Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do we lottery players have any rights in game changes?

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 4 years ago by maringoman.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2013, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Sucking up seems like the only way to get ahead these days.

They are taking perfectly good things and tearing them apart and expecting we will just **** **** *** **** ** ******* No No

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2013, 9:42 am - IP Logged

They are taking perfectly good things and tearing them apart and expecting we will just **** **** *** **** ** ******* No No

I Agree! The AZ lottery has 210 employees and growing.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6290 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2013, 9:43 am - IP Logged

I am on the Hot Lotto website under FAQ/History/News trying to find out some more in the new changes.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2013, 9:54 am - IP Logged

I Agree! The AZ lottery has 210 employees and growing.

Whats interesting is that the number of employees is growing even while their use of technology to cut cost increases.

Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2013, 9:59 am - IP Logged

I am on the Hot Lotto website under FAQ/History/News trying to find out some more in the new changes.

I don't think they have formally announced the changes yet. This is where I got the info.

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/255850

Also here 

http://www.vtlottery.com/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_6A694E45964BD086322141AD84C8A68519080400/filename/HL_public_hearing.pdf

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2013, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Whats interesting is that the number of employees is growing even while their use of technology to cut cost increases.

lol. So true. Increasing productivity is not even on the list, because they don't produce anything. lol

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
              New Hampshire
              United States
              Member #136492
              December 12, 2012
              322 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2013, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I always wonder if we the lottery players have any rights when it comes to changes in games matrixes. In the last 8 years there has been lots and lots of changes to the lottery games. Those changes are not to increase the odds of winning, as you expect. They are to make it harder to win. The commissioners probably don't even hold a vote on the issue. They push it through, military style, justifying that nobody is forcing anybody to play. Which is true Disapprove Just the other day they announced that Hot Lotto will be harder to win come May 2013. The odds will change from 1:10,939,383 to 1:29,144,841. Isn't that crazy?  Are they doing this because they know no matter what, we will still play? Maybe they are doing this because they know we as individuals are powerless and non of us has been able to successfully organize a boycott yet. They forget there is always a first time.

I'm with you on this one maringoman. Despite the fact that Hot Lotto is an RNG game, which I tend to not completely trust, I have always done well under the current format winning in about 1 in 10 lines where the average odds of winning any prize are 1 in 16.1. I don't get how the overall odds will only go up to 1:17.2 when they're adding 8 white balls. Are they reducing the number of hot balls down from 19???

Anyways living in Mass do you play Lucky for Life at all? The odds of hitting the JP on that game are 1 in 13.8 million, or less than half the new odds for Hot Lotto. Overall odds for any prize are 1 in 6.6, but I've done well with that one too getting a hit 1 of every 5 lines so far this year.

For anyone under 60 years old I think you would make out better with L4L than one would with the typically smallish HL jackpots. With that being said I'm also done with Hot Lotto once the matrix change kicks in. I'm sticking with L4L, Tri State Megabucks Plus, and of course PB and MM when the jackpots climb into the quarter billion range.

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2013, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Sucking up seems like the only way to get ahead these days.

Indeed...it would be a little odd to suck down.  Oogle

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19825 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2013, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

lol. So true. Increasing productivity is not even on the list, because they don't produce anything. lol

What about all those millionaires lotteries produce?  Millionaires that would never exist if they had to depend on their work or the wealth of a hard working relative.  Every day thousands of plain ordinary folks spend millions of dollars on lottery tickets knowing their only chance of ever being a millionaire is winning a lottery jackpot.

Lotteries do indeed produce something, they produce dreams.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2013, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

I always wonder if we the lottery players have any rights when it comes to changes in games matrixes. In the last 8 years there has been lots and lots of changes to the lottery games. Those changes are not to increase the odds of winning, as you expect. They are to make it harder to win. The commissioners probably don't even hold a vote on the issue. They push it through, military style, justifying that nobody is forcing anybody to play. Which is true Disapprove Just the other day they announced that Hot Lotto will be harder to win come May 2013. The odds will change from 1:10,939,383 to 1:29,144,841. Isn't that crazy?  Are they doing this because they know no matter what, we will still play? Maybe they are doing this because they know we as individuals are powerless and non of us has been able to successfully organize a boycott yet. They forget there is always a first time.

