Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anybody feel as if they hit the "lottery" in life itself??

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 4 years ago by maximumfun.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2013, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Money is such a big part of America now a days i'm wondering just how many people think they hit life's lottery...As in maybe you beat cancer, or your child didn't get hurt or God forbid killed in some accident...Or you like me actually had a great childhood and have more fond memories of growing up than bad...I could ALWAYS use more money LOL....but as life goes i think I got a pretty good one...I hope all of you do as well........

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: February 16, 2013, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

every day feels like another draw to me

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

CHERRY HILL, NJ
      United States
      Member #130213
      July 9, 2012
      387 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2013, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Money is such a big part of America now a days i'm wondering just how many people think they hit life's lottery...As in maybe you beat cancer, or your child didn't get hurt or God forbid killed in some accident...Or you like me actually had a great childhood and have more fond memories of growing up than bad...I could ALWAYS use more money LOL....but as life goes i think I got a pretty good one...I hope all of you do as well........

Just the thought that I was born and did not get aborted makes me feel like I won BIG. Yes I am thankful for each morning I wake up to.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #123290
        February 17, 2012
        3048 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2013, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm grateful as well, I"m still here alive and kicking!!Approve

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: February 16, 2013, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Yes I am alive. Thank you JESUS!!!!

Marrying my best-friend

My two sons

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: February 16, 2013, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

As long as I have to work for a living just to barely make ends meet is not something i consider beating a life lottery. We live in a material world, and it takes money to survive, or lots more money to live stress free with no cares in the world. I want as much money as i can get.

I'll save the whales after i get rich.

People always say you have your health. Yeah, so what? Working 7 days a week is no way to live life, especially when there isn't time to enjoy it cause I'm always working.

If you ain't rich, life is just a waste of time and energy trying to catch up, especially in a bad economy.

So many people tell me it could be worse, but i got news for them. NEWS FLASH !, It could be better too.

Life sucks if you isn't rich, cause after this life, you're just worm food.

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
              Member #103786
              January 5, 2011
              486 Posts
              Posted: February 16, 2013, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

The phrase of "the things you own end up owning you" comes to mind a lot these days. And the "things" are the basics just  needed to get by each day. But all we can do is push on.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: February 17, 2013, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Just the thought that I was born and did not get aborted makes me feel like I won BIG. Yes I am thankful for each morning I wake up to.

I agree. Thumbs Up If you make it out of your mother's womb without Planned Parenthood chopping you up into little pieces, life can be a wonderful thing!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: February 17, 2013, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Yes I am alive. Thank you JESUS!!!!

Marrying my best-friend

My two sons

That's the American dream, dallas.

You are blessed.

Praise God.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8360 Posts
                    Posted: February 17, 2013, 2:39 am - IP Logged
                    Considering no one knows what will happen next and while one sleeps has no idea if they will wake up or not or wake up with a disabling condition. When i wake up it's as though i won another day.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                      oregon
                      United States
                      Member #136618
                      December 15, 2012
                      14 Posts
                      Posted: February 17, 2013, 3:04 am - IP Logged

As long as I have to work for a living just to barely make ends meet is not something i consider beating a life lottery. We live in a material world, and it takes money to survive, or lots more money to live stress free with no cares in the world. I want as much money as i can get.

I'll save the whales after i get rich.

People always say you have your health. Yeah, so what? Working 7 days a week is no way to live life, especially when there isn't time to enjoy it cause I'm always working.

If you ain't rich, life is just a waste of time and energy trying to catch up, especially in a bad economy.

So many people tell me it could be worse, but i got news for them. NEWS FLASH !, It could be better too.

Life sucks if you isn't rich, cause after this life, you're just worm food.

I know the feeling you speak of... I just cant sit there and think of what i dont have. It is frustrating and if you continue to seek or look for what you dont have. all it will do is cause you more distasteful feelings and thoughts. Life is not easy and yes so many half to work so much harder then others. I wont give you no out of the blue sayings, Just the fact that i hear you and understand what your saying.

As for my responce to this thread, Cant say i hit lifes lottery. But i can say my life is pretty full with others i take care of... I will be set once i can get a little me time. feeling burned out and cant keep up.... over all life could be worse....

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
                        New Hampshire
                        United States
                        Member #136492
                        December 12, 2012
                        322 Posts
                        Posted: February 17, 2013, 5:41 am - IP Logged

I think life itself is the opposite of lottery, where as with a lottery your winning depends on luck and random chance. With life much depends on what you're willing to put into it. As Henry Ford used to say, "The harder I work, the luckier I am."

I also believe that everything you do in life effects future events and outcomes. If you persevere, work hard, and treat others with respect you'll create the circumstances yourself that will contribute to your own happiness in the future. Karma is the word that comes to mind to best describe it.

Too bad it's not the other way around where the lottery mimicked real life. I would feel much better about my chances for a big hit!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4786 Posts
                          Posted: February 17, 2013, 9:20 am - IP Logged

I agree. Thumbs Up If you make it out of your mother's womb without Planned Parenthood chopping you up into little pieces, life can be a wonderful thing!

Amen to that!

J'aime La France.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40377 Posts
                            Posted: February 17, 2013, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Everyday is a gift, Just yesterday, I was waiting for my son to get home before I started my shift, He went to the Gun and Knife show in Novi, bout a 20 minute drive from here, all freeway, the snow was coming down in squalls, Needless to say, I was a worried Mom.

When he got home, he told me about the scary ride home, how slow they had to drive, I got a big hug, It was a hug that said, " I love my Mom" You can't trade those moments for all the money in the world.

Cherish the little moments, they mean everything.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4786 Posts
                              Posted: February 17, 2013, 9:49 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  If you want something in life, work for it.  I have never had anything handed to me nor would I want anything handed to me (with the exception of a lottery win). Everything means more when you work for it. When people tell me they want to do this or that (and the first step really depends on them and no one else), it is funny how many don't even try. I never heard that Henry Ford quote before but I like it!

J'aime La France.