Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you feel success or failure with the lottery numbers?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
Nova Scotia
Canada
Member #9934
December 27, 2004
891 Posts
Posted: December 17, 2012, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Do you have day's where the lottery numbers make you feel frustrated or cause confusion for you? I have taken time off from the lottery.. I have cursed at the lottery numbers.

Some day's I like the lottery, and pat it on the back or give it a high five- when I have had success!  Other day's I  want to kick it to the curb.=when I have not felt as lucky.....It is a game after all, and only to be used for entertainment..Agree with stupid

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    rekjavik
    Iceland
    Member #99537
    October 27, 2010
    177 Posts
    Posted: December 17, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I feel both....

Sometimes when I think I'm going to lose i win.....

And when I know I'm going to win I lose.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #123290
      February 17, 2012
      3087 Posts
      Posted: December 17, 2012, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

I feel neither, just keep pluggin away playing the numbers.

When I lose, it's OK, I don't get too emotional about it, that's no fun!

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: December 17, 2012, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I feel that I'm a successful failure, except for those long pesky winning streaks.  Let It All Out

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19900 Posts
          Posted: December 17, 2012, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

I have studied the games I play and feel I know the types of combinations it takes to win.  I always pick those types of combinations and even though they've never won big I'm satisfied that I tried my best and that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: December 17, 2012, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

I feel more frustrated when I play my long term numbers. I think its because I know my numbers and can tell without looking at the ticket after the draw if I have won or not. I rarely win anything on my numbers. At least with quick picks I have that little thrill that I could be a winner while I'm checking my tickets against the winning numbers.

That money's gone fo ever

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19900 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2012, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I feel more frustrated when I play my long term numbers. I think its because I know my numbers and can tell without looking at the ticket after the draw if I have won or not. I rarely win anything on my numbers. At least with quick picks I have that little thrill that I could be a winner while I'm checking my tickets against the winning numbers.

While I pick my own numbers, I pick combinations which are within the parameters that fit the winning numbers using a RNG so I don't remember them.  I still have the thrill of not knowing if I've won until I check my play files with my data files after updating them with the latest winning combinations.

I once make the mistake of putting the latest winning combination in a play file and had the thrill of thinking I had won a jackpot too which felt even better then when I actually matched 5of6 in the Ohio Super Lotto back in 2002.   I was disappointed after I double checked my results and figured out what happened but instead of be frustrated I just cherished the memory of the feelings I once had thinking I had won a jackpot and hope it happens for real one of these days.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2012, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

While I pick my own numbers, I pick combinations which are within the parameters that fit the winning numbers using a RNG so I don't remember them.  I still have the thrill of not knowing if I've won until I check my play files with my data files after updating them with the latest winning combinations.

I once make the mistake of putting the latest winning combination in a play file and had the thrill of thinking I had won a jackpot too which felt even better then when I actually matched 5of6 in the Ohio Super Lotto back in 2002.   I was disappointed after I double checked my results and figured out what happened but instead of be frustrated I just cherished the memory of the feelings I once had thinking I had won a jackpot and hope it happens for real one of these days.

I think I'd get a small heart attack if I ever suspected even for a second that I won.

To be honest, sometimes I wonder if the thrill of chasing the jackpot is more intoxicating than actually living large after winning. Its one for the philosophers, I tell'ya

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                  Connecticut
                  United States
                  Member #61623
                  May 29, 2008
                  20581 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2012, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

I have studied the games I play and feel I know the types of combinations it takes to win.  I always pick those types of combinations and even though they've never won big I'm satisfied that I tried my best and that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.

well said.." I'm satisfied that I tried my best and that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned."

That's how I feel about P3 even though it takes months at a time to get a hit.There's something addictive about handicapping numbers I know that much to be true even though I don't win as much as I should

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

Columbia, SC
                    United States
                    Member #135285
                    November 21, 2012
                    584 Posts
                    Posted: December 17, 2012, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I have good days and bad days, but like so many others, I feel there might be some type of code with lottery numbers, and I've put many hours into cracking this code.  I am very aware that a code may not even exist, but if...just IF,  could find a way to at least make my chances of predicting the next drawn numbers more probable, I'd be a very happy woman no doubt...I get very happy when I think I'm on to something and the next numbers drawn make me feel more positive about something I'd picked up on, but then the next draw will be completely off target with anything I'd come up with. It's days such as this when I will get very frustrated because I will feel I'm back to square one. I will walk away from it for awhile, but when it hits me to start again, I do. I can read something here on LP that will sometimes give me an idea of another route to research, so I'll sharpen my pencil and pull out my notebook full of notes and start again. I realize the lottery is supposed to be for entertainment, and I find the challenge of it entertaining at times, but more than any of this, I want to WIN!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3316 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2012, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

only failure when i work hard picking numbers and get no win. qquick picks i never feell anything but disapointment that next meal will be  2 min noodles lol

