Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do we lottery players have any rights in game changes?

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 4 years ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: February 11, 2013, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

I always wonder if we the lottery players have any rights when it comes to changes in games matrixes. In the last 8 years there has been lots and lots of changes to the lottery games. Those changes are not to increase the odds of winning, as you expect. They are to make it harder to win. The commissioners probably don't even hold a vote on the issue. They push it through, military style, justifying that nobody is forcing anybody to play. Which is true Disapprove Just the other day they announced that Hot Lotto will be harder to win come May 2013. The odds will change from 1:10,939,383 to 1:29,144,841. Isn't that crazy?  Are they doing this because they know no matter what, we will still play? Maybe they are doing this because they know we as individuals are powerless and non of us has been able to successfully organize a boycott yet. They forget there is always a first time.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19900 Posts
    Posted: February 11, 2013, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

As lottery players and responsible American citizens we all have the right not to play.  I know lotteries have been described as a tax on the ignorant but it's not a tax any of us is obligated to pay.  We speak with our dollars. Patriot

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: February 11, 2013, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

RJOh you're right. The market system is the best. But I wish it was not so monopolistic.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: February 11, 2013, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

As lottery players and responsible American citizens we all have the right not to play.  I know lotteries have been described as a tax on the ignorant but it's not a tax any of us is obligated to pay.  We speak with our dollars. Patriot

I Agree!

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          42070 Posts
          Posted: February 11, 2013, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!   Yep

HyperBe Happy.

grwurston's avatar - 144
            Let's Go Rangers!!!
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            5119 Posts
            Posted: February 11, 2013, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately, if more private companies promising bigger profits to the states, take over the lottery games we will most

likely see a lot more of this.  Frown

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3316 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2013, 7:24 am - IP Logged

yeah we have the right to " suck it up "

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Columbia, SC
                United States
                Member #135285
                November 21, 2012
                584 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2013, 8:13 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2013, 8:32 am - IP Logged

I Agree! Suck it up, and play on my friend. LOL

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2013, 8:45 am - IP Logged

Nothing like a good suck, seems like our national pastime.  Big Grin Santa

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2013, 8:48 am - IP Logged

Nothing like a good suck, seems like our national pastime.  Big Grin Santa

Sucking up seems like the only way to get ahead these days.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6305 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2013, 9:19 am - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6305 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2013, 9:21 am - IP Logged

I always wonder if we the lottery players have any rights when it comes to changes in games matrixes. In the last 8 years there has been lots and lots of changes to the lottery games. Those changes are not to increase the odds of winning, as you expect. They are to make it harder to win. The commissioners probably don't even hold a vote on the issue. They push it through, military style, justifying that nobody is forcing anybody to play. Which is true Disapprove Just the other day they announced that Hot Lotto will be harder to win come May 2013. The odds will change from 1:10,939,383 to 1:29,144,841. Isn't that crazy?  Are they doing this because they know no matter what, we will still play? Maybe they are doing this because they know we as individuals are powerless and non of us has been able to successfully organize a boycott yet. They forget there is always a first time.

Dang..... they messing with my Hot LottoBang Head this is why Oklahoma needs a state lotto game.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2013, 9:35 am - IP Logged

Dang..... they messing with my Hot LottoBang Head this is why Oklahoma needs a state lotto game.

Its as if the previous matrix was not hard enough. The last Hot Lotto I will ever buy will be for the month of April, just before the changes kick in.

Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6305 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2013, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Its as if the previous matrix was not hard enough. The last Hot Lotto I will ever buy will be for the month of April, just before the changes kick in.

maringoman do you know if they are going to raise the jackpot?

I Love Pink & Green 1908