Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OK a little weirdness in the mix...

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 13, 2012, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Ok had a very weird thought...LOL....I was thinking if i won a jackpot with a whole lot of disposable income....let's say 125 million after tax...What is something weird i could get into....Now I was watching t.v. and the show Storage Wars was on....I thought it would be funny to start buying storage lockers like the guys on the show.....What are some other reality shows could you think of that would be fun as someone who has some disposable income..Now you don't have to want to be ON the show or any for that matter...this is just a hypothetical now...DO NOT overthink it.....

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40377 Posts
    Posted: December 13, 2012, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Ok had a very weird thought...LOL....I was thinking if i won a jackpot with a whole lot of disposable income....let's say 125 million after tax...What is something weird i could get into....Now I was watching t.v. and the show Storage Wars was on....I thought it would be funny to start buying storage lockers like the guys on the show.....What are some other reality shows could you think of that would be fun as someone who has some disposable income..Now you don't have to want to be ON the show or any for that matter...this is just a hypothetical now...DO NOT overthink it.....

Staying on topic, weird is correct, if I had 125 million in disposable income I would be laying on a warm beach with a cold drink and tasty snacks nearby watching dolphins jump the waves.

But if going through storage lockers is your thing, have at it.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19771 Posts
      Posted: December 13, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

wish you were there with all your money LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR7qxtgCgY

Let it Snow Snowman

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
        Texas
        United States
        Member #92330
        June 5, 2010
        887 Posts
        Posted: December 13, 2012, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

It would be an interesting hobby, no doubt, but I think I'd go mainly for fishing. Not really 'weird', but it's the only hobby/activity I'd get into the most besides computer building (I have plans that if I win, I'd build a PC for every family member).

u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19771 Posts
          Posted: December 13, 2012, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

that show is fake,lol

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/storage-wars-star-files-lawsuit-claiming-show-fake/story?id=17948408

but i guess people who are sitting around watching tv would start to believe most anything..Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: December 13, 2012, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

wish you were there with all your money LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR7qxtgCgY

They were stranded on that island for 5 years, yet even though they wore the same clothes, they were always in perfect condition. I guess the ACME company was on the other side of the island.  Green laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmNsObZfD2s

East of Columbus, OH
              United States
              Member #120843
              December 28, 2011
              447 Posts
              Posted: December 13, 2012, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Buy the best night vision gear and sound gear and go Squatch hunting.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19771 Posts
                Posted: December 13, 2012, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

They were stranded on that island for 5 years, yet even though they wore the same clothes, they were always in perfect condition. I guess the ACME company was on the other side of the island.  Green laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmNsObZfD2s

el spanglish LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: December 13, 2012, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

that show is fake,lol

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/storage-wars-star-files-lawsuit-claiming-show-fake/story?id=17948408

but i guess people who are sitting around watching tv would start to believe most anything..Green laugh

Yeah it is fake......... but its like people on the internet

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: December 13, 2012, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Staying on topic, weird is correct, if I had 125 million in disposable income I would be laying on a warm beach with a cold drink and tasty snacks nearby watching dolphins jump the waves.

But if going through storage lockers is your thing, have at it.

Re-read the post you missed the point...again

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4786 Posts
                      Posted: December 13, 2012, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I would be an appraiser on Antiques Road Show.

J'aime La France.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10348 Posts
                        Posted: December 13, 2012, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Time travel.

Another would be to open a lottery store that sold way more than just tickets.

Everyday there would be a guest giving a class. One day would be a numerologist, another an astrologer, etc....

Also once in a while a lawyer or financial planner telling people what they really need to do should they hit.

There would also be talismans and such for sale.

I guess it might be like a brick and mortar version of LP's Mystical.

So as not to be buzzed hundreds of times a day by people looking for a bankroll to test their systems to do this you'd have to be a silent partner or somehow not let anyone know you had won a jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #130815
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: December 13, 2012, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

I would be an appraiser on Antiques Road Show.

Oooh awesome idea Artist!! I could bring you my finds from the lockers I buy LOL

u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19771 Posts
                            Posted: December 13, 2012, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Yeah it is fake......... but its like people on the internet

i know right

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: December 13, 2012, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

I have thought about buying every on old Mustang I can get my hands on and start doing restorations.