Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Takr a moment to pray...

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia, SC
United States
Member #135285
November 21, 2012
584 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2012, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

My heart aches for all these families...I just can't wrap my mind around this......keeping them all in my thoughts and prayers....

pillsbury's avatar - panda pistols.jpg

United States
    Member #85220
    January 11, 2010
    639 Posts
    Posted: December 14, 2012, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Truly one of the most sad and tragic days in our country's history.  Just when you think you have seen or heard about the most horrific thing happening, something comes along to just chill you to your soul.  I can't even begin to imagine the pain & anguish these parents and families are enduring.  My most heartfelt prayers go out to each and every one of them.  God bless.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
      NY
      United States
      Member #121961
      January 21, 2012
      3157 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2012, 1:06 am - IP Logged

Two of my vend mach challenges were done in newtown. Pure shock when i turned on the news.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: December 15, 2012, 2:13 am - IP Logged

My thoughts and prayers go out for everyone touched by this tragedy and outrage.

The aftermath of getting God out of our schools and out of our daily lives is beginning. Without God, there is no Heaven or hell, no Ten Commandments, no reason to be good or do right or to value life. It's now "if it feels good do it" and "anything goes". It's been institutionalized by liberal society. 

This country gives it blessing to the killing of its own babies by the millions and abides other unnatural outrages and crimes against God and nature on a daily basis. No good can come of it. There will be a reckoning. 

"A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."  St. Matthew 7: 18-20

There is always a reckoning. Call it karma or call it payback or call it anything you will. We create it and we bring it on ourselves. If we allow evil to visit upon the least of these, rest assured, sooner or later, evil will be visited upon ours and us. And there ain't no stoppin' it.

I pray that God sends comfort to the families affected by this disaster, in Jesus' Holy Name. Amen. 

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: December 15, 2012, 5:31 am - IP Logged

Thoughts & prayers to the family's & friends.... God bless youBlue Angel

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4784 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2012, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Thought I'd share this....

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.

They were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say. They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day. "Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse. "This is heaven." declared a small boy. "We're spending Christmas at God's house."

When what to their wondering eyes did appear, But Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name.

And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring: Those children all flew into the arms of their King, And as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, One small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.

And as if He could read all the questions she had, He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad." Then He looked down on earth, the world far below, He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe,

Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, "Let My power and presence re-enter this land! May this country be delivered from the hands of fools I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"

Then He and the children stood up without a sound. "Come now my children, let me show you around." Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.

And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, "In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA

J'aime La France.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31342 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2012, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate. Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.

They were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say. They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day. "Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse. "This is heaven." declared a small boy. "We're spending Christmas at God's house."

When what to their wondering eyes did appear, But Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near. He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened His arms and He called them by name.

And in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring: Those children all flew into the arms of their King, And as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace, One small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.

And as if He could read all the questions she had, He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad." Then He looked down on earth, the world far below, He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe,

Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand, "Let My power and presence re-enter this land! May this country be delivered from the hands of fools I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"

Then He and the children stood up without a sound. "Come now my children, let me show you around." Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran. All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.

And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight, "In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Thank you   Blue Angel

love to nibble those micey feet.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3854 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2012, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Artist77,

beautiful, thanks

Sniff....

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4784 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2012, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Glad you all like it (with the exception of the creepy PM message from that Hearsetrax who is now on block.  2nd bizarre message from him. ). It was making the rounds today.

J'aime La France.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19743 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2012, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Very sweet, Sending Prayersthanks Artist Blue Angel

Let it Snow Snowman