Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OK a little weirdness in the mix...

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2012, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Staying on topic, weird is correct, if I had 125 million in disposable income I would be laying on a warm beach with a cold drink and tasty snacks nearby watching dolphins jump the waves.

But if going through storage lockers is your thing, have at it.

I Agree!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 14, 2012, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Somehow I think your the one who missed the point billionaire2bee

I Agree!

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40262 Posts
      Posted: December 14, 2012, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Ok had a very weird thought...LOL....I was thinking if i won a jackpot with a whole lot of disposable income....let's say 125 million after tax...What is something weird i could get into....Now I was watching t.v. and the show Storage Wars was on....I thought it would be funny to start buying storage lockers like the guys on the show.....What are some other reality shows could you think of that would be fun as someone who has some disposable income..Now you don't have to want to be ON the show or any for that matter...this is just a hypothetical now...DO NOT overthink it.....

Well, I have reread what you wrote, and I my answer still stands, weird....you bet !

I would do a wacky show about people laying on a warm beach, drinking margaritas, having tasty snacks and watching the dolphins jump waves.

And, if going through storage lockers is your thing, HAVE AT IT Hyper

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Columbia, SC
        United States
        Member #135285
        November 21, 2012
        584 Posts
        Posted: December 14, 2012, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Ok had a very weird thought...LOL....I was thinking if i won a jackpot with a whole lot of disposable income....let's say 125 million after tax...What is something weird i could get into....Now I was watching t.v. and the show Storage Wars was on....I thought it would be funny to start buying storage lockers like the guys on the show.....What are some other reality shows could you think of that would be fun as someone who has some disposable income..Now you don't have to want to be ON the show or any for that matter...this is just a hypothetical now...DO NOT overthink it.....

I envision a group of storage lockers belonging to you being unlocked, and as the the doors to the lockers are lifted, everyone is immediately buried beneath millions and millions of previously purchased lottery tickets erupting from the units like an angry volcano.Big Smile

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: December 14, 2012, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Well, I have reread what you wrote, and I my answer still stands, weird....you bet !

I would do a wacky show about people laying on a warm beach, drinking margaritas, having tasty snacks and watching the dolphins jump waves.

Im sorry I should said COMPREHEND what you read....Didn't say it was "my thing" LOL....I'm asking what's something weird I could get into as a millionaire with diposable income and the SHOW Storage wars was on I know it's fake and I never said I wanted to be on the show....but i just thought it would be weird to be able to buy the lockers and see what's in them....Now the common answer to what would you do if you won is sit on a beach...I said WEIRD...What's something WEIRD you could do if you won...now if you can't think of anything....don't answer........Now you HAVE AT IT..........

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19740 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2012, 11:05 am - IP Logged

They got another show called "buck commander" where they show hunting techniques on some hunting channel....but yeah they are real successful and simple living folks....Very close to God as well and they make that the mainstay of their family unit..True American family and family values...

i saw the tv commercials for that (buck commander) show looks like they are really wild, i bet someone gets hurtScared lol

Let it Snow Snowman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: December 15, 2012, 3:24 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: December 15, 2012, 5:58 am - IP Logged

Re-read the post you missed the point...again

That was uncalled for.....

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: December 15, 2012, 6:02 am - IP Logged

I don't really have time to watch tv let alone " Reality TV" since the boys are playing every single sport known to man... but if I had to choose one probably a show about vacations away from the kids... Did I say that out loud...

I Love Pink & Green 1908

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: December 15, 2012, 6:50 am - IP Logged

That was uncalled for.....

I Agree!

mcherry's avatar - 15214497642eca44f03b16
                      pittsburgh pa
                      United States
                      Member #133892
                      October 12, 2012
                      213 Posts
                      Posted: December 15, 2012, 7:06 am - IP Logged

I like that show,  I can see my selfArgue bidding on storage lockers and finding $$$

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10344 Posts
                        Posted: December 16, 2012, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

ATF, FBI, DHS, to JP winner:

So you won a jackpot and decided to invest in storage lockers, buying them sight unseen?

JP winner:

That's right.

ATF, FBI, DHS:

And when you bid on this one you had no idea it had surface-to-air missiles, explosives, .50 caliber machine guns and 300 vest bombs?

JP winner:

Yes, that's right.

ATF, FBI, DHS:

It might be quite some time before you get to enjoy your jackpot, if ever.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #130815
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: December 16, 2012, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

So you won a jackpot and decided to invest in storage lockers, buying them sight unseen?

JP winner:

That's right.

ATF, FBI, DHS:

And when you bid on this one you had no idea it had surface-to-air missiles, explosives, .50 caliber machine guns and 300 vest bombs?

JP winner:

Yes, that's right.

ATF, FBI, DHS:

How would anyone be able to store that..... much less have it go up for auction before the above agencies were notified

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: December 16, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

JP winner:

That's right.

ATF, FBI, DHS:

JP winner:

Yes, that's right.

ATF, FBI, DHS:

I Agree!

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40262 Posts
                              Posted: December 16, 2012, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

How would anyone be able to store that..... much less have it go up for auction before the above agencies were notified

Did you ever see " HOARDING BURIED ALIVE", One woman had a refridgerator full of dead cats, who woulda thought!

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"