice so people can look at me like an alien from outter space. Here's the man who finally has a REAL system that works.

Everyone would want to interview me. Dang if CNN refers to that clown who won the Florida Fantasy Five and Play 4 Twice as an "expert", what would they call me?

Why thank you sir...You talking about Richard Lustig...who won lotto 7 times...yeah i think "expert" was his word LOL

Columbia, SC
                United States
                Member #135285
                November 21, 2012
                584 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2012, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

My lottery days will be OVERRRRRRRRR when I WIN!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1648 Posts
                  Posted: December 12, 2012, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I think that it would be the time to play only the "Big Boy" scratch tickets since money wouldn't be an object. The odds would be reasonably better, and, the overall return over time will crush PB and MM's every time. It's extremely difficult to even get the lowest payout on those games...while high dollar scratch-offs are quick to return $10-$20 if not more. Hands down way to go for me... helps to "spread the luck around" in this aspect.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: December 13, 2012, 4:04 am - IP Logged

Nope I'm done.....White Bounce

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: December 13, 2012, 4:05 am - IP Logged

Personally, I think that it would be the time to play only the "Big Boy" scratch tickets since money wouldn't be an object. The odds would be reasonably better, and, the overall return over time will crush PB and MM's every time. It's extremely difficult to even get the lowest payout on those games...while high dollar scratch-offs are quick to return $10-$20 if not more. Hands down way to go for me... helps to "spread the luck around" in this aspect.

L.L.

That's a good idea LL, I always wanted to try one of those $50 scratchers in Texas..

I Love Pink & Green 1908

East of Columbus, OH
                        United States
                        Member #120843
                        December 28, 2011
                        447 Posts
                        Posted: December 13, 2012, 7:54 am - IP Logged

Yes I would keep playing.  I want to win the MM and PB twice.

Because after that happens I will get to hear about how unfair it is and I will just laugh hysterically from my beach in Hawaii.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Evil

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40262 Posts
                          Posted: December 13, 2012, 7:56 am - IP Logged

I'd still play the 3 digit, the thrill of the chase.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: December 13, 2012, 10:03 am - IP Logged

id put min entry  on for 20 years in advance on each game i play, and same for everyone i care about. that'll be ummm...  $10k taken care of.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19727 Posts
                              Posted: December 13, 2012, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

yes, i would still play as i do now in every state i travel to....Banana

maybe would buy more of the bigger scratch tickets though.

Let it Snow Snowman