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2012, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

I have good days and bad days, but like so many others, I feel there might be some type of code with lottery numbers, and I've put many hours into cracking this code.  I am very aware that a code may not even exist, but if...just IF,  could find a way to at least make my chances of predicting the next drawn numbers more probable, I'd be a very happy woman no doubt...I get very happy when I think I'm on to something and the next numbers drawn make me feel more positive about something I'd picked up on, but then the next draw will be completely off target with anything I'd come up with. It's days such as this when I will get very frustrated because I will feel I'm back to square one. I will walk away from it for awhile, but when it hits me to start again, I do. I can read something here on LP that will sometimes give me an idea of another route to research, so I'll sharpen my pencil and pull out my notebook full of notes and start again. I realize the lottery is supposed to be for entertainment, and I find the challenge of it entertaining at times, but more than any of this, I want to WIN!

There are tonnes of stories here on LP about different peoples strategies that won them big. Some winner happened to go to the store and accepted to buy a rejected ticket that was a previous customer's misprint and won big. Some winners get their winning numbers from fortune cookies. There was a winner from NY who won some jp. His strategy would be play for a while, numbers in whatever reciepts he happen to recieve from wherever he went. Some people play birthday numbers and win big. Some 11 random people in MA in October 2012 played retired RedSox players jersey numbers for Mass Cash and each hit for a cool $100,000. Some winner bought a quickpick that didn't win but he continued playing those numbers from that day and eventually won the jp.

You can invent a style and try it out Thumbs Up

Columbia, SC
                          United States
                          Member #135285
                          November 21, 2012
                          584 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2012, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

There are tonnes of stories here on LP about different peoples strategies that won them big. Some winner happened to go to the store and accepted to buy a rejected ticket that was a previous customer's misprint and won big. Some winners get their winning numbers from fortune cookies. There was a winner from NY who won some jp. His strategy would be play for a while, numbers in whatever reciepts he happen to recieve from wherever he went. Some people play birthday numbers and win big. Some 11 random people in MA in October 2012 played retired RedSox players jersey numbers for Mass Cash and each hit for a cool $100,000. Some winner bought a quickpick that didn't win but he continued playing those numbers from that day and eventually won the jp.

You can invent a style and try it out Thumbs Up

ahh yes..I've read or heard about most of these stories.....I think i've tried them all in the past, but I'm too much of an analytical person, which is why cracking  the code is more my style. Big Smile

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Lottonovice's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #126497
                            April 11, 2012
                            1369 Posts
                            Posted: December 19, 2012, 10:46 am - IP Logged

I have only been playing lottery since late spring-early summer, 2012. Prior to my Dh was the one to play--namely JP-power ball and Florida Lotto games.  And I took it up in his stead--after much convincing on his part-- because he went to work overseas.  He was a QP player, and I thought to myself, there has got to be a better way to do this. LOL. And while we have not won a JP, I think I have actually had more success picking our own numbers, after much research here and elsewhere, then he had in all the yrs he had played.  I have picked 3 numbers at least four times in PB this yr since I started to play.  And I have gotten 4 numbers 3 times in a pick 5 game we have in Florida this yr (F-5 is actually my game, I play the other to humor DH=).  And I don’t use any one system, but a combination of. 

Being new to it, I have yet to feel the frustration of non success.  I figure like anything, one has to pay ones dues.  I do not know that I expect to win a JP, either, but I know you can not win if you do not play.  And to be fair, I also cover all bases.  By that I mean I play a regular set of numbers for each game we play every week, and buy 1QP in honor of my DH,  as well as my own creations.  Because initially it was more of a challenge to prove to my Dh that you could do better if you picked your own numbers ( not to open any debate on this issue). Thus far, I am winning though. LOL   So guess you could say, i have found an aside that brings me a bit of pleasure other than the JP.  Lastly whether you pick you own numbers or do QPs, I am still convinced it is 99% Luck and 1% Perspiration, no matter how hard you work on cracking the codes.  But do like the math of it, and with it the idea of turning possibilities into probabilities =)  Happy Lottering.

Philsdelphia.
                              United States
                              Member #120747
                              December 27, 2011
                              38 Posts
                              Posted: December 19, 2012, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Do you have day's where the lottery numbers make you feel frustrated or cause confusion for you? I have taken time off from the lottery.. I have cursed at the lottery numbers.

Some day's I like the lottery, and pat it on the back or give it a high five- when I have had success!  Other day's I  want to kick it to the curb.=when I have not felt as lucky.....It is a game after all, and only to be used for entertainment..Agree with stupid

I want to help people, that's why i can't win to help myself.