Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MUSL: We have identified the glitch!

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 4 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
Member #133462
September 30, 2012
5946 Posts
Posted: December 20, 2012, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Lottery Officials were in a panic minutes after last night's drawing once they saw the type of numbers that came. Typically referred to among lottery players as "birthday" numbers, it was all but certain that someone had won the jackpot, if not, the game would be paying out a lot in million dollar prizes.

Someone did win.

This is the 3rd time in the month of December where jackpots were won at the 50 million dollar level and this comes again at a lost to the lottery.

Pulling out all the stops, officials are now certain that they have identified the "glitch" - lol!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3159 Posts
    Posted: December 20, 2012, 1:28 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  Anytime the #s are under 31 they should worry. I bet there's also alot of smaller prizes they have to pay out. Most of my #s are bd and they have done pretty good.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
      Member #133462
      September 30, 2012
      5946 Posts
      Posted: December 20, 2012, 1:35 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  Anytime the #s are under 31 they should worry. I bet there's also alot of smaller prizes they have to pay out. Most of my #s are bd and they have done pretty good.

Noel 8 states won the 2nd tier prize with OK taking its win with the powerplay for 2 million dollars!  Noel

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Columbia, SC
        United States
        Member #135285
        November 21, 2012
        584 Posts
        Posted: December 20, 2012, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Are you being serious? What glitch?

My little CinCin formula estimated the numbers would be low last night..just wish I realized they would be as low as they actually were...I tend to stay away from a line that simulates birthdays when playing PB and MM, but at this point, perhaps I should start.....need to find out more about this glitch you speak of first!Big Smile

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

United States
          Member #106134
          February 13, 2011
          806 Posts
          Posted: December 20, 2012, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Here's a way to solve the problem, skew the white ball numbers.  Instead of 1-59, make all white balls go from 32-90.  Boom!  Problem solved & tell the birthday number players to suck it!

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            42186 Posts
            Posted: December 20, 2012, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Lottery Officials were in a panic minutes after last night's drawing once they saw the type of numbers that came. Typically referred to among lottery players as "birthday" numbers, it was all but certain that someone had won the jackpot, if not, the game would be paying out a lot in million dollar prizes.

Someone did win.

This is the 3rd time in the month of December where jackpots were won at the 50 million dollar level and this comes again at a lost to the lottery.

Pulling out all the stops, officials are now certain that they have identified the "glitch" - lol!

LOL, All those dumb people and their birthdays, they always ruin our fun.

HyperBe Happy.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19903 Posts
              Posted: December 20, 2012, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Here's a way to solve the problem, skew the white ball numbers.  Instead of 1-59, make all white balls go from 32-90.  Boom!  Problem solved & tell the birthday number players to suck it!

What would be plan B if the birthday players added 31 to their birthday numbers and continued to win?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #106134
                February 13, 2011
                806 Posts
                Posted: December 20, 2012, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Only allow players to buy QP tickets, that would be plan B to foil them.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: December 20, 2012, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Only allow players to buy QP tickets, that would be plan B to foil them.

If they went to QP only, it would eliminate the need for play slips and expensive pencils......

Columbia, SC
                    United States
                    Member #135285
                    November 21, 2012
                    584 Posts
                    Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:02 am - IP Logged

If they went to QP only, it would eliminate the need for play slips and expensive pencils......

I will certainly never play again if this ever takes place. Even though most of the winners are quick picks, I still like the option of being able to choose my own numbers. In some cases, those who choose their own numbers do win, they've won because of LUCK. There is not a single program or a mind so brilliant that they can determine the next numbers drawn. At best, either can only use the probability factor . JJ makes it sound as if all the jackpots are being won because people have some magic formula they're using to win, which minimizes his chances of winning. Like I mentioned before, most of the winners are quick picks, so his logic makes no sense to me whatsoever.Bash

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:05 am - IP Logged

I will certainly never play again if this ever takes place. Even though most of the winners are quick picks, I still like the option of being able to choose my own numbers. In some cases, those who choose their own numbers do win, they've won because of LUCK. There is not a single program or a mind so brilliant that they can determine the next numbers drawn. At best, either can only use the probability factor . JJ makes it sound as if all the jackpots are being won because people have some magic formula they're using to win, which minimizes his chances of winning. Like I mentioned before, most of the winners are quick picks, so his logic makes no sense to me whatsoever.Bash

What I dont understand is why my birthday numbers have NOT paid off big for me........What?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #94283
                        July 17, 2010
                        2284 Posts
                        Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

What I dont understand is why my birthday numbers have NOT paid off big for me........What?

I'm with ya there.  I've been playing my birthday numbers for 20 years now without winning.  Mine range from 4 to 24, well within the range drawn last night, but I got nada!  Disapprove

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19903 Posts
                          Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:10 am - IP Logged

You have to play your birthday numbers when they come up, have you checked all the previous drawings to see if you missed your chance?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Columbia, SC
                            United States
                            Member #135285
                            November 21, 2012
                            584 Posts
                            Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:15 am - IP Logged

LOL Ronnie. I'm thinking the lottery officials might have your name and birthday at the bottom of their birthday draw list. Considering there are 8 billion people in the world, it may take awhile...HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAWink (just kiddin' with ya)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10392 Posts
                              Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:16 am - IP Logged

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about Mega Millions not getting hit and not progressing a dime. I thought that was the glitch.

Silly me.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.