Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MUSL: We have identified the glitch!

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 4 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia, SC
United States
Member #135285
November 21, 2012
584 Posts
Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:19 am - IP Logged

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about Mega Millions not getting hit and not progressing a dime. I thought that was the glitch.

Silly me.

I still haven't heard what the "glitch" was supposed to be about either CoinToss...Unhappy

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:31 am - IP Logged

You have to play your birthday numbers when they come up, have you checked all the previous drawings to see if you missed your chance?

Yes I checked them, and thats why I can claim that I have played them for all these years.........

03 09 10 27 28 - 03

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Lottery Officials were in a panic minutes after last night's drawing once they saw the type of numbers that came. Typically referred to among lottery players as "birthday" numbers, it was all but certain that someone had won the jackpot, if not, the game would be paying out a lot in million dollar prizes.

Someone did win.

This is the 3rd time in the month of December where jackpots were won at the 50 million dollar level and this comes again at a lost to the lottery.

Pulling out all the stops, officials are now certain that they have identified the "glitch" - lol!

Yeah.... Who starts a thread that identifies a glitch without identifying a glitch......What?

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I still haven't heard what the "glitch" was supposed to be about either CoinToss...Unhappy

What we need is a clearly defined and easily unidentifiable glitch.........Conehead

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Only allow players to buy QP tickets, that would be plan B to foil them.

That would made PB more like a raffle and players don't buy their tickets as much as lotteries.

Years ago some people in Ohio got upset about people winning too much and the lottery commission stupidly limited the amount one ticket could win to $20M and many players stop playing.

At the time Ohio had the Super Lotto with jackpots that regular reached $50M+ almost every month before being won.  Surrounding states didn't have PB or MM so a lot of players from out of state played the game too. Ohio later dropped that rule but by then neighboring states had added PB and MM and Ohioans started going out of state to play those games.  Ohio eventually had to add MM to even get Ohioans to start playing local again.

Lotteries just have to accept their market do have limits and jackpot sizes can't expand it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:37 am - IP Logged

I want my glitch, and I want it now.........Crying

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I want my glitch, and I want it now.........Crying

If there is a glitch, it's in the structure of the game with starting jackpot and minimum rollover.  As long they continue to have $50M wins and pay up with $60-$80 in sales, we have to assume there is no glitch.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: December 20, 2012, 11:54 am - IP Logged

If there is a glitch, it's in the structure of the game with starting jackpot and minimum rollover.  As long they continue to have $50M wins and pay up with $60-$80 in sales, we have to assume there is no glitch.

The glitch question is about why MM is sand bagging and only starting at $12 million and now refuses to grant an increase in the face of fierce opposition from the lottery playing community at large.......

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: December 20, 2012, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

The glitch question is about why MM is sand bagging and only starting at $12 million and now refuses to grant an increase in the face of fierce opposition from the lottery playing community at large.......

The lottery playing community have two choices, play or don't and that's not much a fierce opposition.  Wishing for starting jackpots that aren't supported by ticket sales is nonsense.  If players want larger starting jackpots they are going to have to pay more for a ticket.

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: December 20, 2012, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

The lottery playing community have two choices, play or don't and that's not much a fierce opposition.  Wishing for starting jackpots that aren't supported by ticket sales is nonsense.  If players want larger starting jackpots they are going to have to pay more for a ticket.

I would rather buy more tickets than pay more per ticket. I will buy more if everyone else buys more.What?

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: December 20, 2012, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

I would rather buy more tickets than pay more per ticket. I will buy more if everyone else buys more.What?

A 114 line wheel would make me very happy for Christmas......

Merry Christmas.....Smiley Santa

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: December 20, 2012, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

"I will buy more if everyone else buys more.What?"

How would you make sure everyone else were buying more tickets?  By having a minimum sales amounts?  Which I imagine will happen if states ever start selling lottery tickets over the Internet because the expense will not justify accepting sales of a single ticket unless extra fees are charged.

Evil Looking       

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                          San Angelo, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1097
                          January 31, 2003
                          1394 Posts
                          Posted: December 20, 2012, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

If I understand correctly, lottery folks get about 50 per cent of sales.
                          They can't lose, no matter what the winning combination is.
                          Sure, they would love more $300 million jackpots, but I doubt they are concerned about
                          so-called 'birthday' numbers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19825 Posts
                            Posted: December 20, 2012, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

If I understand correctly, lottery folks get about 50 per cent of sales.
                            They can't lose, no matter what the winning combination is.
                            Sure, they would love more $300 million jackpots, but I doubt they are concerned about
                            so-called 'birthday' numbers.

That has been the general idea that has guided most lotteries up to now but from the information I've seen about PB sales and reported payouts, that may not be possible when its jackpots don't exceed $90M with its fixed starting jackpot and rollover amounts.

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: December 20, 2012, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

A 114 line wheel would make me very happy for Christmas......

Merry Christmas.....Smiley Santa

It might be better to do two 50 dollar wheels, with some overlapping numbers.

Thinking of...