Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are the base jackpots really too low??

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 20, 2012, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Really.......why is anyone complaing that 12 million is not a big enough jackpot??? No one here has 12 million dollars...and I'll bet 12 million dollars that no one here would turn it down if they won, because it was to low a jackpot....40 and 50 million is nothing to sneeze at either...I personally hope it doesn't rise too fast and people keep winning...hopefully someone I know....personally....but I buy tickets no matter the amount cause like I said the jackpot WHATEVER the amount is certainly more than anyone here has won........yet.....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19813 Posts
    Posted: December 20, 2012, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Probably the only people complaining are the ones not buying a ticket when the jackpot is $12M.  If they aren't buying tickets, why should anyone care what they think?  They still have the option of waiting until the jackpot reaches the level at which they like to play.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: December 20, 2012, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Yeah the only amount I think wouldn't be worth it is.........0

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19813 Posts
        Posted: December 20, 2012, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Yeah the only amount I think wouldn't be worth it is.........0

I prefer to compare what's available and right now Ohio has a 6/49 game Classic Lotto with a jackpot of $24.3M/$12.1 cash which is a better choice for me.

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: December 20, 2012, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Really.......why is anyone complaing that 12 million is not a big enough jackpot??? No one here has 12 million dollars...and I'll bet 12 million dollars that no one here would turn it down if they won, because it was to low a jackpot....40 and 50 million is nothing to sneeze at either...I personally hope it doesn't rise too fast and people keep winning...hopefully someone I know....personally....but I buy tickets no matter the amount cause like I said the jackpot WHATEVER the amount is certainly more than anyone here has won........yet.....

I'd rather play Hoosier Lotto and have a 1 in 12 million chance of winning the jackpot than play Powerball or Mega Millions and have a 1 in 175 million chance of winning the jackpot. Sure, the jackpots for Powerball and Mega Millions get a lot higher than Hoosier Lotto, but my goal is to win something I can retire off of, not spend money like Jay Z. I personally would retire off a $3,000,000 Hoosier Lotto jackpot. I would take the annuity which would equate to $100,000 before taxes every year for 30 years. I realize that $100,000 per year isn't what it use to be, but it's still upper middle class and can buy a couple nice vacations per year.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #123290
            February 17, 2012
            3048 Posts
            Posted: December 20, 2012, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

I prefer to compare what's available and right now Ohio has a 6/49 game Classic Lotto with a jackpot of $24.3M/$12.1 cash which is a better choice for me.

lol You still talking about the 6/49 Classic?

No one hit that jackpot yetWhat?

Keep playing (quick picks)

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: December 21, 2012, 7:39 am - IP Logged

I see that.....but Im saying IF you did indeed bought a MM ticket and only WON  the 12 million dollars.........Would you be complaining that it was only 12 million and you coulda woulda shoulda won the 24 million???

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1953 Posts
                Posted: December 21, 2012, 10:46 am - IP Logged

I see that.....but Im saying IF you did indeed bought a MM ticket and only WON  the 12 million dollars.........Would you be complaining that it was only 12 million and you coulda woulda shoulda won the 24 million???

I doubt anyone would complain about winning $12M, but if your goal is to simply retire and/or live an upper middle class to upper class lifestyle, an in-state Lotto game would probably be the better option considering the odds are way better, so much better that I see it as a no-brainer.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19813 Posts
                  Posted: December 21, 2012, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Knowing what the prizes are when I buy a ticket, why would I complain if I won?  I assume only players who would be happy to win the jackpot would ever buy a ticket.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19813 Posts
                    Posted: December 21, 2012, 11:00 am - IP Logged

lol You still talking about the 6/49 Classic?

No one hit that jackpot yetWhat?

Keep playing (quick picks)

Even with odds of 1:14M, ticket sales still effect how often it's won. CL only sells a fraction as many tickets as MM.

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: December 21, 2012, 11:03 am - IP Logged

When is the last time you sneezed AT something??

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: December 21, 2012, 11:04 am - IP Logged

How do you know how much money people have , and how much anyone has won.......What?

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: December 21, 2012, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Your an expert on all things LP, after 5 months.......What?

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: December 21, 2012, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Even with odds of 1:14M, ticket sales still effect how often it's won. CL only sells a fraction as many tickets as MM.

1 in 14 million seems like kinda long odds to me............

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11974 Posts
                              Posted: December 21, 2012, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Why would you want to spend your money for a $12M mega millions starting jackpot after seeing so many first time players winning jackpots over $100M? F the mega millions lottery with their low stupid jackpots.LOL

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!