Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has a clerk ever forgotten to give you your lottery slip back?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
Nutley, New Jersey
United States
Member #131058
August 1, 2012
875 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2013, 12:49 am - IP Logged

There is a 7-eleven close to my house I go to to buy lottery tickets. A clerk who works there keeps forgetting to give me back my lottery slip after running it through the machine. He lays the slip on the side counter away from my reach and I have to ask him to give it back. He has done this the last 3 times I've bought tickets from him.

I want to think it's an honest mistake but a skeptical part of me thinks he wants to play my numbers. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19840 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2013, 1:05 am - IP Logged

There is a 7-eleven close to my house I go to to buy lottery tickets. A clerk who works there keeps forgetting to give me back my lottery slip after running it through the machine. He lays the slip on the side counter away from my reach and I have to ask him to give it back. He has done this the last 3 times I've bought tickets from him.

I want to think it's an honest mistake but a skeptical part of me thinks he wants to play my numbers. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Wow that Seems weird ,  Evil Looking

Let it Snow Snowman

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3626 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2013, 1:21 am - IP Logged

There's all kinds of crazy people. Ask point blank "why are you always forgetting to give me my playslips back?". See what he says.

Play to win!

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
        Nutley, New Jersey
        United States
        Member #131058
        August 1, 2012
        875 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2013, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Wow that Seems weird ,  Evil Looking

yeah. I would go to another place to buy my tickets but the next closest place is like 4 miles away.

u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19840 Posts
          Posted: January 8, 2013, 1:30 am - IP Logged

There's all kinds of crazy people. Ask point blank "why are you always forgetting to give me my playslips back?". See what he says.

No No    yeah say it really loud gimme my playslips back !       Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19840 Posts
            Posted: January 8, 2013, 1:55 am - IP Logged

yeah. I would go to another place to buy my tickets but the next closest place is like 4 miles away.

no for real you shouldn't have to go to another store..Smiley

i have to many stores with in blocks from my house so i always get my tickets different places.

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: January 8, 2013, 7:41 am - IP Logged

Maybe he just does that to everyone and you or maybe a couple of others are the only ones who want them back........try telling him you want them back when you hand them over....

United States
                Member #137428
                January 3, 2013
                469 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2013, 8:07 am - IP Logged

Not a big deal...learn to share

cheryl59's avatar - center
                  Va Beach
                  United States
                  Member #46651
                  September 20, 2006
                  1857 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2013, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Maybe he just does that to everyone and you or maybe a couple of others are the only ones who want them back........try telling him you want them back when you hand them over....

yup remind him a few more times that you always want your slips back , He will remember(eventually) if you let him knowThumbs Up

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                    Nova Scotia
                    Canada
                    Member #9934
                    December 27, 2004
                    884 Posts
                    Posted: January 8, 2013, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

A few times clerk's have forgotten to give me my play slip back and I have to tell them I want it returned- or if they know that I am winning, they try to keep it themselves, to copy my numbers I figure- so I jump right on it, and let them know I want my slip back..

No way I'm sharing my prize with clerks!

Dance

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                      Member #133462
                      September 30, 2012
                      5946 Posts
                      Posted: January 8, 2013, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Seasoned players walk into the store with an air of confidence and enthusiasm as a scientist on the brink of a major breakthrough and these clerks sniff us out (I am not suggesting in any way that you are arrogant).

It happens to me a lot of times even if I go to different stores where clerks don't know me. They always ask silly questions like do I have the winning numbers tonight? To me, I just walked into the store, grabbed a doctor pepper or coffee (if it's in the morning) and hand them my payslips. On these occasions I find that they "accidentally' leave my payslips on the counter. Hmmm...

It may not be every clerk or every time, but I do believe a few of them read faces and body language and filter through to see who they would like to play behind.

At my two regular stops, the clerks hand me the payslips one by one as they run them through the terminal and don't even wait until the transaction is complete. This goes even for the curious ones. It may be a matter of training.

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
                        Member #128790
                        June 2, 2012
                        5431 Posts
                        Posted: January 8, 2013, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

My problem is the complete opposite. Since I hardly ever play the same numbers again, I don't want the slips, and always want to give them back to me.

Even though I've got it down to a science by leaving the store as quickly as i can before they realize I left the betslip on the counter so I don't have to say, "No thanks", some of them are quick on their feet and catch me just when I'm opening the door to leave. lol

In the beginning, when the clerk used to hand me the betslip with my tickets on top of them, I'd take the tickets off the counter making sure the clerk sees me ONLY taking the tickets, hoping that they would put 2 and 2 together, and realizing I don't want the slip, but it never fails, they truly believe I'm an idiot and somehow only picked up the tickets by accident, and left the slip on the counter. And that's why i tried the new way by taking the tickets when they are looking away, and high-taling it out the store as fast as I can. It works about half the time.

I don't want to be rude and not answer them, believe me, I thought about doing that, but that's not nice and I refuse to do it.

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                          Member #133462
                          September 30, 2012
                          5946 Posts
                          Posted: January 8, 2013, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

My problem is the complete opposite. Since I hardly ever play the same numbers again, I don't want the slips, and always want to give them back to me.

Even though I've got it down to a science by leaving the store as quickly as i can before they realize I left the betslip on the counter so I don't have to say, "No thanks", some of them are quick on their feet and catch me just when I'm opening the door to leave. lol

In the beginning, when the clerk used to hand me the betslip with my tickets on top of them, I'd take the tickets off the counter making sure the clerk sees me ONLY taking the tickets, hoping that they would put 2 and 2 together, and realizing I don't want the slip, but it never fails, they truly believe I'm an idiot and somehow only picked up the tickets by accident, and left the slip on the counter. And that's why i tried the new way by taking the tickets when they are looking away, and high-taling it out the store as fast as I can. It works about half the time.

I don't want to be rude and not answer them, believe me, I thought about doing that, but that's not nice and I refuse to do it.

That is so funny. I read your post twice and laughed just as much the second time - lol!

"Everything works  ONCE!"

Columbia, SC
                            United States
                            Member #135285
                            November 21, 2012
                            584 Posts
                            Posted: January 8, 2013, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

I've never had one forget to give me a slip back, but I do have them ask me if I'd like it back....I usually say yes, but last time I did not...felt strange afterwards and wished I had....that won't happen again!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                              Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: January 8, 2013, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

You're being paranoid lol Do you really believe the store clerks have got it like that? The same clerks that earn minimum wage? The only way I would understand your point of view is if you win frequently on self picked numbers and the clerks knew thatSulk Off