Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can you win and collect with multiple tickets but same numbers?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Nikkicute.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
United States
Member #4924
June 3, 2004
5893 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2013, 3:50 am - IP Logged

You can have as many tickets with the same numbers as you like. In most states each winning ticket is treated as a separate transaction. There was someone here in Florida that had a large number of Play 4 tickets on the same day with the same numbers that won and each ticket required a separate claim form. He had to come back to the regional office a second day to complete all the forms (one form per winning ticket)...

Unless they have changed the rules, that's not a true statement. Eight years ago , I hit play 4 with 5 straight tkts and i str/box tkt. They were all claimed one form!!!

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3048 Posts
    Posted: February 4, 2013, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

You can have as many tickets with the same numbers as you like. In most states each winning ticket is treated as a separate transaction. There was someone here in Florida that had a large number of Play 4 tickets on the same day with the same numbers that won and each ticket required a separate claim form. He had to come back to the regional office a second day to complete all the forms (one form per winning ticket)...

What about multiple Pick 3 tickets ?

I've seen members here win thousands (playing the same number) but do not go to the claim office.

Since each ticket is under $599 you don't have toWhat?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3854 Posts
      Posted: February 4, 2013, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

I had 2 JC5 tix w/ same #set,  got 4/5

claimed at the same time and got 2 seperate checks.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
        cornwall,ct
        United States
        Member #102636
        December 23, 2010
        245 Posts
        Posted: February 4, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Hello All,

I'm new here (Although have been lurking for awhile) so my question is, say you bought a QP but forgot to play with powerplay and you decide to play the same numbers but now with powerplay. Assuming you're lucky enough for your numbers to hit, can you claim the prize per ticket or the lottery has a prize per person rule when playing the same numbers? If you do win the jackpot with two tickets but with the same numers, the lottery will assume that there are two winners until you show up to claim. What does happen in a case like that? Will they just give out half the prize and invalidate the other ticket?

Thanks

Welcome to lp. If you had say two 5+0 winners for say pb i would say cash one when ready. And then wait about a month to cash the other or have your spouse cash it just to be safe.

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #123290
          February 17, 2012
          3048 Posts
          Posted: February 5, 2013, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

What about multiple Pick 3 tickets ?

I've seen members here win thousands (playing the same number) but do not go to the claim office.

Since each ticket is under $599 you don't have toWhat?

bump...

can anyone answer this question?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3854 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2013, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

bump...

can anyone answer this question?

Not sure about 3/4 games, but on JC5 I collected on multiples tix.

I recommend one #set per ticket.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #123290
              February 17, 2012
              3048 Posts
              Posted: February 5, 2013, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Not sure about 3/4 games, but on JC5 I collected on multiples tix.

I recommend one #set per ticket.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229539/2

Yes Pick 3 can be tricky, as you can see in this link above a member posted

someone got into trouble claiming tickets sperately on Pick 3 but another member

said the guy got busted cashing winning Pick 4 tickets.

I wonder were those Pick 4 tickets over $599What? 

I can't find the story on LP.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7297 Posts
                Posted: February 6, 2013, 10:11 am - IP Logged

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229539/2

Yes Pick 3 can be tricky, as you can see in this link above a member posted

someone got into trouble claiming tickets sperately on Pick 3 but another member

said the guy got busted cashing winning Pick 4 tickets.

I wonder were those Pick 4 tickets over $599What? 

I can't find the story on LP.

There is a guy in Kentucky that is a frequent multiple pick-3 winner and he cashes his winning tickets at the lottery headquarters. I think he does it because he likes getting his picture taken holding a big check because it's not necessary. KY has cashing agents that will cash up to $5000 without filing out any forms one or more of the tickets is over $600.

The pick-4 is different because a winning straight ticket is over the IRS $600 limit so there are two ways to cash multiple tickets. We can cash them one at a time at cashing agents and be paid on the spot or take all the tickets to lottery headquarters and get one W-2G. In some states it takes four to six weeks to get a check so which method a player uses depends on if they are willing to wait for their money.

There was a story about a player that won on multiple pick-4 tickets and had others cash them for a fee. The legalities will be tested in court and personally I would check the legalities before trying something like that. Another question I still haven't had an answer for is a pick-3 straight/box ticket over $600 or multiple lines on one ticket that total over $600. Without a definitive answer, I'll continue to use separate tickets.

How easy (or how hard) it is to cash multiple pick-3 straight winning tickets depends on the store policy where you try to cash the tickets.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #94283
                  July 17, 2010
                  2284 Posts
                  Posted: February 6, 2013, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Welcome to lp. If you had say two 5+0 winners for say pb i would say cash one when ready. And then wait about a month to cash the other or have your spouse cash it just to be safe.

Just to be safe from what?  What are you thinking could happen if you cash them both at the same time?

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #123290
                    February 17, 2012
                    3048 Posts
                    Posted: February 6, 2013, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

There is a guy in Kentucky that is a frequent multiple pick-3 winner and he cashes his winning tickets at the lottery headquarters. I think he does it because he likes getting his picture taken holding a big check because it's not necessary. KY has cashing agents that will cash up to $5000 without filing out any forms one or more of the tickets is over $600.

The pick-4 is different because a winning straight ticket is over the IRS $600 limit so there are two ways to cash multiple tickets. We can cash them one at a time at cashing agents and be paid on the spot or take all the tickets to lottery headquarters and get one W-2G. In some states it takes four to six weeks to get a check so which method a player uses depends on if they are willing to wait for their money.

There was a story about a player that won on multiple pick-4 tickets and had others cash them for a fee. The legalities will be tested in court and personally I would check the legalities before trying something like that. Another question I still haven't had an answer for is a pick-3 straight/box ticket over $600 or multiple lines on one ticket that total over $600. Without a definitive answer, I'll continue to use separate tickets.

How easy (or how hard) it is to cash multiple pick-3 straight winning tickets depends on the store policy where you try to cash the tickets.

Thanks Stacks47

I think a Pick 3 straight/box ticket over $600 will have to be taken to the lotto office,

one ticket mulitple lines is still one ticket worth over $600.