This is a good question maringoman.

And logically if the lottery is a "voluntary tax" then the answer should be YES.

After all we are making genius's right by providing money for education?

To organize a boycott, we need to divert the funds we give to the state on a daily basis to a highly regulated private national lottery.

Now that would be a task for the shark tank.

Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2013, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Yes msharkey2001 I play LFL once in a while. I never got into it because I preferred Hot Lotto to it but this is about to change in April. Usually I play one line of MegaMillions, MegaBucks Doubler, PowerBall, Hot Lotto and Tri States Megabucks then if I have some extra money I play Mass Cash.

Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2013, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

This is a good question maringoman.

And logically if the lottery is a "voluntary tax" then the answer should be YES.

After all we are making genius's right by providing money for education?

To organize a boycott, we need to divert the funds we give to the state on a daily basis to a highly regulated private national lottery.

Now that would be a task for the shark tank.

I really wish they wouldn't keep changing the games. They are already making hundreds of millions in profits as it is.

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2013, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

I really wish they wouldn't keep changing the games. They are already making hundreds of millions in profits as it is.

I Agree! Totally.

Take NY as a case in point.  The original lotto game was a 6/40 with bonus ball. (back before I could play)

Then they introduced a series of matrix changes resulting in the current 6/59 structure.

I think this must have hurt sales because a couple of years ago the reintroduced the 6/40 game, (this time no bonus ball) with a different pay scale.

Crazy

Now there are two pick six games.   Talk about trying to fleece the public.

I think LP should have a section of all the employees, at least CEO's and their pay, bonus, etc.  Its a akin to legalized mafia.

However I do believe NYL does a good job in its monitoring and auditing of results procedures,etc, which at least keep the game fare. But payouts are suffering!!

P.S. We still have live draws and real balls so its much harder for them to cheat as I am sure some states do using RNG. (not all states)

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                            Joplin MO
                            United States
                            Member #138489
                            January 28, 2013
                            190 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2013, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

It ticks me off that they are changing Hot Lotto ... GRRRRR!!!  I just started playing this game not too long ago.

If you go to Wikipedia and type in Hot Lotto, you can find a comparison of odds & payouts between the current and new game.

At least they are increasing the payouts for the lower prizes.  My only hope is that I can win more of the lower prizes while I wait for the BIG ONE!!!

Note:  I **WOULD HAVE** posted the link to this, but I got warned by Lottery Post that if I do this again, I'll get MY ACCOUNT CLOSED!  THANKS!!! ... And now, I had to re-type what I said the first time instead of just backing up to remove the link ... GRRRRR!!!  Next time, maybe I just won't pass the information I find along, that might actually be of use to someone!!!  SORRY!!!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4788 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2013, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

It ticks me off that they are changing Hot Lotto ... GRRRRR!!!  I just started playing this game not too long ago.

If you go to Wikipedia and type in Hot Lotto, you can find a comparison of odds & payouts between the current and new game.

At least they are increasing the payouts for the lower prizes.  My only hope is that I can win more of the lower prizes while I wait for the BIG ONE!!!

Note:  I **WOULD HAVE** posted the link to this, but I got warned by Lottery Post that if I do this again, I'll get MY ACCOUNT CLOSED!  THANKS!!! ... And now, I had to re-type what I said the first time instead of just backing up to remove the link ... GRRRRR!!!  Next time, maybe I just won't pass the information I find along, that might actually be of use to someone!!!  SORRY!!!

Thanks for the hot lotto info. I did not know that info and don't like the changes either.

J'aime La France.